In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

40 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

No way would I go off on you. I am just stating the obvious. Ratings are all that matter in radio. If few people listen, then they make changes. Alternately, listen to SiriusXM NFL channel. Or, even ESPN radio (has to be on somewhere in WNY, right?) Just stop listening to those particular idiots.

I think espn radio is blocked by local guys. Same station. 

8 minutes ago, theRalph said:

The TITLE is so very inspired. I just turned them off.

Bulldog, one can tell, so very much wants to tell Schopp how really full of ***** he is. But he won't. He should just smack him once...it'd do them both worlds of good.

Josh Allen is money. Anyone can see it. Shopp hates this. What can one expect from this new-age analytics twit that doesn't believe in culture. 

I was one of the people here talking people off the ledge after the Allen pick............I said he is the type of talent that could go #1 overall in many past drafts..........but he's no more "money" yet than JP Losman was money after that great game in Houston or Edwards was money after his fast start.

This isn't a league where there are 10 good QB's and 22 bad ones anymore...........the rules have made it easier and now the bar is pretty high to be special now.

I love his chances and the journey is the reward so looking forward to it..........but he's no lock to be great yet.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This is personal for him.  He thinks there's an unfair disadvantage against black QB's.  

This is not an attempt to get listeners by saying something outrageous.  He believes it.    

Yes. Because he has adopted a black child. So he knows all about racism and unfairness. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This is personal for him.  He thinks there's an unfair disadvantage against black QB's.  

This is not an attempt to get listeners by saying something outrageous.  He believes it.    

Yes, he also adopted 2 black children, is a self promoting Mensa member and never played a team sport in his life, it's easy to see what he is about.  

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Jackson has a higher passer rating? I don't know that I agree with the statement, but it's certainly not an outrageous one.

JA showed me a ton yesterday. This is the first time I've felt like the kid has a chance.

But facts are facts. They both have a great deal of work to do.

In the last 3 games which they both started Josh has the higher passer rating. 

51 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

Josh is a better runner ?

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In the last 3 games which they both started Josh has the higher passer rating. 

Yet overall Jackson has a higher passer rating, which is why it's not OUTRAGEOUS to opine that Jackson is a better passer at this point.

If you need to break it down to a 3 game period, it's probably not some wild comment.

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great throw, but if you look at when he released the ball versus when Howard breaks on it, I think there's a reasonable expectation that Benjamin would actually break on it as well.  Instead he just jogs out the string in typical I-don't-give-a-crap fashion.

It surely could've been a pick anyway, but maybe if the guy would break on the ball and make some kind of effort to use his 6'5", 240 (plus?) frame to gain position on the ball he'd have--in the very least--made it a contested play.

I agree with this - the issue I have is that you have a slow wr running an inbreaking route.  Josh Allen's throw would be right on the money, but KB is so slow that it allows the CB to undercut the route.

There is no way that JA could have completed that pass to the WR because if you throw it far enough in front so the CB can’t get there - KB can’t get there.  

I would not classify it as a WTF throw by any stretch as you see QBs get routes undercut all the time.  A better or faster WR in that spot makes that undercut harder and gives JA more room to make the throw.

• Like (+1) 1

This weekend taught me an important. If you dislike Schopp and The Lapdog m, how about this.... don’t listen.  Unless I’m forced to, I won’t be listening to that horrible show.  Maybe if they have a guest but I can’t take his arrogance and how he talks down to callers.  I also can’t stand how the Lapdog is too scared to stand up to Mike and how he stutters and stammers when trying to talk

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Ok,  but as far as the pantheon of insidious douches, can they put Murph up there on Olympus?

He's a tough listen.

Murph can be a tough listen.  Mike just comes off like a douche bag

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yet overall Jackson has a higher passer rating, which is why it's not OUTRAGEOUS to opine that Jackson is a better passer at this point.

If you need to break it down to a 3 game period, it's probably not some wild comment.

I guess the point is if Lamar has started way earlier in the season his passer rating might be lower too as some his learning curve was off the books so to speak. 

Im not sure who thinks they can conclude anything at this point other than Schlopp is good at irking people that keep listening anyway. 

He’s a windbag that knows he’s paid to be a windbag. 

I only listen to those Palooka's after the Bills game while waiting to hear the post game interviews with players and McD.

Yesterday Bulldog put the blame on Allen for throwing on "bad pass" on our last offensive play of the game.  He said "that is what you get from Allen".  Bulldog was upset because the ball was a not a tight spiral, claims that Allen should have set up better to throw a more accurate pass.   The scramble and the athletic skills required to even make the throw mean nothing because the pass was wobbly.  then he complained because his Twitter was blowing up from fans upset with his opinion. 

Are these guys the best that Buffalo WGR radio has to offer?  They are terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I guess the point is if Lamar has started way earlier in the season his passer rating might be lower too as some his learning curve was off the books so to speak. 

Im not sure who thinks they can conclude anything at this point other than Schlopp is good at irking people that keep listening anyway. 

He’s a windbag that knows he’s paid to be a windbag. 

Right, and if you HATE him with a passion, you're probably going to listen.

For a radio personality, hate is just as good as love. Apathy is the enemy.

• Like (+1) 3

I guess some people aren't happy unless they're trying to find another grievance to get angry about. :lol:

All this bitterness...for someone expressing their opinion on a sports talk show? Time to refocus those energies.  Maybe go for a run or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

I guess some people aren't happy unless they're trying to find another grievance to get angry about. :lol:

All this bitterness...for someone expressing their opinion on a sports talk show? Time to refocus those energies.  Maybe go for a run or something. 

I'd do just that, if I wasn't stuck at a desk answering service calls for mere mortal insufferable douches.