Tell me where I'm wrong. JA, rookie deal

CuddyDark

When JA rookie deal is up he'll probably get 200M. If he continues to progress.

My plan would be to run the crap out of him like 49ers with Kaepernick or Panthers with Cam. Both of whom made the SB in their rookie deal. I would build an offense with smaller receivers, by smaller I don't mean short or tall, just runners, athletes. I wouldn't have one possession receiver on the roster. I'd get two pass catching TE, a power back and a 1st round or high priced C. I'd play for the SB in JA rookie deal and worry about his development as a pure passer later. Not that I wouldn't develop him just that I wouldn't make it my priority that he becomes Dan Marino.

Big running QB's are hard to stop. Eagles with Foles running RPO were actually a better team.

14 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

When JA rookie deal is up he'll probably get 200M. If he continues to progress.

My plan would be to run the crap out of him like 49ers with Kaepernick or Panthers with Cam. Both of whom made the SB in their rookie deal. I would build an offense with smaller receivers, by smaller I don't mean short or tall, just runners, athletes. I wouldn't have one possession receiver on the roster. I'd get two pass catching TE, a power back and a 1st round or high priced C. I'd play for the SB in JA rookie deal and worry about his development as a pure passer later. Not that I wouldn't develop him just that I wouldn't make it my priority that he becomes Dan Marino.

Big running QB's are hard to stop. Eagles with Foles running RPO were actually a better team.

I don't think so.

When Wentz was the starter for the Eagles last year, they average about 31 points a game on offense.  When Foles came in, they were roughly 24 ppg.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think so.

When Wentz was the starter for the Eagles last year, they average about 31 points a game on offense.  When Foles came in, they were roughly 24 ppg.

Ya Foles just got hot for a few games. (The right games) Wentz is by far the better QB.

There was article a couple months back written by someone who kind of supported this concept.  The questions is is Allen worth $200 mil or whatever the going rate at that time is.  Or is really a mid tier kind of guy who wants to be paid top $$  That's what this article kind of was about, unless the guy really is top level you're better off moving on, the alternative is too much $$ allotted to QB that's not justified.

But this would be a very nice problem to have!

The problem with your idea, seems to be that both of those QB's failed in the Superbowl. They lost. 

I don't want another SB loss- I want to win it. The best chance any team has at winning a Superbowl is to have a franchise QB and a thoroughly good team around him so that each year you're at least competing for a chance to go to the big dance.