Is Brian Daboll a HC candidate in Green Bay?

Interesting that he's higher than Josh McDaniels.  What inside info do they have?

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol why would the Packers hire a guy who's team is in the bottom 5  in the league in his specialty? 

Between Daboll and Taylor (and technically Fitz, Shaw, and Jim), it may be because they're looking for a guy who's recently worked with young QBs...?

This surprises me. It never crossed my mind that he could be considered a HC candidate coming off of this season. The best thing that ever happened to him is that he worked for Belichick and Saban. I wonder if he will be a candidate elsewhere? Could it be the Mark Murphy WNY connection? 

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Interesting that he's higher than Josh McDaniels.  What inside info do they have?

Between Daboll and Taylor (and technically Fitz, Shaw, and Jim), it may be because they're looking for a guy who's recently worked with young QBs...?

Um, betting odds aren't my thing... but if McDaniels is +600 while Daboll is +1000, doesn't that mean McDaniels is considered to have greater probability of becoming HC there?

eg if you bet $100 on McDaniels becoming HC and he does, you win $600+your bet.  If you bet $100 on Daboll, you win $1000+your bet, because Vegas considers Daboll less likely (but considers McDaniels pretty unlikely, also)

And after the fool he made of the Colts, it would be a brave GM or CEO who would reach out to McDaniels.

Green Bay just signed Rodgers to a 4 yr contract with almost $100M guaranteed.  They would carry $60M in dead cap next year if they moved on from him, $34 in 2020.

The ability of the OC to work with a young QB is not likely to be a deciding factor in GB's choice of HC.

The ability of the HC and OC to work with Aaron Rodgers, is.

• Like (+1) 2