Is Shady done?

Hebert19

Ok.  I said it.  I think he may be done.  The burst is gone.  And since that concussion his desire to get a tough yard or 2 is gone. 

He and ivory look like what they are.  30 something running backs.  

I think he could still be a very good 3rd down back...or a 2 headed monster if we drafted a downhill bruiser in the draft....but his days as the feature back are over.  He either restructures in the offseason or I'd say hes going to be cut. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I wouldn't say he's done. He's still able to do some things but he's not close to what he was in his prime. What bothers me about him though is how easy he goes down. Sometimes he's barely touched and he falls down.

This is since concussion.   I swear he runs more scared now.  Wind blows him over.  

When it hits older RBs it hits quick.  Not sure he's absolutely done, but his dancing style just ain't working behind this young O line.  O line has to be the main priority this offseason; then we'll see next year if the old Shady comes back.  Best bet is he'll start to transition into a third down more spot player role. 

• Like (+1) 3

I watched Ivory get run down by a corner from the opposite side of the field. McCoy fall into a pile for a yard. And I thought to myself how nice it would be to have a running game to take some pressure off of Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

I think his issues this year are more related to the way they are using him and deficiencies in blocking rather than him  being older.  He still has the quick moves.   Having a different OC with a different run game approach changes things for a guy like McCoy.   I also think he needs to get back to more one cut and go.  At times in his career he dances and bounces things too much.

in any event, he may be gone after this year.....he has a 9 million dollar cap hit and a 2.6 million dead cap if they move one, so they can definitely choose to move on.    I am not sure we want to depend on him given his ex gf situaiton....he could be placed on the exempt list over that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, clearwater cadet said:

With this oline, a rookie Qb, no game changing WR.  defense that constantly keep 8 in the box, that just doesn't help is skill set.  they need a young north  / south runner who is willing to take some hits.

We need a receiver at RB. Someone who can add 1,000 yards to the passing game. Allen can run, he needs someone he can dump 1yd passes to for a 1st down. We are a passing team. No RBs unless they can catch please.

He represents a negative value at this point. 

Yeah the O-line isn't great, but he's essentially jump cut left, jump cut right, fall down behind the line of scrimmage.  There's a guy in every round of the draft next year who can bring that.

He's checked out...

• Like (+1) 1

The team is getting younger all the way around & in order to keep a team competitive & if it is a copy cat league just look at what one of the best coaches in the league does year after year in our division being Bellichek !

When a vet is still doing good he dumps them before they hit the wall which should have been done this yea or last when the Eagles came calling to see if Shady was available & i think even he would have been okay with going back to Philly !

But it didn't happen & it ain't happening now so all's McD can do is salvage what ever is left & either find a place for him with in the scheme or let him go to the highest bidder which could be cutting him !! 

Only time will tell but i think Bean & McD being the guy's they are will do what needs to be done for the betterment of the team !!