Jeremiah Sirles Watch

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Wow, few times we agree. 

Hewas definitely pushed back a lot, but he never let a guy get by him. 

I'm sure you are basing your opinion on your own review of Sirles' play as opposed to regurgitating what other people posted on twittersphere. 

Couldn't care any less what you're sure of. I have eyes.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I tried paying attention to him to see how he was doing but couldn't stop watching Allen.

Anyone know how he did?

I watched the game again yesterday,I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope Miller will be ready on Sunday.Sirles was a mess,barely moving forward at times..as somebody else said = "muddy feet".

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the thing on "stopping Allen's running"

I don't know wtf he's been up to, but compared to what his running was like at the beginning of the season, something is up.

He's sick, man, sick.  He needs to refine more, but he's dropping my jaw.  He's like channeling Shady or something.

Let's walk through a play.  Here's the Hail Mary at the end of the half.  I promise, this will be fun.

Quinn has beat Dawkins and is bearing down on Allen like a freight train.  Harris is about to beat his guy on the right. 
image.thumb.png.af0daddedb4202e8c877748734359dfa.png

Nope.  Allen steps up, jukes left, and not only does Quinn miss Allen, *his momentum takes him into Harris, and takes Harris out too.

Meanwhile, Allen is still looking downfield.
image.thumb.png.fff4aeead0f51c44d7603e8c6b08a38c.png

Now here's where maybe the rookie takes over.  Instead of stepping into the lane between Groy and Boettger, Allen keeps going to the right and turns his back.  Groy's man is licking his chops.  I believe Allen should have stepped up and let it fly at that point, but maybe I'm wrong.

image.thumb.png.7225a4876b9b51579b3d4c295716264f.png

Instead, he easily wins the footrace, leads the defender (Williams?) back into Groy, and looks back downfield to see what's developed

image.thumb.png.94195e86a57f233fca99eb7bafda0085.png

Quinn is still on his stomach going "WTF just happened?"  Harris is struggling to his feet. 

Allen's inexperience shows.  He should stop right there - trust Groy to delay Williams, reset nicely, and keep away from Harris - let Dawkins screen them off and buy him time.

Instead he keeps going towards Harris, does a crap job of resetting his feet and has Harris pressuring him, makes an off-balance throw that's too much of a rainbow, and throws the INT.

But man - the moves, the cuts, the jukes.  You can't coach that stuff.  He keeps up with the moves like that, Good Luck stopping him running.

He has shown a weird knack for eluding guys I would not expect such a big quarterback to have. I’m extremely impressed with his running skills. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DCOrange said:

maybe they should try Ike Boetger?

18 hours ago, hemma said:

Watching Sirles brought back memories of Colin Brown.

I saw in snapcounts (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BoetIk00/fantasy/2018) that Boetteger was in there for 8 snaps, though I could only spot 2 of them and he held up ok.

Anyway, Sirles breakdowns led to a bunch of Allen runs/first downs.  I'm hoping that's not a Castillo strategy.

Yeah without all that poor blocking Allen may have only rushed for 35 yards :lol:

9 hours ago, Luka said:

Center, right guard and right tackle all need a serious upgrade in the offseason. And to answer your question, Sirles was complete trash. The guy's footwork is atrocious.

Just looked him up and this is his Fith year. If he hasnt improved by now he never will.

8 hours ago, GG said:

And yet he was better than the two guys who preceeded him. 

Which is INCREDIBLY sad.

6 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I watched the game again yesterday,I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope Miller will be ready on Sunday.Sirles was a mess,barely moving forward at times..as somebody else said = "muddy feet".

i don't know, seeing Miller on his back cant be better.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the thing on "stopping Allen's running"

I don't know wtf he's been up to, but compared to what his running was like at the beginning of the season, something is up.

He's sick, man, sick.  He needs to refine more, but he's dropping my jaw.  He's like channeling Shady or something.

Let's walk through a play.  Here's the Hail Mary at the end of the half.  I promise, this will be fun.

Quinn has beat Dawkins and is bearing down on Allen like a freight train.  Harris is about to beat his guy on the right. 
image.thumb.png.af0daddedb4202e8c877748734359dfa.png

Nope.  Allen steps up, jukes left, and not only does Quinn miss Allen, *his momentum takes him into Harris, and takes Harris out too.

