McDermott or McCarthy?

Joeziehmer

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Gugny said:

This is a tad harsh, don't you think?

Yes, but I am joking.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

McCarthy has a Super Bowl ring and McDermott does not.  Along with juggling injuries and player suspensions.  For all of the this or that i would take a ring over the process (kaizen) which is seppuku to the laid out protocols now. 

Gruden is doing wonders in Oakland.  

Maybe we should hire Brian Billick?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

McCarthy has a Super Bowl ring and McDermott does not.  Along with juggling injuries and player suspensions.  For all of the this or that i would take a ring over the process (kaizen) which is seppuku to the laid out protocols now. 

Jeff Fisher came one play away from a Super Bowl ring. Do you want him?

Jon Gruden has a Super Bowl ring. Do you want him?

Saying that McCarthys ring somehow absolves him of the guilt of helping waste the career of one of most gifted QB’s to ever play is a definite joke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

McDermott is also in his 2nd year. Year 3 I expect playoffs, possibly even win the division. Our defense is good, we got a franchise QB and we got 90 million dollars and 10 draft picks to shape our offense. Allen seems to like Daboll's offense so that's all that matters. Allen was a Brady fan, I'm sure he's studied him profusely, now he has a coach who worked with him and he can play in the same offense. Mike McCarthy belongs in Cleveland, not Buffalo. Baker Mayfield and Mike McCarthy is a match made in heaven. Anyways, OBD is sitting pretty. Three weeks ago I would have agreed but we're coming along just fine now.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wonders what Gruden is doing in Oakland.  By adding an 's' and 'what', I've simplified it for simpletons such as myself.  Your original phrasing works well for those with an appreciation for subtlety and sarcasm.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We don’t hire those with actual Super Bowl rings passed on Cowher, Coughlin, and now McCarthy to go bottom dollar for Coaching.  With such a fan following passing on Coaching and critiquing winning Coaches it’s hard to imagine how hindsight has made you folks so bitter but it has happened.  

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Jeff Fisher came one play away from a Super Bowl ring. Do you want him?

Jon Gruden has a Super Bowl ring. Do you want him?

Saying that McCarthys ring somehow absolves him of the guilt of helping waste the career of one of most gifted QB’s to ever play is a definite joke.

Besides, what is McCarthy's record with versus without Rodgers in the lineup?

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

We don’t hire those with actual Super Bowl rings passed on Cowher, Coughlin, and now McCarthy to go bottom dollar for Coaching.  With such a fan following passing on Coaching and critiquing winning Coaches it’s hard to imagine how hindsight has made you folks so bitter but it has happened.  

What?

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What?

Look that one up the Pegula’s whiffed in interviews and pulled a full waffle of intellectualism in hiring Coaches.  Going for the bottom line again and bottom dollar sabermetrics it looks nice but it doesn’t win.  

9 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So you would take Mike McCarthy over Sean McVay because McCarthy won a Super Bowl 8 years ago?

Look that one up the Pegula’s whiffed in interviews and pulled a full waffle of intellectualism in hiring Coaches.  Going for the bottom line again and bottom dollar sabermetrics it looks nice but it doesn’t win.  

You made the claim, you back it up.  It's not our job to prove your point.

Doug Pederson is one of the lowest paid HC's in the NFL because he's on his first contract....just like McDermott, McVay etc....

Edited by Royale with Cheese

19 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

McCarthy did not get a ring because of coaching brilliance.  So why would we want him?

Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl in two years and Sean McKotite took a playoff caliber team to the studs.  Enough is enough of the process and so called give him a chance looking at the blow out losses against Lynn and Reich who the Pegula’s thought they knew better than it says a lot about delinquent ownership and terrible coaching deal with it.  

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

Bills have a more recent playoff appearance that the packers. They did it with one QB who is unemployed and another who is a backup in Cleveland. The Packers have Aaron Rodgers

McDermott would be hired very quickly if the Bills dumped him. McCarthy, I'm not so sure

Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl in two years and Sean McKotite took a playoff caliber team to the studs.  Enough is enough of the process and so called give him a chance looking at the blow out losses against Lynn and Reich who the Pegula’s thought they knew better than it says a lot about delinquent ownership and terrible coaching deal with it.  

First, try writing in English.  Second, McDermott isn't going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1