In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Wow you let his opinion stir you up that much.. ?

I'll admit, living in the Philadelphia area I suffer from sports-radio envy. You listen to the guys on the fanatic or WIP, and you get really excellent insight. You listen to WGR? You get Mike Schopp.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

Please guys... Just stop listening and he'll go away. Keep listening and he gets to stay. It's that simple.

Unfortunately there is no other sports radio in town. So uiubeituer listen or you don’t. He’ll alwats have a job here unless he does something stupid. 

Amd before you go off on me and try and argue, I generally don’t listen to wgr anymore. I’ll tune in occasionally but the minute they get off topic or start talking about fruit drafts and whatever else they talk about, I change the channel. 

• Like (+1) 2

Jackson has a higher passer rating? I don't know that I agree with the statement, but it's certainly not an outrageous one.

JA showed me a ton yesterday. This is the first time I've felt like the kid has a chance.

But facts are facts. They both have a great deal of work to do.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Unfortunately there is no other sports radio in town. So uiubeituer listen or you don’t. He’ll alwats have a job here unless he does something stupid. 

Amd before you go off on me and try and argue, I generally don’t listen to wgr anymore. I’ll tune in occasionally but the minute they get off topic or start talking about fruit drafts and whatever else they talk about, I change the channel. 

No way would I go off on you. I am just stating the obvious. Ratings are all that matter in radio. If few people listen, then they make changes. Alternately, listen to SiriusXM NFL channel. Or, even ESPN radio (has to be on somewhere in WNY, right?) Just stop listening to those particular idiots.

This is not a WGR message board, and yet every week people create threads in here as if we all tune in.  I don't mind Schopp or Parker, or any of the on-air talent in Buffalo.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about two sports teams for 20 hours a week?

I don't really listen that often, and if they're going in a direction I don't care for, I turn it off.  Is that so hard to do? If I disagree with someone I don't think they're an idiot for that reason alone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, fridge said:

This is not a WGR message board, and yet every week people create threads in here as if we all tune in.  I don't mind Schopp or Parker, or any of the on-air talent in Buffalo.  Do you know how hard it is to talk about two sports teams for 20 hours a week?

I don't really listen that often, and if they're going in a direction I don't care for, I turn it off.  Is that so hard to do? If I disagree with someone I don't think they're an idiot for that reason alone.

It's not a matter of difference of opinion, it's a matter of a body of work of years worth of being an insufferable douche. The wrong opinion is the cherry on top of the crap sundae.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

I get the feeling they aim to piss people off to get attention. I've never really listened to it but yesterday people were pissed on here about their postgame so I checked it out. I was confused at first because it seemed like they had a pretty even take on the last play but then later on one of them commented on how people were upset on twitter about the blame he spread to Allen on that play. After that they got more critical on him and seemed like they were trying to antagonize people about it.