In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

Just now, steven50 said:

I think they disdain is for football. They both positively glow when talking about hockey even when the sabres suck. The problem is they are both Hockey guys and don't seem to know much about any other sport.

Schoop is more a tennis and card collecting aficionado.

4 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

I live in NC ... got so tired of WGR/Radio.com app ... now I listen to Podcast the Joe B and Matthew Fairburn ... Sal Speaks ... etc  ... more than enough for my afternoon rides

What is Sal Speaks?

Sorry .. its Sal Maiorana from Rodchester D&C .. called Bills BreakDown on App .. but other labels as Sal Speaks .. also Cover 1 Buffalo is not bad 

Just now, WideRightRevenge said:

Sorry .. its Sal Maiorana from Rodchester D&C .. called Bills BreakDown on App .. but other labels as Sal Speaks .. also Cover 1 Buffalo is not bad 

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

What is Sal Speaks?

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So that makes sense. You generally like homers. Sal and Murph fall into that category. 

You don’t like Schopp, and I’d guess Jeremy White, because they actively challenge the Bills and Sabres decisions and logic. 

I have no idea who Cynthia Frelund is. 

Sal is generally a homer. He doesn’t fit with fans who criticize the team. 

Generally he swoops in to defend the Bills. 

Dickerson was a loud mouth, but part of his schtick pulled you in because the debate was spirited. 

I don't think a lot of posters here understand that Murphy and Tasker are paid by the Buffalo Bills and represent them in a positive light (for the most part) for that reason.

You have to love someone who dislikes an independent voice exercising critical thought and prefers a propaganda driven show.

I think a lot of fans associate themselves with the team and confuse the two identities. They project themselves onto anything team related and therefore, take personal offense when the team is criticized. 

These people need to work on developing their own identity a bit more IMO.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't think a lot of posters here understand that Murphy and Tasker are paid by the Buffalo Bills and represent them in a positive light (for the most part) for that reason.

You have to love someone who dislikes an independent voice exercising critical thought and prefers a propaganda driven show.

I think a lot of fans associate themselves with the team and confuse the two identities. They project themselves onto anything team related and therefore, take personal offense when the team is criticized. 

These people need to work on developing their own identity a bit more IMO.

Unfortunately the world is not black and white (as much as we try to make it sometimes I wonder if we truly have higher intelligence.)

You can take criticism and negativity too far to the point where you ARE just acting like a douche and I think Schopp has become increasingly jaded. He doesnt know how to be positive he has trained himself over many disappointing seasons to always see the negative.

What the city needs is McDermott to take the Bills on a run. That is one way to shut em up;)

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So that makes sense. You generally like homers. Sal and Murph fall into that category. 

You don’t like Schopp, and I’d guess Jeremy White, because they actively challenge the Bills and Sabres decisions and logic. 

I have no idea who Cynthia Frelund is. 

Sal is generally a homer. He doesn’t fit with fans who criticize the team. 

Generally he swoops in to defend the Bills. 

Dickerson was a loud mouth, but part of his schtick pulled you in because the debate was spirited. 

There’s a difference between criticizing a bad play or a bad coaching decision, and actively rooting for the Bills to lose - which is what Scoop does, just like Dickerson did.

BTW, this is Cynthia Frelund...

https://heightline.com/cynthia-frelund-wiki-feet-age-bio-married-husband/

Edited by The Senator

I like when Mike Schopp says things like - “what are we trying to figure out here” and then lays out inconsistencies in the Bills approach, or trends he sees in the league. He questions what the Bills saw in Allen or why teams punt so much. 

It’s the ideas that him and White drive. 

You dont get ideas from Parker or Simon. They wake up, go to work and recap what happened the night before. 

I used to like Colin Cowherd because of his original ideas. Now over the years he’s narrowed his topics to LeBron, the Cowboys or Brady, but I’ll always take that discussion over Mike and Mike which simply summarizes the night before in sports. 

I have to agree when I tuned in at 3pm yesterday 

to listen to the show it sounded like a funeral. The bad part is Schoop has rubbed off on Bulldog and it’s changed him. I will not listen anymore to that show at 3pm. I just can’t bring my self to do it. I love the Bills but not enough to subject myself to abuse and sports talk malpractice. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

My problem with Schopp is he is extremely arrogant and he is a novice when it comes to football knowledge.  His remark on that one national radio show "Allen was pretty much lousy at Wyoming" says it all.  He admittedly didn't watch Allen at Wyoming and just parrots the accuracy comments he has heard other people say which means he is lazy also.  He is lazy about his approach to the job and talks with the arrogance of someone who is filled with knowledge and is at the top of his field. 