Meanwhile, Allen is still looking downfield.
image.thumb.png.fff4aeead0f51c44d7603e8c6b08a38c.png

Now here's where maybe the rookie takes over.  Instead of stepping into the lane between Groy and Boettger, Allen keeps going to the right and turns his back.  Groy's man is licking his chops.  I believe Allen should have stepped up and let it fly at that point, but maybe I'm wrong.

image.thumb.png.7225a4876b9b51579b3d4c295716264f.png

Instead, he easily wins the footrace, leads the defender (Williams?) back into Groy, and looks back downfield to see what's developed

image.thumb.png.94195e86a57f233fca99eb7bafda0085.png

Quinn is still on his stomach going "WTF just happened?"  Harris is struggling to his feet. 

Allen's inexperience shows.  He should stop right there - trust Groy to delay Williams, reset nicely, and keep away from Harris - let Dawkins screen them off and buy him time.

Instead he keeps going towards Harris, does a crap job of resetting his feet and has Harris pressuring him, makes an off-balance throw that's too much of a rainbow, and throws the INT.

But man - the moves, the cuts, the jukes.  You can't coach that stuff.  He keeps up with the moves like that, Good Luck stopping him running.

Ike Boettger doing a pretty good job on this play as well. 

23 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Wow, I had forgotten that we actually had a lineman named Colin Brown. And now I recall that he was actually a free agent "upgrade" over somebody or other. We really have sucked at RG for a long time .... Erik Pears anyone?

i don't remember him playing guard, but he was the last half way decent rt we had and that ain't saying much.

14 hours ago, Logic said:

He was quite bad.

I'd much rather seem them start Boettger going forward. 

If it turns out that Teller and Boettger are both quality guards, then it lessens our offseason o-line shopping list considerably.

i agree and don't understand why they would even try sirles at rg.  his experience is rt.  started 10 games for the vikes i believe.  don't get this at all.  waste of time.

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ike Boettger doing a pretty good job on this play as well. 

yep and i'm surprised that no one has pointed out the turnstile mills is.  this play shows it perfectly....and it happens every. single. game....i think playing next to him has got to make that rg spot very difficult.  rt is the absolute worst spot on this line and has been for quite a while now.

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

yep and i'm surprised that no one has pointed out the turnstile mills is.  this play shows it perfectly....and it happens every. single. game....i think playing next to him has got to make that rg spot very difficult.  rt is the absolute worst spot on this line and has been for quite a while now.

Mills is absolutely awful. He has been pretty much since he got here. 

I think Daryl Williams is probably the most obvious fit for this roster this off season. He is a RT only, but very good. The issue is he has been on IR all season with a pretty serious knee injury. So there is a fair amount of risk, but he may also come a bit cheaper because of it. I want us to spend on young veterans, guys like Nick Easton, AJ Cann, Wiliams. 

I am a big Dion Dawkins supported, but I feel like he has not been great lately either. Groy, Bodine are not great. Bodine is the perfect back up center. Teller has been okay. 

I really want them to give Boettger a chance to play to see what we have.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sirles working as the backup at Center with Miller practicing as the starter at RG. 

That's yucky. If Sirles was not stout at guard it will be even worse with a nose tackle in his face at center. And Miller sucks. I really wish they would just let Ike Boettger play. There is nothing to lose and Miller will not be back. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

That's yucky. If Sirles was not stout at guard it will be even worse with a nose tackle in his face at center. And Miller sucks. I really wish they would just let Ike Boettger play. There is nothing to lose and Miller will not be back. 

They gave Butt Kicker a series in the Miami game. I think he'll get addsitional snaps in these last four games to assess whwre he is. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They gave Butt Kicker a series in the Miami game. I think he'll get addsitional snaps in these last four games to assess whwre he is. 

Boy I sure hope so. Watching Miller and Mills play is like shades of watching Mike Tolbert get carries for -1 yard and Preston Brown leaving tight ends wide open over the middle. Anything is better. 

I am a fan of Teller but I really didnt feel like the Miami game was his best game......

One thing I am noticing as I specifically key on him.......you always see Teller downfield looking for someone to hit......one thing I am noticing his he was "chipping" defenders on his blocks but sometimes those same defenders were getting back into the play and making the tackle.....which means Teller did not get ENOUGH of the defender on their blocks....or that the play did not develop fast enough to take advantage of Teller's chip.

Or....it could mean that someone else was supposed to finish the block and didnt