Where are all the Ivory should start posts?

Dadonkadonk

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The bottom line is this OL is not opening up running lanes for any of its running backs.....

It is actually pretty amazing that Josh is doing what he is doing with no running game......and he is constantly having to move to avoid being sacked......he literally should have like 5 sacks a game on him but does not

100% agreed with this. I think the Josh lovers and the Josh haters admit we have a serious WR/TE and Oline problem... but what I feel keeps getting over looked, is we have had almost 0 running game all seasons (except for Jets game). Josh has really been put in a position to need to do it all - all while having a QB Spy on him at all times... still runs for 135.

Side thought I just kind of came up with. It seemed to me in many games when Tyrod was spied his running aspect of his game was pretty much gone. Yet Allen is being spied and it's like it doesnt matter. Is Allen truly faster/more elusive? Is Allen a "smarter runner" with how to attack the running lane? Just weird to me guys like Barr, Alonso and whoever the Jaguars had just cant stop the kid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

6 carries, 4 yards and a fumble for 0.7 YPC.

Same O-line against the same defense and Shady has 3.5 YPC. 

Do you just look for anything negative to jump on, or do you have certain guidelines? 

• Like (+1) 1

I think designing more plays that feature McCoy catching passes out of the backfield would really help the offense a lot...and it would give McCoy a chance to have space to move.  It seemed very early in the season they were running some screens...but they have pretty much disappeared.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I think designing more plays that feature McCoy catching passes out of the backfield would really help the offense a lot...and it would give McCoy a chance to have space to move.  It seemed very early in the season they were running some screens...but they have pretty much disappeared.

I agree, it seems very odd these plays have disappeared ?

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

100% agreed with this. I think the Josh lovers and the Josh haters admit we have a serious WR/TE and Oline problem... but what I feel keeps getting over looked, is we have had almost 0 running game all seasons (except for Jets game). Josh has really been put in a position to need to do it all - all while having a QB Spy on him at all times... still runs for 135.

Side thought I just kind of came up with. It seemed to me in many games when Tyrod was spied his running aspect of his game was pretty much gone. Yet Allen is being spied and it's like it doesnt matter. Is Allen truly faster/more elusive? Is Allen a "smarter runner" with how to attack the running lane? Just weird to me guys like Barr, Alonso and whoever the Jaguars had just cant stop the kid.

Just pure speed and athleticism.  LB's may underestimate it because it's deceptive because of how he's built. I know his 40 time was a 4.75, but his football speed is more in the 4.5 range.

Tyrod torched Miami every time he played them, but nothing compared to what Allen did today.