Do Bills fans have a napoleon complex?

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

Maybe it's time for some Bills fans to look in the mirror.

• Like (+1) 1

who is still around now?

certainly not bandwagoniers

so a lot are here just to complaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplain

nice to have a good feeling about the future for a change

• Like (+1) 5

Well Fitz Tyrod and Flutie were better then RJ, JP, and EJ no? I mean they replaced them, played more games and all that.

Otherwise I don't really know. All those guys came in as vets as opposed to JP, EJ, and Allen so they probably started quicker as well.. you know what nvm no we don't have a Napoleon complex lol, that makes absolutely no sense.

We have a being burned by bad GFs (quarterbacks) complex.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I don’t think that the Napoleon Complex comes from the size of our QBs. It is just that general insecurity that comes with being a WNYer. We don’t like to hear that it’s always snowing or there’s nothing to do there or the food isn’t good, etc... People from WNY defend all things WNY. We take great pride in things that are ours. That’s why we always like the underdogs like Fred Jackson more than the blue-chips like Marshawn Lynch. We relate to the underdog way more than the superstar.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

Maybe it's time for some Bills fans to look in the mirror.

Some of it may be a Napolean complex but a lot of it is "I need to show that I am smarter than the teacher."  Also, some have never distinguished critical thinking from being negative exclusively.  Viva le France!

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that the Napoleon Complex comes from the size of our QBs. It is just that general insecurity that comes with being a WNYer. We don’t like to hear that it’s always snowing or there’s nothing to do there or the food isn’t good, etc... People from WNY defend all things WNY. We take great pride in things that are ours. That’s why we always like the underdogs like Fred Jackson more than the blue-chips like Marshawn Lynch. We relate to the underdog way more than the superstar.

I don't disagree with that assessment of the fanbase at large.

However, give me the blue chippers any day of the week. Underdog stories are great, but at the end of the day, talent reigns supreme.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't disagree with that assessment of the fanbase at large.

However, give me the blue chippers any day of the week. Underdog stories are great, but at the end of the day, talent reigns supreme.

I am with you on that. Josh Allen will be an interesting test case because he’s kind of both. He was a small school guy that ended up as a top 10 pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Well Fitz Tyrod and Flutie were better then RJ, JP, and EJ no? I mean they replaced them, played more games and all that.

Otherwise I don't really know. All those guys came in as vets as opposed to JP, EJ, and Allen so they probably started quicker as well.. you know what nvm no we don't have a Napoleon complex lol, that makes absolutely no sense.

We have a being burned by bad GFs (quarterbacks) complex.

..in year 56 of following this club, I'm hopin' this regime can finally put to bed two burning, yearning questions before I head off to Hell's Kitchen.....

1. How can the QB position, THE most important position on the damn field be perennially and woefully neglected since the Kelly era? Is that even reasonable?

2. How can the TE position, THE 2nd most important position on the damn field be perennially and woefully neglected since perhaps Pete? Is that even reasonable? Should we assume that Gates, Gonzo, Gronk, etc were nothing but ruses? TE's smoking our sorry azz in the seam were an aberration?

....senior moment overblowing positional importance or did I miss the memo?............

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am with you on that. Josh Allen will be an interesting test case because he’s kind of both. He was a small school guy that ended up as a top 10 pick. 

Yeah. Uber talented, yet sort of overlooked coming in from a small town and college. Sort of a strange dynamic really. You expect a guy like that to have played at the highest NCAA level.

Definitely a combo of both.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..in year 56 of following this club, I'm hopin' this regime can finally put to bed two burning, yearning questions before I head off to Hell's Kitchen.....

1. How can the QB position, THE most important position on the damn field be perennially and woefully neglected since the Kelly era? Is that even reasonable?

2. How can the TE position, THE 2nd most important position on the damn field be perennially and woefully neglected since perhaps Pete? Is that even reasonable? Should we assume that Gates, Gonzo, Gronk, etc were nothing but ruses? TE's smoking our sorry azz in the seam were an aberration?

....senior moment overblowing positional importance or did I miss the memo?............

the fanbase wants a hard-nosed D and a gold-plated RB

People are overly critical of Josh Allen because:

1.  Many people didn't like him as a prospect, hated the pick and were very vocal about it.  If he succeeds, they will be wrong.  Which is very tough for some people to admit.

2.  Almost two decades of failure have much of the fanbase skeptical and pessimistic about anything involving this franchise.  They are afraid to let themselves get excited that he might be good, out of fear of being disappointed.

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

People are overly critical of Josh Allen because:

1.  Many people didn't like him as a prospect, hated the pick and were very vocal about it.  If he succeeds, they will be wrong.  Which is very tough for some people to admit.

2.  Almost two decades of failure have much of the fanbase skeptical and pessimistic about anything involving this franchise.  They are afraid to let themselves get excited that he might be good, out of fear of being disappointed.

they can suck it

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is a blatant lie.

How? This guy is 7 games into his career and over never seen so much hate. It's even worse than it was with EJ. Yet Losman got the benefit of the doubt as was very well liked. Fitz was here for many years. I could go on. 

Just now, BuffaloBud420 said:

Edited by BuffaloBud420