Josh Allen: QB for PFF's Team of the Week - Micah Hyde Also Makes It

QUARTERBACK

Josh AllenBuffalo Bills – 90.8 overall grade
As a passer, Allen was up and down in Week 13. He made some special throws, he made some poor throws. He had two touchdowns on throws 20-plus yards downfield, but went just 3-for-12 on those, and had two interceptions too. He really impressed as a runner though, picking up seven first downs, forcing two missed tackles, and seeing six of his rushing attempts go for 10+ yards.

defenseTOTW-768x432.png

SAFETY

Micah HydeBuffalo Bills – 92.3 overall grade
Hyde made a big impact for the Bills despite their loss to the Dolphins, coming away with an interception and two defensive stops. So far in 2018, Hyde is on track for the second highest graded season of his career, with this week proving to be his best performance of the season so far.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Both TDs to Zay are big-time NFL throws, especially the second because he hangs in the pocket, looks in multiple directions and fires a laser right to the spot with defenders in the area. He can make any throw on the field from almost anywhere in the field. You can see him getting more comfortable with the game every week. He is still a raw and needs to develop a touch on some passes but man it is a completely different sport compared to watching Tyrod.

I was his #1 hater in the draft but he has really turned me around. When he has the ball it is must see TV.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, jletha said:

Both TDs to Zay are big-time NFL throws, especially the second because he hangs in the pocket, looks in multiple directions and fires a laser right to the spot with defenders in the area. He can make any throw on the field from almost anywhere in the field. You can see him getting more comfortable with the game every week. He is still a raw and needs to develop a touch on some passes but man it is a completely different sport compared to watching Tyrod.

I was his #1 hater in the draft but he has really turned me around. When he has the ball it is must see TV.

Agree with this, I hated the idea of another "project QB," i wanted the NFL ready type for once. But man, 7 games in and Allen doesnt look like much of a project at all! I'm not saying he cant and shouldnt improve, he isnt perfect... but I went from having a crush on Allen after Jags came... to being full on smitten/in love with him after this Dolphins game

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

But but but.... BUT... his last throw wobbled! - per a bunch of (for some reason) salty Allen haters

:lol:  Making the team based on their grading system has nothing to do with the quality of his final pass.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, jletha said:

so many of  his throws yesterday were impressive. that laser to jones on that out where he planted his feet sideline was money and an NFL throw that's hard to make. Talk about accurate. The kid is impressing me and I think he's our guy and getting better.

10 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Agree with this, I hated the idea of another "project QB," i wanted the NFL ready type for once. But man, 7 games in and Allen doesnt look like much of a project at all! I'm not saying he cant and shouldnt improve, he isnt perfect... but I went from having a crush on Allen after Jags came... to being full on smitten/in love with him after this Dolphins game

The Jags came? Wow  I missed that one!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Another good one. :lol: We have some real doozies these days!

I love what you do compiling all the articles and videos for us here, but you have been VERY critical of Allen in multiple threads now on this one throw. Despite he put the entire offense on his back all game. I dont care if Allen throws the football and it turns into a frisbee, a rotisserie chicken or a live cat that hasn't been declawed halfway to the receiver. If you are a veteran top 8 paid TE in the entire NFL, you catch that damn ball when it hits you in two hands and you didnt even fully extend your damn arms... OR you SHOULD BE aware enough on a scramble drill with a QB working backwards to COME FORWARD, and not sit 8 yards deep in end zone for some strange reason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He left three TD's on the table. The Robert Foster overthrow, the Zay Jones misfire and the Clay drop but what a showing. 

He was the best and most dynamic player on the field yesterday even with those missed plays. 

• Like (+1) 5