Kiko - stunk as spy on Allen

Spiderweb

My wife watched the game with me and she commented about how his jersey seemed to be missing the sleeves and wasn't long enough to cover his midriff.  It reminded her of this.

rocky3+beach.jpga5bb51ac-6a21-4167-82d0-4677f3f9b010-USA

Edited by Peace Frog

5 hours ago, butch rolle said:

I hope that this doesn't get fixed anytime soon but check out the "early years" section of Kiko's Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiko_Alonso

Pure gold!

Early years[edit]

Alonso was born in Newton, Massachusetts. His father, Josh Allen, was born in Firebaugh CA.[1] His mother, Monica Alonso, is from Colombia. Kiko has an older brother Carlos Alonso and a younger brother Lucas. Kiko attended Los Gatos High School in Los Gatos, California. 

On 12/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, Spiderweb said:

Anyone else feeling like barfing everytime Kiko posed after a play? I was very happy to watch Allen make him look like a tool on his scrambles, including even pushing Kiko away like swatting a fly on one of them. Don't miss ya Alonso...

Kiko played OK, but he simply wasn't fast enough to catch Allen as a spy.

Which is weird because Kiko's strength has been quickness. Allen really does seem to play faster than he ever timed.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a much better player than Kiko but if I was playing Allen, I would just have my d line do safe rushes to keep in the pocket.  This is where Allen needs to take the next step and best people with his arm.  It’s what Tyrod couldn’t do regularly.

Yup, this is the best guess as to what he'll see next and the steps he has to take.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:40 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a much better player than Kiko but if I was playing Allen, I would just have my d line do safe rushes to keep in the pocket.  This is where Allen needs to take the next step and best people with his arm.  It’s what Tyrod couldn’t do regularly.

Have not come back to this thread for a while, but was just thinking that teams have to start realizing that most linebackers are going to lose in that "spy" role with Josh.

Starting today I assume that we are going to see more safeties and bigger nickle corners getting the role - should mean that much more of the middle of the field will be open on passing plays and if we actually had an o-line that could get to the second level, teams would be more vulnerable to draw plays and other runs.

Josh's ability to run is a thing now that teams will be forced to address.

Edited by WideNine