McDermott or McCarthy?

Joeziehmer

5 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

We don’t hire those with actual Super Bowl rings passed on Cowher, Coughlin, and now McCarthy to go bottom dollar for Coaching.  With such a fan following passing on Coaching and critiquing winning Coaches it’s hard to imagine how hindsight has made you folks so bitter but it has happened.  

Are you drunk? Stoned? A recent immigrant? 

These are the only choices which give your horrible grammar a pass. If you’re sober, please don’t ever post again. My eyes & brain hurt from your posts.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

These are the only choices which give your horrible grammar a pass. If you’re sober, please don’t ever post again. My eyes & brain hurt from your posts.

Hey, I am drunk and I consider the implication that booze is to blame for the OP very offensive,  sir!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl in two years and Sean McKotite took a playoff caliber team to the studs.  Enough is enough of the process and so called give him a chance looking at the blow out losses against Lynn and Reich who the Pegula’s thought they knew better than it says a lot about delinquent ownership and terrible coaching deal with it.  

But he's still one of the lowest paid HC's.  So are Lynn and Reich.  So by your rationale, Bills shouldn't have hired them either.

46 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I think David Tepper (new owner of the Panthers) is going to try to get Beane and McDermott to come back to Carolina in the offseason.  I don't think he will be successful but I do think agent calls will be made.

He might try but there is no way McBeane could ever again sell "the process" if they bolt Buffalo.  

15 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I actually think McCarthy is an awful coach.  Terrible in fact.   Hes squandered having arguably the best QB of all time.  

Rodgers isn’t even close to being in the conversation IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wow so, disagreeing with “the process” gets me the tolerant Bills Mafia that’s awesome.  Which comes with mocking immigrants how amazingly xenophobic and a subtle tone of racism.   

9 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Wow so, disagreeing with “the process” gets me the tolerant Bills Mafia that’s awesome.  Which comes with mocking immigrants how amazingly xenophobic and a subtle tone of racism.   

No it's because the context of your arguments are terrible.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He couldn’t win with one of the best QBs of all time, let’s see what he does without him! giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c056ce86349583949

McCarthy if he gets another HC job, I think will be the next Jeff Fisher.

11 minutes ago, fridge said:

You really have try hard to find a coach I want less than McDermott, but congratulations OP, you've done it.

Chuck Pagano?

Dick Jauron?

Jeff Fisher?

Hue Jackson?

I didn't try that hard :nana:

Talk to any Packers fan and see what they think of McCarthy.  They have been pining for his firing for a couple of years now.  He routinely makes completely boneheaded decisions that cost his team.  No thanks.

Suggesting that McD should be moved on from is not logical. The troll must run deep in you.

Even in the most ludicrous hypothetical (which is what this is) I would easily take McDermott and it is not even close.  I equate it to the people here who were clamoring for Kirk Cousins. No thanks, I will take Allen and possibility. Every time. My biggest complaint with McD is clock management. Many young head coaches struggle with this. McCarthy is arguably worse and he is not a young head coach... Many years of experience now.

McCarthy inherited a good situation and progressively made it worse.  His offense was only good when he had enough players to scheme matchups. Devoid of these playmakers, he needs to scheme to get people open. Clearly he cannot do it.  We arguably have even less playmakers. We know who McCarthy is. We are still finding out who McDermott is. Based on the train wreck McDermott inherited, I would say he is doing a stellar job. I am content waiting to see if he can deliver the baby or not.

Edited by rm -rf /*
  • Like (+1) 1