Is Josh Allen faster than Tyrod Taylor???

Mac14

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're right....I think "shifty" is a better word than athletic in this case.  Taylor can cut quicker but Allen seems to be mentally a step ahead of his defender.

Each brings a different dimension- and both are fun to watch running the ball. This is the first time since Jim Kelly I have been excited for a young QB. I never felt it for EJ, Edwards, Losman, etc... 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Taylor is probably quicker out of the gates but I’d take Allen’s top end speed.

I think Allen has better balance too.  I remember seeing Taylor running and put a great move on a defender to get by him but then stumbled the next few steps.  It's like his hips moved quicker than his feet and caused an unbalance.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Always seems to have more room to run too, probably because defenses are actually worried about him passing the ball

Absolutely!  Josh is a much greater throwing threat than Tyrod, hence the line isn't as crowded and he has more space to work with.  Tyrod was able to excel in close quarters with his shiftiness.  Josh is a more complete player as Tyrod isn't near the thrower Josh is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yes I have already discussed this in another thread. Allen already has 2 runs this year where he was clocked at 20 mph or faster by next gen stats. Tyrod's fastest speed was 18.8 mph. 

In comparison Cam Newton has been clocked at 20 MPH or faster 4 times in his career, topping out at the same top speed as Allen had of 20.6 mph.

Like running a tuner against a muscle car.

Tuner might take em off the line and in the eigth mile but after that it may be a different story.

We had a tuned Neon.

Now we got a Demon.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

TT is quicker because he's smaller and lighter.  But Josh can run faster.

Again   ..........  What are Tyrods "clocked speed" times?  w/o it it is all speculation.

Josh was clocked at 20 + mph twice this season.  Tyrods?

Also a "Big lumbering" guys look "slower" when they run.

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again   ..........  What are Tyrods "clocked speed" times?  w/o it it is all speculation.

Josh was clocked at 20 + mph twice this season.  Tyrods?

Also a "Big lumbering" guys look "slower" when they run.

The name of the site escapes me but it measures their speed on the field.  Josh has topped out at 20.6 MPH whereas TT's was 18.8.