We Are In Good Shape. Who Would You Dump Next Year?

Irv

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

In this order:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Charles Clay

3. Vlad Ducasse

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Derek Anderson

6. Russell Bodine

7. Ryan Groy

8. Jordan Mills

9. John Miller

I'm smelling a $90 million spending spree, all on O-line ??? 

But that is probably what we need. Just save a few bucks for WR and TE. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

In this order:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Charles Clay

3. Vlad Ducasse

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Derek Anderson

6. Russell Bodine

7. Ryan Groy

8. Jordan Mills

9. John Miller

This is a more realistic list.  McCloud and Thomas may get cut in training camp next year, but I don't think they will be cut ahead of that.  Pretty clear that OL and WR is where our issues are

9 hours ago, billspro said:

I would rather get rid of an RB a year too soon than a year too late

Agree and with his cap hit see if ya can trade him for a late round pick.  Maybe it’s the poor blocking but he sure seems to be losing a step

I’m kinda shocked how many people want to cut shady.. In a year we don’t need the cap savings? Pay the guy, let him play, draft a younger guy or sign a free agent to compete in the committee. Rather he’s lost a step, or the line is just that bad there’s zero reason to cut him. He has leadership qualities just like Lorax and Kyle and it’s not like we’re hurting for the cap relief. He could be trade bait next year or be a key rotational player in a committee. At this stage with so much cap and a mostly set defense there’s no reason to create more holes. We are desperate for anyone on offense who can make plays so of course we need to add talent all across the offense. I just don’t see a reason to cut McCoy, he can still be a weapon. 

And im no shady fan really, I think a lot of people forget this is the runner he’s always been. Dancing and losing yards all the time, only difference is he’s not ripping any big runs this year to offset all the losses 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d get rid of McCoy too.  Has a cap hit of nearly 9 million too.  He just seems to be slowing down a bit.  

for the life of me i cannot figure out why they keep feeding him the ball when he is having no success....with his running style vs. a stacked box. as almost every other week, i felt they should have used ivory and murphy much more.  i care more about wins than i do shady chasing the hof.

my list is similar i guess to most...

kb

clay

ducasse

anderson

rayray

mills

maybe get a pick for shady

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

0-6 on challenges. Today's was silly. Sean better start making some better decisions on who he surrounds himself with.

Completely agree. Would love to see Anderson brought on. Culley is a wr guy, not a qb....

I agree... Can't blame McDermott himself for it because there's no way he could have seen a replay himself to be able to challenge it, so he's relying on whoever it is upstairs to tell him when to throw it. But god. I think he's won ONE challenge as our HC in almost two full seasons.

13 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I agree... Can't blame McDermott himself for it because there's no way he could have seen a replay himself to be able to challenge it, so he's relying on whoever it is upstairs to tell him when to throw it. But god. I think he's won ONE challenge as our HC in almost two full seasons.

It's almost as if the refs have something to do with all of these challenges going against us ?

Nah... couldn't be.

12 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

It's almost as if the refs have something to do with all of these challenges going against us ?

Nah... couldn't be.

Officiating was awful yesterday... But we lose challenges because we challenge things that we have no chance of winning. 

How many times did Josh take shots to the head yesterday after the play?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

You always need cap savings, it's how you generate cap space to invest

Ok well here’s the real question then.. 

Theres 90 million available to spend in free agency, does keeping McCoy stop them from signing anyone? Will his cap savings be the difference in landing decent players? And can they bring in anyone who can do what shady does for the same or less money? I’m sure they can find someone cheaper to dance around for 2-4 yard losses lol, but the leadership role he’s assumed on the team is hard to replace

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He will be gone and it's why it was a mistake not to move him at the deadline when we could have gotten something for him.

I will be pissed if they just let him go because of this reason here. As fans we heard 2 3rd round picks. I would have settled for just 1.

Now if we don’t get anything at all!!!! Knowing this team was going no where this year will leave me questioning Beane.

Re:Clay

He isn't a great player but most don't recognize he is average or slightly above in this league. We could do much worse, I believe.  The setback with Clay is he's not what the offense needs. Nor is DiMarco.  But when we both want them they're fairly tolerable.

DiMarco has been a difference maker this year more than last.