Josh Allen: QB for PFF's Team of the Week - Micah Hyde Also Makes It

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We are throwing a party for Allen for doing that and others tell me CK is trash for doing the same thing.  

Good god man, judging by your responses in this thread and others I need to ask -- are you feeling ok?  It's as if you're angry our rookie QB is making progress.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:34 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen was very exciting yesterday but how was he better than Rivers putting up 300+ and 2tds on a 7-3 team? PFF is kinda silly. 

Simple.  You said it yourself hes on a 7-3 team with lots of weaons and a good Oline.  What does Allen have to work with.

Allen got the higher grade on individual performance.  The team lost and Im sure Allen would trade that for a W.

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We are throwing a party for Allen for doing that and others tell me CK is trash for doing the same thing.  

Nope Kapis trash because he stopped working, I guess the guy decided he had arrived.

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Good god man, judging by your responses in this thread and others I need to ask -- are you feeling ok?  It's as if you're angry our rookie QB is making progress.

Theres a few of them.  Its more important for them to be right.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 12/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, Magox said:

The more I really look at this throw the more amazed I am.   The guard is being bullrushed right into Allen, he has no room to step into the throw and basically throws a flat footed throw 30 yards in the air on a rope and accurately.   Only a hand full of players in this league could make that throw.

he had a few throws since last week that is just world class, elite level throwing, that a handful or less can make...what is so encouraging and why i expect him to get even better is his eye manipulation, his insanely calm poise in the pocket surrounded by chaos and the trust he has in his ability... i think it was the other Zay TD where he was rolling LEFT and delivered another perfect laser like it was nothing, to the right side of the field... other qbs simply don't have the size and strength to be able to make these type of throws....this kid has blown me away the last 2 weeks, man he can be special

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 9:50 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Once the ball hits your hands, youre 100% responsible.

its 100% his fault. 

I'm guessing it was a quarterback who originally coined that phrase.

There are tons of balls that hit a receivers hands that are uncatchable. The one to Clay was not great but was catchable.

The notion that if a pass touches the receivers hands, then it should be a reception, is asinine.

7 hours ago, eball said:

Haha. I’m far from angry my man.  I’m just trying to remained balanced.  I think Allen has shown some excitement the last couple weeks.  But:

1). The Fins were one of the worst defenses in the nfl

2). Rivers was much better against a much better opponent in a much more important game.  If Allen has Rivers game, we would riot if he wasn’t the QB of the week

3). Pff gave Rodgers a negative rating after a 5 td game.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/pff-aaron-rodgers-negative-grade-packers-chiefs-mnf-092915%3famp=true

:)   Allen is showing some good signs (still want more consistency and less reliance on his legs) but PFF is one of the last places I’d go to verify it.

8 hours ago, eball said:

The irony is that he used to be the biggest homer of the board and as soon as we got a coach who took us to the playoffs and FO that dumped the lousy attitude flashy underperforming players he went all scrooge on the Bill's.  

On 12/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

NFL Week 13 Plays of the Week | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

BannerAllen-768x96.png

Another week, another big-time throw from rookie quarterback Josh Allen.

Here he zips the ball over the middle before receiver Zay Jones takes it in for a score.

GIF_Allen.gif

Any reasonably objective analysis of the play should also include the language, "stood tall in a collapsing pocket to deliver the 30-yard, tight-window touchdown throw." 

Read that five times fast. Not because it's difficult, but because it's awesome.

These are throws not seen from a Buffalo QB since Bledsoe's first year after the trade with the Pats***.

I suppose I understand skeptical fans who want to pump the brakes -- well, actually, no I don't -- this schitt is awesome.  If you can't get on the train and enjoy the rapid development of Josh Allen, get ready to be run over.

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Any reasonably objective analysis of the play should also include the language, "stood tall in a collapsing pocket to deliver the 30-yard, tight-window touchdown throw." 

Read that five times fast. Not because it's difficult, but because it's awesome.

That's exactly what you want to see in a franchise QB.