In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Please guys... Just stop listening and he'll go away. Keep listening and he gets to stay. It's that simple.

WGR has a monopoly on the Buffalo market, people listen regardless, you can never drum up enough support for this cause. 

27 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Two, I believe.  I don't want to come off as being insensitive to things but his propping up of Tyrod Taylor was embarrassing.  Now he's championing Jackson.  Just makes you have to ask if he's talking from his brain or his heart.

Neither, he generally talks from his butthole

• Like (+1) 1

Complaining about Schopp and Sullivan every year is ridiculous. It  makes Buffalo appear to be a small market town with an inferiority complex.  I'm in Minnesota a mid market where the Vikings get savaged daily. Being a homer in the broadcast world is not necessarily a good thing. Buffalo's sports media is way above average. Enjoy the season.

• Like (+1) 1

So many Bills fans are so hurt by guys like Schopp and Jerry Sullivan. 

Schopp actually challenges the logic the Bills use to build their teams. 

If you want pom pom's, just go to Murphy, Tasker or Sal. They will come up with every excuse they can to support the Bills direction. 

Schopp and White are easily the most inventive and entertaining hosts on that station. No different than Tony Rizzo in Cleveland, or Mo Eger in Cincinnati. They're in the drive home slot for a reason.

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

Buffalo's sports media is way above average.

:lol:

Minnesota radio must be horrible, then.

Philly radio, surprisingly, is actually quite good. I like some of the guys like Shander, Micinelli (I think that's how it's spelled) and formerly Eskin.

its a hard listen but for Bills and Sabres nutz is a one station town. It's unreal but there they are

Howard- possible the  dumbest sports talk show host and i use the term "generously" a complete boob

Jeremy- loves to hear himself talk, must not have kids. Sal takes calls/questions Jeremy answers them- not asking you they are asking Sal

Bulldog- seems like a nice guy, true Buffalo is Robin to douche bags Batman. When he host by himself or with Sal totally different guy

Schopp- not sure how he stays around, mr inteliigent and your hosting a radio show- whoa slow down Einstein

Geary- one of  the two guys who know a little football the other being Sal.

It's in a way shocking how little the know about the game and never bring on an ex player, coach, scout to break it down for us. That would  take air time from Jeremy and we can't have that. If you ever listen to a sports talk show from another city you will get it. They suck - but if not you get comfortable like sitting on a broken down couch but it's all you know

I completrly stopped listening to wgr the day after the draft. That arrogant ‘bag Schopp was screaming at people he was so mad  they took Allen. I basically said F off; my life is great - sorry yours sucks Schopp. Don’t miss him at all, Bulldog is probably a cool guy, but he’s like an abused spouse....

seriously - listen to music or podcasts instead of this prick....you’ll find out quickly how much better things are.

FYI - someone sent me this link, which is why I responded 

• Like (+1) 1

My drive time to work is less than 10 minutes. And I work from home as well so I on the occasion that I listen, I am usually annoyed with it all, turn XM on and don't tune in again for a while. I have up TBN years ago. Haven't missed it because you can't miss something you didn't like. Like a break-up, you're actually happier and better off afterward! But I did get in the car around 11:50 today and got the worst dose from WGR and that is Sal "Everything is about ME' Capaccio, who is literally the worst jock sniffer every to be put on the radio. This guy is horribly untenable. Today it started with a commercial, which I guess was a "live" commercial for some product or service for pain and he was telling about playing flag football... I was literally laughing with visions of Uncle Rico in my head. Nothing says living in your teens and dreaming about what could have been more than flag football. Jesus how pathetic. Slow pitch softball is a close second. Neither even closely represent the actual sports they seek to emulate. Anyway, right after that he has some dumb piece called "Yeah Buddy" or "Hey buddy" and his buddy of the day was.... you guess it, his kid. So literally he started it by talking about this date five years ago when he had his wife in the studio with him, which I was thinking, typical, he can find a way to turn any segment into a Capaccio family story. But then when he said it was his kid's bday, I threw some Dead on XM and got in a better place!

What annoys me to no end about this guy is his constant need to interject his kid into his "reporting" or himself into it. He can't go a segment without talking in some way that interjects himself into the "story." Next time he's on, listen closely to how many times he uses "I" in his reporting. "When I was in the lockerrom..." "When I walked out onto the field" "From where I was standing." And he'll answer a question when guesting on a show with something completely off base about himself or his kid before answering the question... "You know it's funny I took Max to .... But yeah Josh Allen did some good things yesterday."

I don't think he's providing any value added, and that's honestly my feeling. So because I think he sucks in that manner, he just annoys the hell out of me. 

I'l take Schopp's high and mighty all day over this guy's incessant desire to try to talk about himself. 

The beauty is, I only listen less than an hour a week!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I only listen to those Palooka's after the Bills game while waiting to hear the post game interviews with players and McD.

Yesterday Bulldog put the blame on Allen for throwing on "bad pass" on our last offensive play of the game.  He said "that is what you get from Allen".  Bulldog was upset because the ball was a not a tight spiral, claims that Allen should have set up better to throw a more accurate pass.   The scramble and the athletic skills required to even make the throw mean nothing because the pass was wobbly.  then he complained because his Twitter was blowing up from fans upset with his opinion. 

Are these guys the best that Buffalo WGR radio has to offer?  They are terrible. 

My belief is that they each let themselves believe a little bit in Allen yesterday...and it didn't pay off at the very end.  Almost seems like they were extra bitter because they were snake bitten for caring again.

Dooshes.

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

How can they be reasonable positions if they are wrong?

There is not one person that ever played football for any length of time that thinks culture and momentum are not factors in every game.

I mean, I think he is wrong.  But people disagree.  He gets to have his opinion.  I wont even fault him for it. 

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

At least the Buffalo News did something right by letting go of Sullivan.  Now it's time for WGR to step up to the plate and replace MS.

I agree.

I don' t buy the argument that if you don't like it, don't listen, and eventually that's fed back to station management via ratings. Nor is it realistic to boycott sponsors simply because a WGR host is an insufferable douche. I listen to Schopp and Bulldog very rarely now - just to see if their producer has gotten them to change their approach. I tuned in last evening to one minute of the show, which happened to be the minute where Bulldog was venting about getting roasted on Twitter for blaming Allen for the bad pass. I heard enough. WGR reads these posts - as do Schopp and the Bulldog as well, I'm sure. Expressing our displeasure here about their intellectually-dishonest show and Schopp's often rude and hostile treatment of listeners - is warranted, and hopefully brings about a change at WGR.

• Like (+1) 1

I tune in to WGR's website on occasion to listen to portions of a Bills game or Sabres game. But I stopped listening to Schopp and his knob-polisher Bulldog a year ago or so. They only offer opinions, not insights. Working in Washington DC for the past 35 years, I've had to endure more than my share of "the smartest man in the room." I don't need to listen to another self-important jackass on my time. 

• Like (+1) 1