Jeremiah Sirles Watch

I rewatched all Allen’s throws and runs from the game, both guards and center really looked to get man handled on a lot of plays. 

Teams are going to start gameplanning a lot more for Allen’s running I expect to see a really bad rookie game for him once a defense can stop his running. 

I think the line as a whole was below average for that dolphin game. Let’s hope a little continuity builds for next week 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Disagree based on what I saw in the first half.  He got pushed back a bunch of times into the pocket, but I didn't see a single clean beat that's common with Miller

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Disagree based on what I saw in the first half.  He got pushed back a bunch of times into the pocket, but I didn't see a single clean beat that's common with Miller

So, it's pick your poison ????

Watching Sirles brought back memories of Colin Brown.

I saw in snapcounts (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BoetIk00/fantasy/2018) that Boetteger was in there for 8 snaps, though I could only spot 2 of them and he held up ok.

Anyway, Sirles breakdowns led to a bunch of Allen runs/first downs.  I'm hoping that's not a Castillo strategy.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GG said:

On the big DiMarco catch, Sirles got beat pretty cleanly.  McCoy did a good job giving Allen time by helping out on the penetrating DT.

RG is an absolute need in the offseason.  Being beat cleanly or being pushed back in the pocket....both can ruin plays.  

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

So, it's pick your poison ????

Definitely a pick your poison situation.  Yeah Sirles may not get beat cleanly as much but when he's pushed back in the pocket, Allen can't step up to throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

I don't think so.  To me, Sirles was a clear upgrade over Miller

I hope you are right. Like many others, I was curious to see how he would do, but the Josh show was so captivating it took all the attention. We'll have to leave it for the pros at TBD to decide.

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

I saw in snapcounts (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BoetIk00/fantasy/2018) that Boetteger was in there for 8 snaps, though I could only spot 2 of them and he held up ok.

Anyway, Sirles breakdowns led to a bunch of Allen runs/first downs.  I'm hoping that's not a Castillo strategy.

Wow, I had forgotten that we actually had a lineman named Colin Brown. And now I recall that he was actually a free agent "upgrade" over somebody or other. We really have sucked at RG for a long time .... Erik Pears anyone?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

It seems Boetteger is getting more snaps lately. I think he had a pretty decent pre-season. Let's hope he progresses to make a real impact. Interestingly, there seems to be no thought of moving Ducasse back to the right side.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sirles played like trash.  Groy looks awful now that he's not filling in next to either Wood or Incognito.  Bills need to upgrade the G and C positions immediately.  Mills blows at RT too.  I'm not sold on Teller but he'll likely get the chance to keep his starting LG position next season

Edited by Laughing Coffin
  • Like (+1) 2