Is it still illegal to remove your helmet in the field of play?

GRHater69

I ask because after Charles Clay dropped (yes he dropped it) the pass at the goal line, Kiko Alonzo removes his helmet and starts celebrating. Watch the replays and you'll see it. I thought that was a 15 yard penalty. Granted this crap officiating crew wouldn't have the stones to make that call against the home team but that's being discussed in other topics.

2 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

I ask because after Charles Clay dropped (yes he dropped it) the pass at the goal line, Kiko Alonzo removes his helmet and starts celebrating. Watch the replays and you'll see it. I thought that was a 15 yard penalty. Granted this crap officiating crew wouldn't have the stones to make that call against the home team but that's being discussed in other topics.

Yes, it is

but on basically the last play of the game ?   Not really.

its 4th down on the 20?   Half the distance to the goal   meaningless 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes, it is

but on basically the last play of the game ?   Not really.

its 4th down on the 20?   Half the distance to the goal   meaningless 

? There was 54 seconds left in the game, and it was 4th 11... so we get a first down and 54 seconds on the clock... Not sure that is meaningless

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

? There was 54 seconds left in the game, and it was 4th 11... so we get a first down and 54 seconds on the clock... Not sure that is meaningless

that may be true.  But 2 kneel downs was all Miami needed to END the game. 

Plus who knows when the Refs will add a 10 second runoff.  

13 minutes ago, Jobot said:

it's after the play, so it would still have been miami ball.

it's all part of the conspiracy to ruin the Bills

the refs must have put grease on the ball before the play so butterfingers Clay couldn't catch it

36 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

It's after the play, we wouldn't be given the ball back regardless.

45 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Do you have a link for us?

Just now, Mark Vader said:

The 2 holding calls on Wyatt Teller were highly questionable.

I remember one was just terrible....I think it was one of Shady's runs that he had good pick up on.  I didn't see anything close a hold.

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes it is. ;)

d0735bc4-711f-46a1-a6bc-6cbc042d4d29-Get

Good...should have been offsetting penalties and replay the down.

I don't think they call it when theres a change of possession such as there were there. 

Let Kiko have his celebration. He obviously played a fantastic game and didn't get his a$$ handed to him on every drive. He worked so hard to earn this win. 

Edited by whatdrought

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

After the play.  Bills don’t get the ball back. Miami gets the ball and is set back by penalty.