If you are someone who thinks Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming" then your opinion is worthless.  People who have actually done the research and watched the games know despite the completion percentage stat, Allen carried that team for two years and took them to heights that they couldn't get to before and will likely not see again.  If Schopp were in a field other than talk radio, he would have been fired long ago.  The one good thing he does is he pisses people off with his ignorance which is good for ratings I suppose.  That is why he still has a job.  Almost anywhere else lazy and arrogant gets you fired pretty quickly.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

On 12/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, thebandit27 said:

Name one WTF play that he made yesterday.

My guess is that you didn't watch the game.

Easy....the play when he over threw Foster when he had the DB beat by 3yds......stop acting like everything he did was the greatest.....I like him too, seems to be getting better but Bills fans, always gotta go way to far with things.

7 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Easy....the play when he over threw Foster when he had the DB beat by 3yds......stop acting like everything he did was the greatest.....I like him too, seems to be getting better but Bills fans, always gotta go way to far with things.

But it was a 60 to 70 yard throw...overthrown by a half yard.  Most QBs probably miss that.  

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some fans want negative. It's a catharsis.

I think that's true but I think for me I like when hosts will question things, or to try to be as honest & direct as possible without going too far either way as a homer or basher, but just call things as they are.

So I don't find Schopp to be overly negative, but I do like that he will take something and look at it from a few different views and walk through the logic of various scenarios. I think he is pretty thoughtful and fun and real and honest, I think that is what he is basically going for and I think he does it well. He is very positive & gets excited when it is warranted, but he doesn't necessarily always side with the team on every decision they make. Schopp is wrong as much as anyone and he has had plenty of bad predictions and takes, but for the most part, I like Schopp for Bills and Jeremy and Instigators for Sabres. Sometimes I'll listen to a bit of John & Steve but I find them to be pretty boring and dull, it was more interesting when Donald Jones was the sidekick. I like both John and Steve separately and even them together, but feel like the show needs a voice in there to challenge them sometimes or provide a different perspective, besides the callers. 

On 12/3/2018 at 2:30 PM, fridge said:

This is not a WGR message board, and yet every week people create threads in here as if we all tune in.  I don't mind Schopp or Parker, or any of the on-air talent in Buffalo.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about two sports teams for 20 hours a week?

I don't really listen that often, and if they're going in a direction I don't care for, I turn it off.  Is that so hard to do? If I disagree with someone I don't think they're an idiot for that reason alone.

I wish I could be like you , but 

I freakin HATE him and his lapdog 

10 hours ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Slow your roll their partner 

He rushed the throw to Foster on the boundary and it sailed. Hardly a WTF moment, but like you said, as a Bills' fan, you had to go way too (not "to") far with it.

Sort of like you're going way too far in assuming that I rubber stamp everything the kid does; maybe instead of firing that bullet it would make sense to see if that's true first?

He's got a lot to work on, yes...but a WTF moment is the INT he threw across his body into the EZ in GB that cost the team points; not rushing a boundary throw.

So like I said: slow your roll.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

My problem with Schopp is he is extremely arrogant and he is a novice when it comes to football knowledge.  His remark on that one national radio show "Allen was pretty much lousy at Wyoming" says it all.  He admittedly didn't watch Allen at Wyoming and just parrots the accuracy comments he has heard other people say which means he is lazy also.  He is lazy about his approach to the job and talks with the arrogance of someone who is filled with knowledge and is at the top of his field. 

If you are someone who thinks Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming" then your opinion is worthless.  People who have actually done the research and watched the games know despite the completion percentage stat, Allen carried that team for two years and took them to heights that they couldn't get to before and will likely not see again.  If Schopp were in a field other than talk radio, he would have been fired long ago.  The one good thing he does is he pisses people off with his ignorance which is good for ratings I suppose.  That is why he still has a job.  Almost anywhere else lazy and arrogant gets you fired pretty quickly.

Callers in Buffalo said after the Jets game - we need to make sure that Matt Barkley isn't the answer, we can put Josh Allen on hold. 

Two weeks later, Schopp has people calling in saying Josh Allen is "highly probable" to be top-end QB. That we've found our guy.