Julio Jones and the 2019 Bills

27 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

A match made in heaven.  He wants a new contract. The Falcons just took Ridley in the 1st round and will probably be rebuilding with a new coach. He will be 30 next year and has shown no signs of slowing down.  

I actually EXPECT Beane to make a run for him this off season.  We have seen he likes to wheel and deal and next year he will have the $ and picks at his disposal.  It fills probably our biggest need besides O-line, which is a true #1 reciever. Give him a 3 year 60 million dollar extension and everybody is happy. I don’t know what it would take to get him, maybe a 1st and a 4th or so.  

Then our 2019 Wr would look something like:

1.Julio Jones

2. Zay Jones

3. Reggie Mckenzie

4. Robert Foster

5. Fill in the blank

Get Allen a “waterbug” type running back, a # 1 tight end, 3 more offensive linemen and you have a division winner next year IMO. Oh yeh and a new special teams coach for good measure.  

Reggie McKenzie is way too fat and old to play WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Go for Antonio Brown instead with JuJu emerging and see if KC wants to trade Travis Kelce as payola for giving them Patrick the Great. Let's get crazy!

Dead cap hit over $20M if Pitt trades Brown.

Dead cap for Atlanta trading Julio $5M.

Bandit and I had this discussion in another thread today...........love both.

Julio more of a process guy........quiet hard working.......turns into a strong safety in a heartbeat and will cream a DB if the ball is out of his reach.

Don’t get me wrong, anyone in their right mind would want Julio Jones. The cost in picks (which we dearly need to fill other holes) and $$$ makes me wonder. I don’t think that’s the direction our FO wants to go. I don’t see them as splashy, and the whole Mario thing left a bad stink in the room. Fortunately, Julio seems to be a person of high character. Mario was a ring chaser, but it wasn’t a SB ring.  ?

If the Bills were one or two players away from seriously contending for a championship then yeah, go get Julio at age 30. If you're the current Bills in need of a lot of pieces with several current players still learning, then NO! He would have no interest in coming to Buffalo. Much better off either drafting a No. 1 receiver and let him grow with the current team or go after someone around age 25 where he could potentially be a Bill for 10 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

you want to spend two thirds of our cap space on Julio Jones?? 

kFxqZBq.gif

Two thirds of $90 million? Exaggerating much?

We need guys that can score points. I understand the line is a huge need but players that put points on the board are more important. Julio does that. I don't know if they would have up a 1 and 4 for a 30 year old receiver. I would off the Falcons a 2 and a 5 though and see if they bite. I would love be some Julio Jones. Then draft Noah Fant. Got our tight end of the future our receiver we so desperatley need and year 2 of Allen. That would be awesome

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t get me wrong, anyone in their right mind would want Julio Jones. The cost in picks (which we dearly need to fill other holes) and $$$ makes me wonder. I don’t think that’s the direction our FO wants to go. I don’t see them as splashy, and the whole Mario thing left a bad stink in the room. Fortunately, Julio seems to be a person of high character. Mario was a ring chaser, but it wasn’t a SB ring.  ?

They gave a part time player in Star Lotulelei $10M per year..............if you  don't think the FO is ready and willing to spend to fix holes I don't know what to tell ya'!

The Packers used the "always want to be getting younger" approach with their roster under Rodgers and it ultimately got McCarthy fired.

You gotta' make moves when you have opportunity to convert them into success.............and next season the AFC East could be wide open for the first time in 2 decades.........it's time to try to make that jump like the Eagles/Rams/Chiefs/Bears have in the past couple seasons.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They gave a part time player in Star Lotulelei $10M per year..............if you think the FO is ready and willing to spend to fix holes I don't know what to tell ya'!

The Packers used the "always want to be getting younger" approach with their roster under Rodgers and it ultimately got McCarthy fired.

You gotta' make moves when you have opportunity to convert them into success.............and next season the AFC East could be wide open for the first time in 2 decades.........it's time to try to make that jump like the Eagles/Rams/Chiefs/Bears have in the past couple seasons.

We’ll see. Star was pricey, but he didn’t also cost a couple draft picks that fill a couple more holes. We have holes to fill. Do we even know of the Falcons are entertaining offers? I know they appeased him before this season. I’m not sure if $17M will satisfy him, and over how many years with how much guaranteed? For a 30 year old WR. Prudence is advised. No more bad contracts. 

21 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

If the Bills were one or two players away from seriously contending for a championship then yeah, go get Julio at age 30. If you're the current Bills in need of a lot of pieces with several current players still learning, then NO! He would have no interest in coming to Buffalo. Much better off either drafting a No. 1 receiver and let him grow with the current team or go after someone around age 25 where he could potentially be a Bill for 10 years.

Ill keep saying it. Next year is the year we are supposed to be 1-2 pieces away. 

You arent JUST adding a wr, but talking probably 2 lineman, 2 wr, a tight end, etc... if one of those is an unreasonable deal that’s slated to come off the books in conjunction with Allen getting paid- you are actually doing it right. Could be any number of guys but not unreasonable to look at Julio 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

We’ll see. Star was pricey, but he didn’t also cost a couple draft picks that fill a couple more holes. We have holes to fill. Do we even know of the Falcons are entertaining offers? I know they appeased him before this season. I’m not sure if $17M will satisfy him, and over how many years with how much guaranteed? For a 30 year old WR. Prudence is advised. No more bad contracts. 

Theres some leverage as he’d have 2 years 20m left.

If you tack on 2 more even very highly paid... that’s what, 4 years 60m to take him into his twilight? 

To get him to highest paid territory you’d really have to ignore the existing deal completely 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ill keep saying it. Next year is the year we are supposed to be 1-2 pieces away. 

You arent JUST adding a wr, but talking probably 2 lineman, 2 wr, a tight end, etc... if one of those is an unreasonable deal that’s slated to come off the books in conjunction with Allen getting paid- you are actually doing it right. Could be any number of guys but not unreasonable to look at Julio 

I TOTALLY hear what you are saying, but it just may be one year early IMO depending upon the cost. I’ll trust the FO over any of us! I just don’t want to get jammed up over any more bad contracts. Let’s get the base together first. Next year we WILL still be 1-2 pieces away, but we’ll know better where we stand and how to fill them after that. 

42 minutes ago, transient said:

You don’t know that, his time as Raiders GM may have given him a new appreciation for speed... making him... fast... by... association?

He wasn't talking about that McKenzie. Reggie McKensize is the All-NFL former Buffalo guard who led the OL for OJ Simpson.

Edited by greenyellowred