Where are all the Ivory should start posts?

Dadonkadonk

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Do you just look for anything negative to jump on, or do you have certain guidelines? 

I'm pointing out the absurdity of this board always thinking the backup is better than the starter with the facts. Most of this board wanted to get rid of McCoy for a guy that looks like he runs hard but gets no results. Now a bunch of people are on the preseason probowler Murphy to start bandwagon.

McCoy is still a great RB. Hell even Ivory and Murphy are decent backups.

Its the line. McCoy made 3.5 ypc when he was hit in the backfield on muliple plays.

• Like (+1) 1

He and shady are both terrible. 

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I'm pointing out the absurdity of this board always thinking the backup is better than the starter with the facts. Most of this board wanted to get rid of McCoy for a guy that looks like he runs hard but gets no results. Now a bunch of people are on the preseason probowler Murphy to start bandwagon.

Its the line. McCoy made 3.5 ypc when he was hit in the backfield on muliple plays.

Shady is no longer a great running back.  He goes down with a stiff breeze right now. Hes done and should be nothing more than a 3rd down back in the league now.  Sorry.  But he has little or no explosiveness anymore. 

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Yeah, yeah... Everyone gets your point. Ivory had a bad game.

Unfortunately, your premise is flawed because Shady does not even resemble a "great RB" right now.

So yeah, one game where Shady averages 3.5 ypc and all the sudden he's back? Touting 3.5 as if it were good, or even repectable. This thread would make sense if Shady actually was producing. Mccoy is done, and people saying 'start Ivory' are doing so not because Ivory is great, but because Shady is over with, over the hill, and his running style is no longer supported by his skillset. Ivory had a bad game yesterday, but if it were possible I would still trade Shady away and start Ivory (or whoever). If we aren't getting production anyway, it shouldn't cost 10mil+.

9 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

100% agreed with this. I think the Josh lovers and the Josh haters admit we have a serious WR/TE and Oline problem... but what I feel keeps getting over looked, is we have had almost 0 running game all seasons (except for Jets game). Josh has really been put in a position to need to do it all - all while having a QB Spy on him at all times... still runs for 135.

Side thought I just kind of came up with. It seemed to me in many games when Tyrod was spied his running aspect of his game was pretty much gone. Yet Allen is being spied and it's like it doesnt matter. Is Allen truly faster/more elusive? Is Allen a "smarter runner" with how to attack the running lane? Just weird to me guys like Barr, Alonso and whoever the Jaguars had just cant stop the kid.

He embarrassed Kiko numerous times in the open field.  Allen has some special ability to run and extend plays. 

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I don’t think anyone can argue that the line isn’t crippling this offense. It has to be the #1 priority this offseason. 

38 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Watching him spin Kiko 2-3 times, and just kind of shove Kiko out of the way was just amazing

Once Kiko had his back to him he just hid behind him when he turned and then just shoved him out of the way when he wanted to start steam rollin