Julio Jones and the 2019 Bills

A match made in heaven.  He wants a new contract. The Falcons just took Ridley in the 1st round and will probably be rebuilding with a new coach. He will be 30 next year and has shown no signs of slowing down.  

I actually EXPECT Beane to make a run for him this off season.  We have seen he likes to wheel and deal and next year he will have the $ and picks at his disposal.  It fills probably our biggest need besides O-line, which is a true #1 reciever. Give him a 3 year 60 million dollar extension and everybody is happy. I don’t know what it would take to get him, maybe a 1st and a 4th or so.  

Then our 2019 Wr would look something like:

1.Julio Jones

2. Zay Jones

3. Isiah Mckenzie

4. Robert Foster

5. Fill in the blank

Get Allen a “waterbug” type running back, a # 1 tight end, 3 more offensive linemen and you have a division winner next year IMO. Oh yeh and a new special teams coach for good measure.  

Edited by Estelle Getty
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We’re building a young (and cheap) team to move forward. I don’t see an expensive flashy move for a guy who will be trending downward by the time we are seriously competing year after year. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Augie said:

We’re building a young (and cheap) team to move forward. I don’t see an expensive flashy move for a guy who will be over the hill by the time we are seriously competing. 

Year 2 of the rookie qb is when your window tends to open, and then you have about 3 years to overspend for immediate impact. 

If you even halfway believe in allen, beane and McD then challenging for the division next year needs to be the expectation

i think Julio is a legit maybe if they can work out contract/picks involved in a remotely reasonable way. As a former division foe they are more intimately familiar too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

A match made in heaven.  He wants a new contract. The Falcons just took Ridley in the 1st round and will probably be rebuilding with a new coach. He will be 30 next year and has shown no signs of slowing down.  

I actually EXPECT Beane to make a run for him this off season.  We have seen he likes to wheel and deal and next year he will have the $ and picks at his disposal.  It fills probably our biggest need besides O-line, which is a true #1 reciever. Give him a 3 year 60 million dollar extension and everybody is happy. I don’t know what it would take to get him, maybe a 1st and a 4th or so.  

Then our 2019 Wr would look something like:

1.Julio Jones

2. Zay Jones

3. Reggie Mckenzie

4. Robert Foster

5. Fill in the blank

Get Allen a “waterbug” type running back, a # 1 tight end, 3 more offensive linemen and you have a division winner next year IMO. Oh yeh and a new special teams coach for good measure.  

I don't mean to be a wise guy, but who is Reggie McKenzie?  What's a waterbug type running back and why would we need that type?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Year 2 of the rookie qb is when your window tends to open, and then you have about 3 years to overspend for immediate impact. 

If you even halfway believe in allen, beane and McD then challenging for the division next year needs to be the expectation

i think Julio is a legit maybe if they can work out contract/picks involved in a remotely reasonable way. As a former division foe they are more intimately familiar too.

He's exactly the type of WR they'd need.

Edit: I realize he's a HOF'er... 

Edited by stony

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I know WR is getting more important with the rules and a higher % of cap space, but that’s a bit old considering where we are in our development, IMO. I want to build the lines, not have the most expensive WR in football. We can add some weapons, but it doesn’t have to be Julio. I’m not sure where the Falcons stand on cap space (and if they CAN keep Julio), but they did a good job picking up Ridley, and I’d prefer that model. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Julio is the man, but most WRs do not age gracefully.  Plus it seems like he’s banged up a lot.  At some point he’ll stop answering the bell every week.

can't see the Bills moving high picks to acquire him.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You think it's going to take the Bills 5 years from now to seriously compete??

Who wouldnt want Julio Jones?

I’d WANT him, but I’m not sure I want the most expensive WR in the NFL. 

And the cost is far more than just cap space. What do you have to give up for the right to pay him? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1