In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

The pick on the slant was a wtf play. That wa totally predetermined.

The only WTF thing about that play was throwing in the direction of Kelvin Benjamin, who flat-out refuses to finish a route.

If that's the most WTF thing you can say about the kid, then he's well on his way.  Personally, I think that's a massive reach.

A WTF play is the interception he threw into the endzone in GB in week 4--one that gave away points.  Expecting your "No. 1 WR" to finish a route without letting the corner undercut you is called playing football in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

To be clear, its not about right and wrong.  Its about how condescending and self-righteous he is.  For example, I don't mind that he is an analytics advocate, hating concepts like culture or momentum.  Those are perfectly reasonable positions.  What I hate is that he thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with him is "obviously" wrong or a fool.   

• Thank you (+1) 2

Mercifully I live in Rochester so I only listen to Schopp during post game on WCMF (I mean could still listen to him in other ways but I don't hate myself enough to do that).  I honestly believe that a) he really is not that big of a fan of the Bills and b) he genuinely hates his job.  The utter disdain and contempt that he seems to have with seemingly EVERY caller is insane.

Was this really said verbatim?  If so, holy *****. That guy should be taken off the air. I live in Baltimore and am exposed to the team a lot. I’m not a fan of Allen’s accuracy, but he smokes Jackson

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He's a hack man.  First summer of LeBron they had a show about his impending free agency.  I called in and said look for him to team up with Bosh and Rose in Chicago, or Bosh and Wade in Miami.  He cut me off and mocked me about how stars don't want to play with other stars.  Total hack.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The only WTF thing about that play was throwing in the direction of Kelvin Benjamin, who flat-out refuses to finish a route.

If that's the most WTF thing you can say about the kid, then he's well on his way.  Personally, I think that's a massive reach.

A WTF play is the interception he threw into the endzone in GB in week 4--one that gave away points.  Expecting your "No. 1 WR" to finish a route without letting the corner undercut you is called playing football in the NFL.

I was debating this and it certainly looks like the fat slob gives up on the play and barely even pretends to pursue him after the INT but I stil think it was a bad pass, i thought the DB had inside leverage the entire way,  KB should have been there to at least compete for the ball/play defender.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was debating this and it certainly looks like the fat slob gives up on the play and barely even pretends to pursue him after the INT but I stil think it was a bad pass, KB should have been there to at least compete for the ball/play defender.

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great throw, but if you look at when he released the ball versus when Howard breaks on it, I think there's a reasonable expectation that Benjamin would actually break on it as well.  Instead he just jogs out the string in typical I-don't-give-a-crap fashion.

It surely could've been a pick anyway, but maybe if the guy would break on the ball and make some kind of effort to use his 6'5", 240 (plus?) frame to gain position on the ball he'd have--in the very least--made it a contested play.

The TITLE is so very inspired. I just turned them off.

Bulldog, one can tell, so very much wants to tell Schopp how really full of ***** he is. But he won't. He should just smack him once...it'd do them both worlds of good.

Josh Allen is money. Anyone can see it. Shopp hates this. What can one expect from this new-age analytics twit that doesn't believe in culture. 

7 minutes ago, QCity said:

Listening to Mike Schopp and then complaining about Mike Schopp is like bashing your hand with a hammer and then creating a thread here to tell us that it hurts.

PEBKAC.

He spends a ton of time on this site, much of it complaining about the other users of this site.  Not a surprise that he also listens to WGR and comes here to complain about the content.

• Haha (+1) 1

I stopped listening more than 10 years ago. They did way to many non-sports segments. I remember I would listen waiting for them to get through the mindleas chatter to get to the sports topic of the day only to realize the mindless chatter was the topic of the day. If I remember correctly they had segments about favorit maple syrup, Schopp’s wife’s tennis lessons and a guy in East Amherts with giant dredlocks.  I remember listening to a segment on Sirius where they were talking about the Bills and I honestly thought man wouldn’t it be great if we had a station where I could listen to Buffalo sports talk? I turned it off and I don’t miss it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I get the feeling they aim to piss people off to get attention. I've never really listened to it but yesterday people were pissed on here about their postgame so I checked it out. I was confused at first because it seemed like they had a pretty even take on the last play but then later on one of them commented on how people were upset on twitter about the blame he spread to Allen on that play. After that they got more critical on him and seemed like they were trying to antagonize people about it.

Schopp is just a skeptic......it's not an act......and he certainly has good reason to be...........this is one of the laughingstock organizations in north american pro sports for a reason.......decades of futility.

If you want homerism to make you feel better that's what John Murphy and whatever other team employee he is paired with provide.

Honestly I think they should have a frequent segment with a Jimmy Spags type to really whip the morons who call into the show into a frenzy and provide some perspective about what being negative about the team is like.?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He spends a ton of time on this site, much of it complaining about the other users of this site.  Not a surprise that he also listens to WGR and comes here to complain about the content.

I'm only trying to fight the rising tide of stupid. It's a noble, but hopeless cause.