Very curious to see what Allen can do with protection.

Ramza86

Imagine if Allen started on Rams or Chiefs this next game.  Not saying he would be better today than the guys heading up those offenses currently, but I believe he would be putting up some big numbers too.  I’m talking about the Allen today whose been here last 2 weeks and grown since earlier in the season.  If he had those kinds of weapons around him this kid would also already be shocking people similar to how Mahomes exceeded expectations.  I mean he just accounted for almost 400 yards himself while playing with a bad OL who gets a flag every series, no run game outside himself, a slow #1 WR who doesn’t care, an overpaid TE who barely shows up, and other WRs still trying to develop and prove they belong.  

Im so excited to see him with better protection that also will help provide a run game around him outside just himself, and weapons that can both stretch the field and get consistent separation.  

I honestly expect to win the division next year as I have faith in McD and Beane will find the right pieces around him.  They have done well in 2 straight drafts and also have a ton of cap space. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

Who was saying our o-line was above average? I wonder if there are diminishing returns with a better line given Allen seems to perform the best after evading the rush and making plays on the move. Keep him in the pocket and his accuracy issues will be even more under the microscope.  

Edited by VW82

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Hes got the arm and the mobility to keep this offense moving. Very impressive. 

Still throwing some darts in the pocket, but he also does have his errors. 

He seems like hes at his best when the play breaks down. Wondering if he had a clean pocket would he be able to consistently make the right throw.

Anyways...I think the kid has greatness in him. Lets see if we can protect him and get him the talent he needs. 

I think he is Big Ben if he has time.   Plus, I like seeing Allen avoid big hits while still racking up the rushing yards the last two weeks. 

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Who was saying our o-line was above average? I wonder if there are diminishing returns with a better line given Allen seems to perform the best after evading the rush and making plays on the move. Keep him in the pocket and his accuracy issues will be even more under the microscope.  

Bottom line is he MUST improve when he has time and not need a play to break down to make things happen. IF he can get his 'in the pocket' completion percentage to mid 60's, combined with what he can already do outside the pocket, he will easily be a top 5 QB for years to come.

Right now Allen is dead last.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It seems like he could help himself a lot by making quicker decisions. Sometimes it's frustrating to see him not hit the check-down in time, but he can also rely on his running ability as a check-down substitute.

dude hates his check down reads... especially the flats, always progresses to the second immediately.

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

At what, exactly 

Overall completion percentage. A couple points behind Rosen. His percentage is actually sizable BETTER when under duress. Combine that with the run plays he makes when under duress, he is waaaaaay better when a play/the pocket breaks down then when things go as planned. 

41 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

How are you possibly measuring this? 

In a way nobody else in the universe is.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

He gets plenty of time.

He makes his own issues with protection. 

The O line is above average.

i've been watching the Bills since 1970. I feel very comfortable saying that this is possibly the worst O Line in the team history.

2 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Allen is the most pressured QB when in the pocket for 3 seconds or less, so no, the line is not above average. 

I do wonder how much of this is skewed by the number of snaps he's taken versus every other QB, and would like to see total pressures as a number instead of a percentage. But no argument that our OLine is deficient and needs much in the way of help.