Is Brian Daboll a HC candidate in Green Bay?

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The NFC Championship is a championship and its ok that you dont hang a banner for it because there are 32 NFL clubs that do.  Maybe the Packers will consult with you first tho.

They hung a banner for a guy who actually won the Superbowl, and just fired him. Don’t think they care that Jim won a conference 5 years ago and nothing since. You referenced his other “appearance” as well in the conference championship game as some great feat, which is what I was actually referring to. Rex had 2 appearances too, he should be considered! They are a lot alike. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They hung a banner for a guy who actually won the Superbowl, and just fired him. Don’t think they care that Jim won a conference 5 years ago and nothing since. You referenced his other “appearance” as well in the conference championship game as some great feat, which is what I was actually referring to. Rex had 2 appearances too, he should be considered! They are a lot alike. 

Don’t consider Harbaugh!! He needs to stay at Michigan!!

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

McDaniels will be the next HC of the Patriots. The Packers should go after Marvin Lewis from Cincinnati. He always makes the playoffs with a middling QB in Andy Dalton. Give Marvin Lewis a top 5 QB in Rodgers and he will wipe the floor with the NFL.

My bet is McDaniels is the next hc in Cleveland..

1 hour ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

I would think Mcdaniels would be not considered after he handled his last non coaching hire leaving a team at the alter when he gave his word he would take the job?

Any OC worth his salt will have teams falling over themselves to be a hc.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

As far as McCarthy's Superbowl he had Rogers.  Rex lost the lockerroom and couldnt get the players he needed.  Most of the time coaches dont get enough time to build the team especialy when they are in a power struggle with the GM.

I hadnt thought about Rex as head coach in GB.  I wonder how he would do if he had a QB and was given time to aquire players that bought in.?

I don't think so with McDaniel & the other younger HC ing prospects that are out there not to mention Dabol is in his home town so it would have to be one heck of a offer to get him up there but he would be use to the cold & the snow ...

....sure sounds like ex-Fin HC Philbin is being pretty assertive as interim HC (cough).....should be a big difference maker..........

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer 8:59 AM ET

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Two days after he was named interim head coach, Joe Philbin fired a longtime member of the Packers coaching staff.

Associate head coach Winston Moss, who also coached outside linebackers, was let go on Tuesday. The decision was Philbin's

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Roman was the best OC this team has had in a while.  Talk about a scapegoat.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/RomaGr0.htm

He wasn't without his faults.  Too many formations, too many plays, it always seemed like the plays were getting in super late which leads to penalties.  And before you blame Tyrod, he had that problem with Alex Smith and CK in SF.  

Dabolls units have had penalties in pre-snap but they seem to have mostly cleaned that up.  The O-line has been brutal with penalties recently though.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:40 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Just saw this tweet and it looks like Vegas thinks he’s a candidate?

Thoughts???

Surprised  John H isn’t higher on the list. Could be a fit?

McD didn’t want luck, would he want Rodgers? I think he’s staying put to inherit the Pats anyway. 

I’m good with whatever aside from Dabol(need some OC stability). As from that It’s IceBowls call

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And completely clueless when it comes to the passing game and route combinations.

Yeah it's amazing to me that he can have such an advanced vision of the run game and no feel for the passing game..........it's hard to understand.