Miami Coverage---Allen is the QB Dolphins wish they had...wow!

Big Turk

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I was a little surprised by all the positive coverage of Allen after the game(which I thought was by far his best to date), but I have to say I was shocked that 2 Dolphin beat writers went out of their way to say Allen is basically the QB they wish they had.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222521360.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181202/lieser-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-is-qb-miami-dolphins-wish-they-had

Dolphin players were also very impressed and said they think he is going to be a really good player and were surprised at how poised he was for a rookie.

yay, but given I recall an article where they were all "Buffalo is ahead of us because, Fitzpatrick" I can't get too pleased.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'm still in shock over just how fast he is. Dude pulls away from LBs chasing him like they are stuck in quicksand. It almost mitigates the ability of a team to put a spy on him...they can spy him but he can simply still just outrun the player like he did a few times yesterday.

Pre-draft I honestly thought he would be closer to Aaron Rodgers as far as his running speed. Bringing him down is another big obstacle. Tyrod Taylor was more flashy with his runs, but Allen is more efficient and MUCH harder to bring down. I'm in shock too. Buffalo absolutely lucked out. 

I love these quotes in the article...

“We knew he could run,” Bobby McCain said. “We didn’t know it was going to be that excessive. He can really run, man. He’s got something over there.”

“I mean, Josh Allen, I feel like he’s going to be a good little quarterback in this division for a long time,” running back Kenyan Drake said. “He’s not sneaky athletic. He’s just athletic. He makes plays with his feet. I feel like the next time we play him in a couple weeks, they’ll make adjustments for us; we’ll make adjustments for them.”

• Like (+1) 1

I checked out a Fins message board late last night to see their take.  Most were underwhelmed by their win and named the MVP's of the game as two ex-Dolphins..  Clay and Phillips.

As for Josh Allen, two comments from their board posters stood out.  Most really were impressed by Allen and underwhelmed by  their team.

- "Josh Allen looks really, really good. I think the Bills are set for years. Tom Brady won't do that against us next week that's for sure"

- "On the evidence of the Jets/Bills games against us, the Jets picked the wrong guy.

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday left me more encouraged about Allen than I have ever been, up to this point. 

He really showed some thing that get you excited about his future potential. 

There is obviously still a long ways to go, but I really like the direction he seems to be headed in. 

Edit -btw, thanks for sharing those articles OP. I enjoyed reading them both. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

I know Bill fans are gun shy to think Josh will finally be our long awaited franchise qb, but he's here. And I'm convinced he will not be an EJ or TT or any of our other failed qbs since Kelly.  I know the sample size is small and he has to improve on his accuracy a little, but I believe he is the one we've so patiently waited for.  Now it will be on the staff to protect with a better OL. Find him a #1 wr/te and coach him up. Right about the time Brady retires, this team will be scary good.....

There is one thing you have to say about Allen: you don't feel like the game is over when we are behind. I remember being 6 points behind in the 4th quarter of a game last year and KNOWING we had no chance of picking up a TD to win. We could be down by over a touchdown with under 5 minutes to play and between our D and Allen I now have confidence we have a shot of coming back. That means a lot to me.

• Like (+1) 7

6 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

This is the byproduct of actually watching the kid play vs looking at the box score. Eventually the national media types will come around too. The way he plays the game makes it damn fun to watch.

This.

The national sports outlets had the usual Josh fail recaps - no way they actually watch him play. I am getting ahead of myself, but I think you are right. Surround this kid with a bit more talent, protect him a bit better, and this could be something really special.

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This.

The national sports outlets had the usual Josh fail recaps - no way they actually watch him play. I am getting ahead of myself, but I think you are right. Surround this kid with a bit more talent, protect him a bit better, and this could be something really special.

National media cream their pants because Lamar Jackson runs 27 times for 130+ yards. Josh does the same in not even half the runs as he's playing QB not QB-RB combo, and you know, crickets. Ravens are in the playoff run but still, ridiculous.

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Does this mean we won the offseason?

Actually, yes we did!

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yay, but given I recall an article where they were all "Buffalo is ahead of us because, Fitzpatrick" I can't get too pleased.

Sadly for them I think we were.

40 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This.

National media agenda.

1 attack that one guy and try to put him down

2 attack Josh Allen and try to put him down

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

There is one thing you have to say about Allen: you don't feel like the game is over when we are behind. I remember being 6 points behind in the 4th quarter of a game last year and KNOWING we had no chance of picking up a TD to win. We could be down by over a touchdown with under 5 minutes to play and between our D and Allen I now have confidence we have a shot of coming back. That means a lot to me.

Eh.  Yesterday was the first time I thought he might led us back after being behind.  

Also, this is more of a statement about RT. Fans always want the newer thing.  RT is what he is at this point, an average starting nfl qb. Not the worst and will never be a top guy.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, flmike said:

I had to listen to the Miami coverage of the game while driving yesterday. First, they are really terrible. You have wait a long time to find out what happened on the field while they bloviate about what happened 10 minutes ago. Three guys in the booth doesn't work, btw. That said, they were constantly amazed by Allen - and their reaction when they though Clay had caught the ball was priceless.

Yeah, but she leaves perfectly good AR-15s in rental cars.

you must be from Florida

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

His wife maybe? His wife is a strsight dimer i must add...

10 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Well I have asked the questions to the eternal "Allen is a bust" posters. Would you rather have Tannehill or Josh as your QB?

My answer is clearly the player actually on the Bills roster.

Sorry but I'd trade Allen for Tannehill straight up if his wife stays with me on road trips!

9 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

The '86 Opener felt this way

I haven't been this excited for a qb since then. I remember Kelly throwing his share of picks, but you never thought you were out of the game. 

It is also the contrast between before and after. Post Ferguson was were brutal. Outside of eight games from bledsoe, a couple from Edwards, maybe four from Orton, and a couple from tyrod, bills for and have been awful. Allen is such a marked contrast, it is great 

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I was a little surprised by all the positive coverage of Allen after the game(which I thought was by far his best to date), but I have to say I was shocked that 2 Dolphin beat writers went out of their way to say Allen is basically the QB they wish they had.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222521360.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181202/lieser-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-is-qb-miami-dolphins-wish-they-had

Dolphin players were also very impressed and said they think he is going to be a really good player and were surprised at how poised he was for a rookie.

I like how the second writer basically says that if Allen fails it's because the Bills coaches suck, which he seems to think is a possibility.?

Of course, Mike Schopp has stepped in to discredit the Salguero article, because Salguero's point was mostly made based on player quotes.  Schopp says that if you're gonna analyze player performance, players are the last people to talk to.  Because being on the field with the opposition gives you no perspective whatsoever.  Brilliant.

Edited by BillnutinHouston