Miami media: Dolphins won the game, but Bills have better QB situation for future

YoloinOhio

I doubt any team or players are concerned  about anything but the next opponent

cetainly not next season; it’s too risky to think you are guaranteed getting through the next practice without injury

43 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

It's cool to see how other teams view our players. Especially rivals. You tend to get more accurate assessments from people that aren't emotionally tied to the player. Good find Yolo. 

Neither team is set up at QB for the future at the moment IMO.  As time goes on this will be more obvious.  

The rivalry with Miami died many years ago.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Neither team is set up at QB for the future at the moment IMO.  As time goes on this will be more obvious.  

The rivalry with Miami died many years ago.

If you can say that difinitively after half a season than I am honestly amazed you're not a pro scout. We're set up for at least 3 more years of Allen which should give us plenty of time to see his development. 

And by rival I meant divisional opponent. I'm personally hoping Darnold and Allen both develop into good enough quarterbacks to spark a true rivalry (obviously hoping Allen is better) so younger fans like me can get a taste of that Kelly/Marino rivalry that came before our time. 

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure they'd prefer the other 17 on the field today.  With the goal always be winning the Superbowl, Tannehill is not the long term solution there.  Obviously.

Did you just channel Coach Marrone there??

One of the announcers mentioned that the Miami GM said that if Josh had been available when they picked, they would have had an interesting decision to make. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Tannehill.

Watching the highlights again, I gotta say that after the first-down throw from the endzone on 3rd and 12, my favorite play was the run he made early in the game. Kiko Alonso is chasing him. Allen turns in, so Kiko follows him, then Allen turns out, Alonso tries to turn but gets off balance, and Allen pushes him out of the way en route to a first down. I watch a crapload of football, and you just don't see a QB make that kind of play.

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

One of the announcers mentioned that the Miami GM said that if Josh had been available when they picked, they would have had an interesting decision to make. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Tannehill.

our QB took us to the playoffs last year with zero thanks from the vast majority of the fanbase

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

our QB took us to the playoffs last year with zero thanks from the vast majority of the fanbase

I was never a Tyrod basher but I think it's safe to say that our defense got us to the playoffs and Tyrod was a game manager at best. I was all for giving him a chance to prove himself, but it became clear last season that he'd hit his ceiling. I'm happy they let him go.

• Like (+1) 1