Is Brian Daboll a HC candidate in Green Bay?

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just saw this tweet and it looks like Vegas thinks he’s a candidate?

Thoughts???

I want Daboll to stay as our OC. That is mostly due to wanting some continuity instead of the constant churning of coaches and systems. In reality, what would be his appeal for any HC job at this point? I just don't see what on his resume makes him such an appealing candidate. Right now he is in a good situation where he is working with a young and talented qb and expectedly an upgraded offensive unit. Rodgers is a HOF qb and a qb with his own thoughts on running an offense. Is he going to be as receptive to Daboll's coaching as Allen would be? Daboll coaching the Packers is a long shot bet that I wouldn't waste ann leftover bitcoins to bet on. 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I want Daboll to stay as our OC. That is mostly due to wanting some continuity instead of the constant churning of coaches and systems. In reality, what would be his appeal for any HC job at this point? I just don't see what on his resume makes him such an appealing candidate. Right now he is in a good situation where he is working with a young and talented qb and expectedly an upgraded offensive unit. Rodgers is a HOF qb and a qb with his own thoughts on running an offense. Is he going to be as receptive to Daboll's coaching as Allen would be? Daboll coaching the Packers is a long shot bet that I wouldn't waste ann leftover bitcoins to bet on. 

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense to me but it isn’t that much of a long shot. He’s tied for the 3rd choice. Someone knows something...

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You have got to STOP LISTENING to Dunkirk Don.  ?

I just follow the money. 3 months ago Urban Meyer was less than even money to be gone after this season. That was before anyone started talking about it. It sounded crazy at the time. Vegas is always right.

I will never trust Dunkirk Don again after I bought up all of that real estate near Batavia!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Local rumors that McDaniels and Kingsbury are interested in teaming up and taking the GB job. Josh’s agent has been on a bit of a media binge the past few weeks so I don’t know how serious this one is. Kingsbury was rumored to be taking the USC OC job and now that he hasn’t I guess this has some legs for now. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The smart move for Daboll is to stay put for a few years.  Until he is fully schooled into the Andy Reid way.  "The Process"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha there is no way the lesser accomplished Harbaugh is leaving Michigan now... 

He is lesser accomplished with his 2 NFC Championship games and SB appearance.  With Alex Smith and Kaperchit as his QBs.  I wonder what he could do with Rodgers.  Although there may not be enough room in a stadium for two egos that big.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just follow the money. 3 months ago Urban Meyer was less than even money to be gone after this season. That was before anyone started talking about it. It sounded crazy at the time. Vegas is always right.

I will never trust Dunkirk Don again after I bought up all of that real estate near Batavia!! 

I tried to tell you guys so you could get in on that action.   

But yeah.........I can definitely see Daboll in Green Bay...........they aren't likely to hire a name coach or a young one...........needs to be somebody that knows how to work with a difficult personality at superstar QB and Daboll lived the Brady experience.    Been trained by Belichick and Saban.   Small town guy without evidence of a neck.  He's as good a candidate as any for that Green Bay job.

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He is lesser accomplished with his 2 NFC Championship games and SB appearance.  With Alex Smith and Kaperchit as his QBs.  I wonder what he could do with Rodgers.  Although there may not be enough room in a stadium for two egos that big.

Don't mind yoyo he's having a rough day...........he knew about his past but he never thought Urban would do OHIO STATE like that.?

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But yeah.........I can definitely see Daboll in Green Bay...........they aren't likely to hire a name coach or a young one...........needs to be somebody that knows how to work with a difficult personality at superstar QB and Daboll lived the Brady experience.    Been trained by Belichick and Saban.   Small town guy without evidence of a neck.  He's as good a candidate as any for that Green Bay job.

He was the TEs coach I believe.  Not a QB coach or OC in New England.  So I don't know how closely the TE coach works with the QB.

His experience with Saban may very well give him the pedigree to lose at the NFL level.

Working with BB for any period of time will help you though I believe.  As much as I hate the Pats,  please dont send hate mail for this but I really like me some Belicheat.

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't mind yoyo he's having a rough day...........he knew about his past but he never thought Urban would do OHIO STATE like that.?

Urban and Saban are douche bags the likes of Marrone.  But i guess another way of looking at it is that they have to do what they feel is right for their families and careers.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

38 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I don’t hang banners for appearances. He’s never won anything but the excuse bowl. He was the only offensive coach besides Jim Bollman (!) this year to not figure out how to beat Greg Schiano - that’s really quite an a accomplishment. He will never leave now, but it can’t be comforting knowing that Ryan Day just turned the best part of his team completely inside out and he’s not going anywhere. I’m not sure how much ego he even has left at this point tbh.

Well good for him if he has the opportunity but I sense he is finally getting the pulse of the roster AND adjusting to it just fine.

BTW I loved his face plant flop at the end of the game! Ric Flair would have been proud. It showed real passion for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t hang banners for appearances. He’s never won anything but the excuse bowl. He was the only offensive coach besides Jim Bollman (!) this year to not figure out how to beat Greg Schiano - that’s really quite an a accomplishment. He will never leave now, but it can’t be comforting knowing that Ryan Day just turned the best part of his team completely inside out and he’s not going anywhere. I’m not sure how much ego he even has left at this point tbh.

The NFC Championship is a championship and its ok that you dont hang a banner for it because there are 32 NFL clubs that do.  Maybe the Packers will consult with you first tho.