Is Shady done?

Hebert19

10 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

If we want to compete with the big boys, he will be cut.  RB's are a dime a dozen now and most teams look at it that way.  Patriots would cut him, Dallas would as well (ie Dez),  he should be thanked for his service and shown the door.

Don't disagree.

Which is why he should have been traded at the deadline.  Another mistake made by McBeane.

12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Now is the perfect time to move on. Ivory needs to go too. Also, why is Murphy never used? He seems like he could provide a boost, why is he on the bench? We need to evaluate him. Do we need two backs or three?

The lack of playing time for Murphy is just plain stupid.  Sean has to know McCoy & Ivory are not long term backs. Give Murph a few more touches for Gods sake. I would only keep Shady next year on a restructure and as a 3rd down back....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The lack of playing time for Murphy is just plain stupid.  Sean has to know McCoy & Ivory are not long term backs. Give Murph a few more touches for Gods sake. I would only keep Shady next year on a restructure and as a 3rd down back....

This is the part of football nobody likes. When you see a player of LeSean McCoy's caliber decline. Borderline HOF back. With that said RB is holding back Josh Allen. Under no capacity do I want McCoy or Ivory back. Give me three 5th round RBs and it's a vast upgrade over what we have. There's no juice left to squeeze.

In a perfect world McCoy would admit to himself that he's getting older and his ability to dance and cut back have declined a bit. Perhaps accept a reduced roll. I don't see his pride letting that happen.

Add in being a bit older, injuries adding up and (this is an assumption on my part) the potential for his off field issues to resurface...I believe it's time to get younger at the position. I wouldn't mind letting Ivory go as well. Move into next season with a rookie and a guy like Tevin Coleman. I'd be good with that.

21 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

As a top flight RB he's done. I understand why they didn't move him at the deadline but we really need to be looking at a replacement in the Draft.

And I'd like to introduce all of you to Darrell Henderson-RB Memphis 5'9 200. Please enjoy.

Greg McCrae (UCF) is probably the best RB in the AAC but only a sophomore.  He’s got burst and great vision.  

There are lots of good value backs that you can find in rounds 4-7.   The Bills just need to get one on the roster. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

This reminds me of the endless Freddy Jackson is done threads that haunted this board for years

Yes, you were right, he is now done

Fred ran tougher between the tackles. He was never that fast. 

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Greg McCrae (UCF) is probably the best RB in the AAC but only a sophomore.  He’s got burst and great vision.  

There are lots of good value backs that you can find in rounds 4-7.   The Bills just need to get one on the roster. 

I really like David Montgomery from Iowa State. Would be a great 3rd round pick and an instant fan favorite in Buffalo.

Early in the season, I thought the issues were more related to the O-Line and poor play at QB.

But as the year has gone on, I'm becoming more skeptical.

There are times that he's got a lane, and the acceleration just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

At 30 years old and 10 years in the NFL, we shouldn't really be surprised though.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, clearwater cadet said:

With this oline, a rookie Qb, no game changing WR.  defense that constantly keep 8 in the box, that just doesn't help is skill set.  they need a young north  / south runner who is willing to take some hits.

Of the 55 RBs that have at least 65 carries this year, McCoy ranks 38th in terms of highest percentage of runs with 8+ in the box, meaning that he's facing 8+ in the box less than most.

• 3 weeks later...