What is Clay doing 8 yards deep in the end zone?

Geez give your QB a shot.  Actually 3 players were in the back, but when a qb is scrambling & not the last play of the game, you work your way back.  The ball was in the air 3 second & Clay was incapable of moving 7 yards to catch the ball (wide open).  

As an earlier poster said that was a 60 yard throw by Allen.

Sorry was not ready to read through the 10 pages on whether it was a drop or not.  A real receiver easily catches it as he is moving back to be part of the play.

BTW what were 3 Bills doing in the end zone on third & 11???   

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He threw it as far as he could.  Think about a receiver running running 80 yards downfield and waving his hands that he's open.....  That's exactly how stoopid I envision Clay....

Running to his left throwing back to the right after eluding pass rushers for 5 or 6 seconds. 

if they start making a point of finding WRs who adjust well to school yard ball and keep alive well, defenses are going to hate playing the Bills

• Like (+1) 5

The guy needs to be cut he should be all over the place trying to get open when his QB is scrambling & he just isn't that guy ! He is always hurt & i believe his effort is second rate !

The return the Bills have gotten on the contract they gave him well lets just say they got screwed & they would have been better off keeping O'Leary for the money & effort the guy gave he's a lot better person to have on the team !! Just saying !! 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

If that was Croom instead of Clay, then that ball would have been caught.

If that was a 6 year old Little Loop WR instead of Clay that ball would have been caught.  It was like a soft pop fly to center field, a complete lack of judgement and depth perception until it was too late. Clay is a POS.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

All of our TE's need to be released and replaced.

I've got no problem with Croom and Thomas as talented projects and backups.  Thomas is useful as an emergency /trick play QB too.

I do have a problem with them being the starters at this point in their careers.

Clay is obviously not very good and catching passes - this is hardly the first time he failed to complete a make-able play - he did it to TT a lot too. 

you need the primary and secondary targets to both be past the first down marker.  Use one sideline and also cross the middle.  Sending someone deep to clear the zone and pull a safety away is smart.  I think we had a lot of guys deep because the Allen's scramble was so long and the receivers kept going deeper ... which is the wrong thing to do

The check down guy was on the other side of the field and covered. 

Our players are just not very good and even the experienced ones are not very football smart. 

Winning Team looks like this  =>  Kelly had Reed, Lofton, Beebe, Tasker, McKeller, Metzellars, Rolle, Thurman, Davis, Mueller, and Garner.  An arsenal of diverse talents.  All of them could run, catch and block.  Most of them had great football smarts.  Three HoF players and one close to it. 

Losing  Team looks like this =>  Poor Josh Allen has Benjamin, Jones, Foster, McKinzie, Holmes, Clay, Croom, Logan Thomas, McCoy, Ivory, DiMarco, and some other RB that cant ever block or catch.   Underachievers, street free agents, a few aging players past their prime 

None of Allen's  weapons could make the team that Kelly had except for McCoy and maybe Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1