Miami media: Dolphins won the game, but Bills have better QB situation for future

YoloinOhio

But one game does not tell the whole story of the difference between Tannehill and Allen, the new Bills quarterback you’ll be seeing on the opposing sideline for the next few years.

One game actually should make you wary about the future because that was certainly something Allen put on display in a losing cause to Miami. If you’re a football fan, it was fun and exciting to watch.

If you’re a Dolphins fan it was unnerving and worrisome because Allen is a rookie.

Because while Tannehill showed in his seventh season he’s polished his game to a certain solid level, Allen showed in his seventh start his ceiling is way higher and way more promising than anything the Dolphins have.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

This was my exact thought about todays game. 

I mentioned in the GDT that what we were watching was a team built to compete doing everything they could to lose to a team that is in the middle of a hard rebuild. The bills are going in the right direction. Take away 2-3 key rookie/young player mistakes (on a team starting about 10 first and second year players) and we win that game easy. 

If im a dolphins fan I don't walk away feeling happy, regardless of the end score. 

• Like (+1) 4

I agree with this, this is about the least disappointed that I ever remember feeling in a Bills loss.     Yeah the drop sucked but many of the young players showed real potential to be a part of the team's future.

We may have something in Allen, the Dolphins are saddled with a QB whose ceiling is "Meh".    

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope it snows

I live my life hoping for December games in the snow against the dolphins. 

I hope the Dolphins do just well enough this year to keep Gase and Tannehill. Best thing that can happen to the East. (short of the jets keeping Bowles, and BB and Tommy dying of dysentary) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2