Jeremiah Sirles Watch

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Sirles played like trash.  Groy looks awful now that he's not filling in next to either Wood or Incognito.  Bills need to upgrade the G and C positions immediately.  Mills blows at RT too.  I'm not sold on Teller but he'll likely get the chance to keep his starting LG position next season

Teller at least has the strength physically, just needs to work on technique and rush counter moves. So POSSIBLY he can develop. The other ones mentioned dont have the strength or the technique.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I rewatched all Allen’s throws and runs from the game, both guards and center really looked to get man handled on a lot of plays. 

Teams are going to start gameplanning a lot more for Allen’s running I expect to see a really bad rookie game for him once a defense can stop his running. 

I think the line as a whole was below average for that dolphin game. Let’s hope a little continuity builds for next week 

The dolphins game planned for it but it didnt do them any good.

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I rewatched all Allen’s throws and runs from the game, both guards and center really looked to get man handled on a lot of plays. 

Teams are going to start gameplanning a lot more for Allen’s running I expect to see a really bad rookie game for him once a defense can stop his running. 

I think the line as a whole was below average for that dolphin game. Let’s hope a little continuity builds for next week 

Tough to game plan for his runs when Josh doesn't game plan for them either.  Its pure improv, with very little called runs any more.  Kiko was spying all game, it didn't matter.   The kid is a true double threat.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GG said:

Disagree based on what I saw in the first half.  He got pushed back a bunch of times into the pocket, but I didn't see a single clean beat that's common with Miller

Yeah he got constantly jacked up and pushed back.......he is tall and it's very easy for the DT to get under his pads..........but he did a surprisingly decent job of keeping the DT in front of him............not good enough but not having free rushers probably made it a lot easier for Josh to get out of the pocket on the runs.

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Here's the thing on "stopping Allen's running"

I don't know wtf he's been up to, but compared to what his running was like at the beginning of the season, something is up.

He's sick, man, sick.  He needs to refine more, but he's dropping my jaw.  He's like channeling Shady or something.

Let's walk through a play.  Here's the Hail Mary at the end of the half.  I promise, this will be fun.

Quinn has beat Dawkins and is bearing down on Allen like a freight train.  Harris is about to beat his guy on the right. 
image.thumb.png.af0daddedb4202e8c877748734359dfa.png

Nope.  Allen steps up, jukes left, and not only does Quinn miss Allen, *his momentum takes him into Harris, and takes Harris out too.

Meanwhile, Allen is still looking downfield.
image.thumb.png.fff4aeead0f51c44d7603e8c6b08a38c.png

Now here's where maybe the rookie takes over.  Instead of stepping into the lane between Groy and Boettger, Allen keeps going to the right and turns his back.  Groy's man is licking his chops.  I believe Allen should have stepped up and let it fly at that point, but maybe I'm wrong.

image.thumb.png.7225a4876b9b51579b3d4c295716264f.png

Instead, he easily wins the footrace, leads the defender (Williams?) back into Groy, and looks back downfield to see what's developed

image.thumb.png.94195e86a57f233fca99eb7bafda0085.png

Quinn is still on his stomach going "WTF just happened?"  Harris is struggling to his feet. 

Allen's inexperience shows.  He should stop right there - trust Groy to delay Williams, reset nicely, and keep away from Harris - let Dawkins screen them off and buy him time.

Instead he keeps going towards Harris, does a crap job of resetting his feet and has Harris pressuring him, makes an off-balance throw that's too much of a rainbow, and throws the INT.

But man - the moves, the cuts, the jukes.  You can't coach that stuff.  He keeps up with the moves like that, Good Luck stopping him running.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he got constantly jacked up and pushed back.......he is tall and it's very easy for the DT to get under his pads..........but he did a surprisingly decent job of keeping the DT in front of him............not good enough but not having free rushers probably made it a lot easier for Josh to get out of the pocket on the runs.

Wow, few times we agree. 

Hewas definitely pushed back a lot, but he never let a guy get by him. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about no!

I'm sure you are basing your opinion on your own review of Sirles' play as opposed to regurgitating what other people posted on twittersphere.