Jump to content
Joe in Winslow

In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

Recommended Posts

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

 

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

  • Like 11
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please guys... Just stop listening and he'll go away. Keep listening and he gets to stay. It's that simple.

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying Lamar Jackson is a better passer than Josh Allen at this stage of their career is as dumb as saying Josh Allen is a better passer than Lamar Jackson at this stage of their career.

Edited by peace out
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar is a better passer than JA? What a complete joke!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

 

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

Wow you let his opinion stir you up that much.. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Wow you let his opinion stir you up that much.. ?

 

I'll admit, living in the Philadelphia area I suffer from sports-radio envy. You listen to the guys on the fanatic or WIP, and you get really excellent insight. You listen to WGR? You get Mike Schopp.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

Please guys... Just stop listening and he'll go away. Keep listening and he gets to stay. It's that simple.

Unfortunately there is no other sports radio in town. So uiubeituer listen or you don’t. He’ll alwats have a job here unless he does something stupid. 

 

Amd before you go off on me and try and argue, I generally don’t listen to wgr anymore. I’ll tune in occasionally but the minute they get off topic or start talking about fruit drafts and whatever else they talk about, I change the channel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving that guy attention is not the move. If you don't like Schopp, best thing is to not talk about him and don't listen to his show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is why I don't listen to WGR anymore.  Well, him and Jeremy.  I've never really told anyone that is why, never complained to the station, anything like that.  There isn't really anything that can be done.  But, I can not listen and refuse to give them my business.  It gives me that little bit of comfort.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson has a higher passer rating? I don't know that I agree with the statement, but it's certainly not an outrageous one.

 

JA showed me a ton yesterday. This is the first time I've felt like the kid has a chance.

 

But facts are facts. They both have a great deal of work to do.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrags said:

Unfortunately there is no other sports radio in town. So uiubeituer listen or you don’t. He’ll alwats have a job here unless he does something stupid. 

 

Amd before you go off on me and try and argue, I generally don’t listen to wgr anymore. I’ll tune in occasionally but the minute they get off topic or start talking about fruit drafts and whatever else they talk about, I change the channel. 

No way would I go off on you. I am just stating the obvious. Ratings are all that matter in radio. If few people listen, then they make changes. Alternately, listen to SiriusXM NFL channel. Or, even ESPN radio (has to be on somewhere in WNY, right?) Just stop listening to those particular idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a WGR message board, and yet every week people create threads in here as if we all tune in.  I don't mind Schopp or Parker, or any of the on-air talent in Buffalo.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about two sports teams for 20 hours a week?

 

I don't really listen that often, and if they're going in a direction I don't care for, I turn it off.  Is that so hard to do? If I disagree with someone I don't think they're an idiot for that reason alone.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

This is an awesome thread title!

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fridge said:

This is not a WGR message board, and yet every week people create threads in here as if we all tune in.  I don't mind Schopp or Parker, or any of the on-air talent in Buffalo.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about two sports teams for 20 hours a week?

 

I don't really listen that often, and if they're going in a direction I don't care for, I turn it off.  Is that so hard to do? If I disagree with someone I don't think they're an idiot for that reason alone.

 

It's not a matter of difference of opinion, it's a matter of a body of work of years worth of being an insufferable douche. The wrong opinion is the cherry on top of the crap sundae.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh. He isnt wrong. So far he is what wss expected. Makes some wow plays a nf so me wtf plays

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

 

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

I get the feeling they aim to piss people off to get attention. I've never really listened to it but yesterday people were pissed on here about their postgame so I checked it out. I was confused at first because it seemed like they had a pretty even take on the last play but then later on one of them commented on how people were upset on twitter about the blame he spread to Allen on that play. After that they got more critical on him and seemed like they were trying to antagonize people about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Eh. He isnt wrong. So far he is what wss expected. Makes some wow plays a nf so me wtf plays

 

Name one WTF play that he made yesterday.

 

My guess is that you didn't watch the game.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Name one WTF play that he made yesterday.

 

My guess is that you didn't watch the game.

The pick on the slant was a wtf play. That wa totally predetermined.

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

The pick on the slant was a wtf play. That wa totally predetermined.

 

The only WTF thing about that play was throwing in the direction of Kelvin Benjamin, who flat-out refuses to finish a route.

 

If that's the most WTF thing you can say about the kid, then he's well on his way.  Personally, I think that's a massive reach.

 

A WTF play is the interception he threw into the endzone in GB in week 4--one that gave away points.  Expecting your "No. 1 WR" to finish a route without letting the corner undercut you is called playing football in the NFL.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear, its not about right and wrong.  Its about how condescending and self-righteous he is.  For example, I don't mind that he is an analytics advocate, hating concepts like culture or momentum.  Those are perfectly reasonable positions.  What I hate is that he thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with him is "obviously" wrong or a fool.   

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all realize that radio and TV talk show personalities are paid to say things that’ll get you talking...right? Apparently he’s good at his job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mercifully I live in Rochester so I only listen to Schopp during post game on WCMF (I mean could still listen to him in other ways but I don't hate myself enough to do that).  I honestly believe that a) he really is not that big of a fan of the Bills and b) he genuinely hates his job.  The utter disdain and contempt that he seems to have with seemingly EVERY caller is insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×