Josh Allen: QB for PFF's Team of the Week - Micah Hyde Also Makes It

10 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

so many of  his throws yesterday were impressive. that laser to jones on that out where he planted his feet sideline was money and an NFL throw that's hard to make. Talk about accurate. The kid is impressing me and I think he's our guy and getting better.

That throw was very impressive because it was on the sidelien and he was rolling left. The reason he has so much room to run is because defenses have to respect his arm and throwing ability. If he couldnt make deep throws then DBs would peel off of WRs when they get too far down field.

I think if he can stay int he pocket a little more often we will be very formidable.

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NFL Week 13 Plays of the Week | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

BannerAllen-768x96.png

Another week, another big-time throw from rookie quarterback Josh Allen.

Here he zips the ball over the middle before receiver Zay Jones takes it in for a score.

GIF_Allen.gif

Fantastic throw. Drops back, hangs in the pocket, goes through his reads, sets his feet, doesn't let the pressure affect him, zips it 28 yards straight to him on a rope, walk-in TD. Can't ask for better, really. Cannot wait to see this kid with better OL play and more offensive playmakers.

• Like (+1) 4

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Josh Allen: QB for PFF's Team of the Week - Micah Hyde Also Makes It

QUARTERBACK

Josh AllenBuffalo Bills – 90.8 overall grade
As a passer, Allen was up and down in Week 13. He made some special throws, he made some poor throws. He had two touchdowns on throws 20-plus yards downfield, but went just 3-for-12 on those, and had two interceptions too. He really impressed as a runner though, picking up seven first downs, forcing two missed tackles, and seeing six of his rushing attempts go for 10+ yards.

defenseTOTW-768x432.png

SAFETY

Micah HydeBuffalo Bills – 92.3 overall grade
Hyde made a big impact for the Bills despite their loss to the Dolphins, coming away with an interception and two defensive stops. So far in 2018, Hyde is on track for the second highest graded season of his career, with this week proving to be his best performance of the season so far.

20 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He left three TD's on the table. The Robert Foster overthrow, the Zay Jones misfire and the Clay drop but what a showing. 

Yeah, the throw to Foster was one of those, "D'AWWW maaaannnn!" kinda plays. On the misfire to Zay, I think James Lofton did a decent job of explaining why the pass ended up behind Zay. Lofton said that Allen may have been expecting Zay to stop and sit right in that spot since the 'Phins were in a zone look, but, again as Lofton said, Zay probably saw nothing but space in front of him and may have thought he had a defender trailing him so he kept trucking right through the zone. It happens. 

And you can't ask for much better on the throw to Clay, not in that situation anyway. JA evades pressure from both sides, ends up way back by the 50 yard line but comes back up another 5-10 yards and launches one 50 yards downfield to his right as he's running to his left. Clay just dropped it. I remember a game against Houston in, I believe in 2015 where Taylor hit Clay wide open down the seam for a TD and in the post-game, Clay said the wide open catches are harder for him for some reason. I think the mind plays into it, like, "Holy crap, I'm wide open, here comes the ball, don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it!" *plop* "SON OF A!" I don't know if he slipped, tripped or what but him coming back to the ball looked awkward as hell. The throw got there and hit him in an area where he could've made the catch and that's all that matters. Coulda been the hero of the day but them's the breaks sometimes.

Either way, with each game I keep seeing more progress from JA. He's been able to shake off the slow starts and get rolling. He also looks a lot more patient and willing to hang in the pocket for as long as he can. And his game speed is outrageous, it doesn't look like he's going that fast but then you see him beat linebackers to the sticks routinely, it's crazy. Not just your standard LBs, either, guys like Kiko and Anthony Barr up in Minnesota are known as athletes for that position, sideline to sideline types and he's clowned both of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Being unable to get past the bitter from yesterday’s game has prevented me from appreciating the sweet ;)

When Allen got hurt against Houston the collective hope  among us was mostly the same:

the only thing we wanted to see out of the rest of this season was growth from josh Allen.

and so far I’ve seen a lot of growth in two consecutive games, enough growth to take me from being certain the guy is going to bust to feeling like we were right to take him (although I still think Rosen will be special too).

So even if we missed out on a nearly historic ending (in an ultimately meaningless game) we are getting what we asked for out of this season down the stretch and that is pretty cool

He was 2 plays away from 350 and 4 TDs.  First, the play to Clay everyone saw and talked about.  The top offenses have players that routinely make the type of plays.  Half of Mahomes TDs are guys making the play on the other end.  Secondly, the bomb to Foster.  I thought Allen threw a bad ball too much on it.  If you watch Foster drifts toward the center of the field.  If he runs that route straight he catches it and walks in. 

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

He was 2 plays away from 350 and 4 TDs.  First, the play to Clay everyone saw and talked about.  The top offenses have players that routinely make the type of plays.  Half of Mahomes TDs are guys making the play on the other end.  Secondly, the bomb to Foster.  I thought Allen threw a bad ball too much on it.  If you watch Foster drifts toward the center of the field.  If he runs that route straight he catches it and walks in. 

No!  Foster ran an excellent route!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NFL Week 13 Plays of the Week | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

BannerAllen-768x96.png

Another week, another big-time throw from rookie quarterback Josh Allen.

Here he zips the ball over the middle before receiver Zay Jones takes it in for a score.

GIF_Allen.gif

I didn't even realize til now.  He doesn't even step into that throw...It's basically flat footed.  Holy crap!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Will those weeks also come with endless posts by TaskersGhost about how Allen didn't throw for 6 TDs ?

Lol only 6 tds? Bro Allen is going to be throwing atleast 7 per game and running in two himself.

Just now, Magox said:

I didn't even realize til now.  He doesn't even step into that throw...It's basically flat footed.  Holy crap!

Hes going to be John Elway but better. 

Hes going to be the new GOAT, and soon.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen was very exciting yesterday but how was he better than Rivers putting up 300+ and 2tds on a 7-3 team? PFF is kinda silly. 

PFF includes QB runs in their grading. Allen actually had more total yards than Rivers, and he didn't have the benefit of LBs covering Keenan Allen.