Do Bills fans have a napoleon complex?

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

How? This guy is 7 games into his career and over never seen so much hate. It's even worse than it was with EJ. Yet Losman got the benefit of the doubt as was very well liked. Fitz was here for many years. I could go on. 

Tyrod and Fitz weren't criticized too much?  That is a lie.

Fans on this board do not react well to criticism of Josh Allen. 

Look at all the vitriol toward Charles Clay.  You would have thought Allen delivered a strike right between the numbers instead of a duck that was 10 yards short of the target.

There are too many on this board that are planted on the extreme side of arguments, one way or the other, regarding Allen.  I prefer to stay in the gray.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

That is categorically false. Like a lot of posters here, they will give credit for good plays and criticism for bad ones. You only hear the criticism because you can't fathom that Allen isn't perfect.

Also, oh my god are you delusional. Tyrod was probably criticized more than any fanbase has ever criticized a quarterback. I'd wager that a fair amount of people who put 100% of the blame on Clay for that last play also put 100% of the blame on Tyrod for the last play against Carolina last year.

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 1

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

Maybe it's time for some Bills fans to look in the mirror.

Plenty of people here absolutely despised Tyrod too, how soon you forget.

• Like (+1) 2

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

Maybe it's time for some Bills fans to look in the mirror.

Well, a big strong QB without a brain like Drew deserved all the abuse he got. Josh Allen is the anti-Drew.

I don’t believe Bills fans in general have anything in common that could be called a Napoleon complex. They do exhibit a strong rooting interest in the underdog, to an extreme degree at times. Buffalonians are allergic to phoniness and skeptical of anything glitzy, trendy or from the “ big time” cities. This bleeds into their football preferences as well. The old saying about the backup QB being the most popular guy in town rings doubly true in Buffalo. While Josh Allen is from nowhere, California and played for a smaller football conference he still was a top ten draft pick. He’d be a superhero in Buffalo by now if he was a third rounder. 

38 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the fanbase wants a hard-nosed D and a gold-plated RB

...a solid run game takes a tremendous amount of pressure off the offense.......with it, Allen's run ability becomes yet another dynamic but not the sole one, something that requires respect........

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that the Napoleon Complex comes from the size of our QBs. It is just that general insecurity that comes with being a WNYer. We don’t like to hear that it’s always snowing or there’s nothing to do there or the food isn’t good, etc... People from WNY defend all things WNY. We take great pride in things that are ours. That’s why we always like the underdogs like Fred Jackson more than the blue-chips like Marshawn Lynch. We relate to the underdog way more than the superstar.

That was MUCH better than me just asking him if he was buzzed.....

It’s not size, it’s the lack of success and frustration. 

What?  If Allen had Cam Newton’s resume out of college, I’d be all in.  Sorry, hard to be all in on a 56% passer from the MWC right away.

allen is certainly showing flashes but so do a lot of guys.  Hopefully with better players around him, he will be a more consistent player next year.

• Like (+1) 1

I think people have this all or nothing complex.  I can say I think Allen is great and has tons of potential to be great for the next 15 years 100 times but if I say I thought the pass he threw at the end of the game was a little short people lose their minds.  They treat it like if you don't worship the ground he walks on then you think he's a bust.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Literally the worst take in the history of this board.  You should be banned and deported. 

PLEASE tell me where it's good, because I went to both Charlie the Butcher's and Schwabl's in the past few weeks and it was embarrassing. Trying to show off a WNY special to my tagalongs and it was humiliating.