We Are In Good Shape. Who Would You Dump Next Year?

Irv

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I keep seeing Derek Anderson on the list but it seems like Allen and Anderson have formed a good bond and Anderson has been a mentor. I don't think having Anderson as a third stringer is a bad thing. I wouldn't want Anderson as a backup but as a veteran mentor yes. 

He can do that as member of staff.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m kinda shocked how many people want to cut shady.. 

And im no shady fan really, I think a lot of people forget this is the runner he’s always been. Dancing and losing yards all the time, only difference is he’s not ripping any big runs this year to offset all the losses 

He should be used more as a WR where he shifts from RB position (if everyone else can be taught to not move during it) to WR to take advantage of slower LBs.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I disagree, his level of effort is sloppy, disengaged, and plays with no heart.  He has no fight in him 

Seriously, even I put more effort in at work.  Thats an all time low.

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

0-6 on challenges. Today's was silly. Sean better start making some better decisions on who he surrounds himself with.

Completely agree. Would love to see Anderson brought on. Culley is a wr guy, not a qb....

0-6?  Has he really swing and missed on every single one?

• Like (+1) 1

here's who I would keep: (these are the few players out performing their contracts) ….the rest I wouldn't miss

tre'davious white

micah hyde

Jordan poyer

steven hauschka

Tremaine edwards

josh allen

zay jones

kyle williams

matt milano

Lorenzo alexander

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Bad is one thing, expensive and bad is another. Clay has to go, and KB is off to greener pastures with his contract up. Shocking that a guy in his contract year couldn’t be bothered to even TRY. 

Contract year-thats what I was hanging my hat on in predicting that KB would play well this year. If that won’t motivate him I assume nothing will. He’s already good as gone. As for Ducasse - if he’s a backup with a backup’s salary, he’s just fine. Clay is a problem since that contract is unmovable for one more season. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Re:Clay

He isn't a great player but most don't recognize he is average or slightly above in this league. We could do much worse, I believe.  The setback with Clay is he's not what the offense needs. Nor is DiMarco.  But when we both want them they're fairly tolerable.

DiMarco has been a difference maker this year more than last. 

Above average athlete for his size to be sure. He’s not a talented pass catcher though. Good blocker, need to upgrade. Unfortunately unless they can trade him for something to someone who thinks he’s a great fit, cutting him probably isn’t fiscally beneficial.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

In this order:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Charles Clay

3. Vlad Ducasse

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Derek Anderson

6. Russell Bodine

7. Ryan Groy

8. Jordan Mills

9. John Miller

This looks just about right to me. 

14 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d get rid of McCoy too.  Has a cap hit of nearly 9 million too.  He just seems to be slowing down a bit.  

McCoy, Clay, KB (dont bring back), and Ducasse.

24 minutes ago, wppete said:

This looks just about right to me. 

Like the list minus John Miller- I think he will be alright with some talent on the line with him.

Edited by billsfan_34

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They are not replacing them with your favorites Jerry and Sulky no matter how many threatening letters written in crayon you write.

Even after all these years, I heard that Steve Tasker still hates you. :( 

19 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'm still firing Castillo, Robiskie....and I'm adding Crossman to the list.    

Robiskie has done well with Zay Jones, Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie. Those three guys will be core guys in 2019. Juan Castillo OTOH had nothing to work with whatsoever. He put out good lines in Buffalo before with Wood and Cog. Crossman though I agree needs to go.

KB (that dude can't get out of town fast enough)

The entire right side of the OL

Murphy

after that it really doesn't matter. 

Free agency: C, RG, RT, WR

Draft: CB (1 round kid from LSU), LB, WR, TE

To me there is a big difference in who ends up on the 2019 roster and who goes to camp.

As of now the Bills only have 34 players under contract for 2019.

There are only 15 offensive players signed but will have about 43 players go to camp.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2019/

On the offense (under contract) they probably do something like this.

Traded/Cut:

1.  Clay - I really don't think he fits Daboll's idea of a #1 TE.  He is next years big trade/cut.

2.  McCoy - If they can trade him (if he wants to be traded?) he might go.  If not I see them keeping him for his last year.

3.  Ivory - If McCoy goes then he stays.

Some others currently under contract:

Bodine is not great BUT he goes to camp until he is beat out by someone else.

Ducasse - As much as I hate saying it he probably goes to camp unless Bills get 1-2 very good FA G signings.

Almost all of the Murphy, McDermott, McCloud, Boettger type guys go to camp.

Offensive ERFAs

Foster - Signed

McKenzie - Probably not re-signed.

Offensive UFAs

Barkley - Re-signed

Out of the rest:

Anderson, Mills, Miller, T Jones, Thompson, Groy, Benjamin, L Thomas, and Sirles       I can't see any who are a priority re-signing.

One or two might get re-signed IF replacements are not found in FA or planned draft positions are questionable.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

This would be without understanding cap space implications, and just going on team impact:

Benjamin 

Clay 

DiMarco (unless Daboll really sees a need for a FB)

Miller

Ducasse

Groy

How can they cut Benjamin, Groy, Miller?  They are free agents after the season.