In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

The only reason this clown is on the air is because it's Buffalo. 

He would be shamed off the air in bigger cities like NY, Boston, Chicago etc for trying to pull crap like movie draft, toy draft, cereal draft, come on this guy is so full of himself he IMO doesn't take the job he has seriously, that alone should get him his pink slip. 

Can't stand his laughable arrogance. Say what you want about the other guys on GR but at least they talk about sports, this guy, WTF half the time. 

He is an intellectual goof, trying to lord his mental acumen over callers.  Some of his comment are incoherent and not cogent, but he revels in the fact his lap dog (oops bulldog) is there shaking his head in agreement.  

I called in the pre-season concerned that NP starting was due to McD wanting to prove that he was right about NP and the media and fans were wrong.  Schoop couldn't comprehend the basis for that argument.  What it exemplifies is if one questions his train of logic you are dismissed and debate is not part of his repertoire.

Sure don't anoint Allen yet, but acknowledge the game he played Sunday.  

Edited by Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He is an intellectual goof, trying to lord his mental acumen over callers.  Some of his comment are incoherent and not cogent, but he revels in the fact his lap dog (oops bulldog) is there shaking his head in agreement.  

I called in the pre-season concerned that NP starting was due to McD wanting to prove that he was right about NP and the media and fans were wrong.  Schoop couldn't comprehend the basis for that argument.  What it exemplifies is if one questions his train of logic you are dismissed and debate is not part of his repertoire.

Wait....I hate Shoop,  but he was right. This is bsolutely absurd. In what world would an NFL coach start a guy just to prove he was right. That is some crazy conspiracy theory stuff right there.

39 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wait....I hate Shoop,  but he was right. This is bsolutely absurd. In what world would an NFL coach start a guy just to prove he was right. That is some crazy conspiracy theory stuff right there.

Oops meant to add that this could stunt Allen's progression in the first year.  This was the whole notion that you have a veteran presence to help groom the #7 pick, not a QB you are hoping will be starter in the future (as McD I was convinced though of NP).

Sure tell me I'm wrong and debate that NP was only a stop gap or short-term solution, and he wasn't being shoved down our throats.  Schoop missed the point being made, which is often the case when it doesn't meet his narrative.  

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oops meant to add that this could stunt Allen's progression in the first year.  This was the whole notion that you have a veteran presence to help groom the #7 pick, not a QB you are hoping will be starter in the future (as McD I was convinced though of NP).

Sure tell me I'm wrong and debate that NP was only a stop gap or short-term solution, and he wasn't being shoved down our throats.  Schoop missed the point being made, which is often the case when it doesn't meet his narrative.  

I guess that isn't as bad.  I don't think McD was convinced NP was a starter.  i do think he wanted him to be a long term back up, thus needing reps just like any other QB.  I also don't think he did it just to prove he was right.  It looked to me like he did it because NP won the QB competition before the season. 

But now I am way off track--I co-sign everything you are saying about Schoop.  That sounds exactly right. He will misinterpret an argument to fit it into a straw man narrative he creates to prove himself right. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

I’ve always thought their show would be better if they had more guests(and a greater variety), and less callers.  Not just the same crap....Sal, Hamilton, Clayton, fantasy football guy, etc...

Of course this would  require more effort effort on their part to prepare for interviews....

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

Sports media is filled with stupid opinions. In fact, it’s part of the schtick- to get people fired up and calling in and taking about it. 

I generally dont like Schoop more for his thinly veiled social justice takes than his sports takes. But sometimes he’s not bad to listen to. 

On 12/7/2018 at 11:14 AM, LabattBlue said:

I’ve always thought their show would be better if they had more guests(and a greater variety), and less callers.  Not just the same crap....Sal, Hamilton, Clayton, fantasy football guy, etc...

Of course this would  require more effort effort on their part to prepare for interviews....

That afternoon show was funny and creative when Greg Bauch was the producer.  Once he left, a large part of the 'enjoyment' factor fell off.  Since then, I wonder how 'hands on' both hosts are about preparing for the guest interviews, and the subject matter to be covered.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, Jaywrizzo said:

Easy....the play when he over threw Foster when he had the DB beat by 3yds......stop acting like everything he did was the greatest.....I like him too, seems to be getting better but Bills fans, always gotta go way to far with things.

A low percentage deep bomb that's on-trajectory and over or under thrown slightly is not a "WTF?" play.  The reason deep bombs are low percentage plays for all QB is because they involve adjustment on the part of both QB and WR, and a big dollop of luck.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That afternoon show was funny and creative when Greg Bauch was the producer.  Once he left, a large part of the 'enjoyment' factor fell off.  Since then, I wonder how 'hands on' both hosts are about preparing for the guest interviews, and the subject matter to be covered.

I think both Mike and Chris are coasting. When you are at a job, unchallenged for a long, long time, lethargy sets in.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A low percentage deep bomb that's on-trajectory and over or under thrown slightly is not a "WTF?" play.  The reason deep bombs are low percentage plays for all QB is because they involve adjustment on the part of both QB and WR, and a big dollop of 

Wrong...but if that makes you feel better about it...hey go with that....I've heard it all....bombs are just luck! Don't worry...let you tell it, he had no WTF plays this week neither.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Disagree.

I listen to him all the time and have done so for years; if a caller demonstrates that he/she is intelligent and making an interesting point, Schopp will give them plenty of time to talk, make their point, and he usually even compliments them on a nice call.   And he doesn't only do it when he is in agreement with the caller.

I think a lot of folks here don't like him b/c he does come across as arrogant and he straight up treats stupid callers poorly, and most of his callers are stupid.  That just rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

• Like (+1) 2