NFL Officials are making a great game tough to watch

PUNT750

So many penalties during every NFL game and NOT just a Bills game.  Big plays cancelled by ticky tack fouls when outrageous, obvious penalties are missed. NFL Referees seem to have the authority to make arbitrary interpretations of common sense rules and make very strange game changing calls.   Taunting Fouls?  You could call taunting on every NFL tackle or big offensive play!!!

It's a League wide problem.  We need younger and perhaps more female officials that don't serve the needs of the old school NFL owners.  Most of the NFL crews have become way over zealous and that can lead to a feeling among the fans of corruption in the game itself. 

Edited by PUNT750

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I honestly think this is what the NFL wants to a certain degree. They want scoring and big fantasy numbers for the fans.

I don’t think the officials would call everything if the NFL told them to let them play

Not when they are negating a big play...

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mind you, I'm not claiming women can't officiate.  I'm not claiming they can officiate.

I'm just claiming you're an idiot for thinking the problem with officiating can be solved by gender diversity.  :wacko:

I'm just mentioning female officials because they've worked well in college football.  They don't tend to "buddy up" to senior male officials that seem to get the final voice on penalty calls.  What do you think those little huddles are all about when a couple of officials have a different view as to what/which penalty should be called?

Edited by PUNT750

I don't think it has anything to do with gender...and I speak as a member of the female contingent...but age may have something to do with some crews.   The crew in the  Bills game wasn't old.  I think the more the league thinkers with the rules the worse it gets.   They always screwed teams on holding...sometimes they'd call it, sometimes not...but PI, roughing the passer,  personal fouls...are so subjective, it depends on which way the wind blows.  And then you watch blatant missed calls, like the false start the Chargers got away with, and you wonder about simple competence. 

Penalties are part of the game... Stupid penalties are not... Refs are human... They have biases... Teams like the Bills with a reputation for penalties do get a closer look from referees... It is up to McDermott, the coaching staff, the captains and the players to rid themselves of this self-defeating behavior... Carrots and sticks discipline and rewards... Purge the roster of those unable to play “stupid penalty” free football...

Edited by Believer

Have heard the same thing every week since 1973

people who whine about officials often start with “I have never complained before about the refs”

Which means they have whined every game they’ve watched