We Are In Good Shape. Who Would You Dump Next Year?

Irv

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, I know it has become the narrative that Kelvin Benjamin "doesn't even try"...I think that is BS.  I think he tries, and he cares...did anyone ever stop to think that he just many not be that talented?

its a bit of both his effort isnt where it needs to be on some plays..he doesn't take every play off..but honestly he doesn't get seperation he didnt didnt in college at fla state either hes honestly a tight end playing wr he doenst have the suddenness needed to be a wr.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im fine with keeping Bodine and Mills.  They are both average and should be fine if we bring in 2 new above average O-Linemen in FA and/or the Draft to go with Dawkins and Teller.  

I agree with you regarding Bodine and Mills but I see them as depth..

Would also bring back Bottiger to compete for a spot.

Teller and Dawkins are no brainers..

From the current line up, I would move on from Groy, Ducasse, McDermott and Miller..

Need at least 2 FA, a high and Day 3 picks to replace..

I keep seeing Derek Anderson on the list but it seems like Allen and Anderson have formed a good bond and Anderson has been a mentor. I don't think having Anderson as a third stringer is a bad thing. I wouldn't want Anderson as a backup but as a veteran mentor yes. 

Depends. like a lot of other people, happy to wave goodbye to Benjamin and Clay. If Shady is also let go, that would be the three senior offensive skills players gone. Would need to bring in some skilled and experienced replacements.

Danny Crossman shouldn’t be here again.

Otherwise, I think decisions will be made on  the mix of experience and youth as well as individual onfield production. 

The way Josh Allen is progressing, depending on what is happening behind the scenes, I would hire Derek Anderson as a quarterbacks coach.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Whoever the guy is in the booth that tells the HC when to challenge a play. That guy’s gotta go!

0-6 on challenges. Today's was silly. Sean better start making some better decisions on who he surrounds himself with.

2 minutes ago, Jeff1954 said:

Depends. like a lot of other people, happy to wave goodbye to Benjamin and Clay. If Shady is also let go, that would be the three senior offensive skills players gone. Would need to bring in some skilled and experienced replacements.

Danny Crossman shouldn’t be here again.

Otherwise, I think decisions will be made on  the mix of experience and youth as well as individual onfield production. 

The way Josh Allen is progressing, depending on what is happening behind the scenes, I would hire Derek Anderson as a quarterbacks coach.

Completely agree. Would love to see Anderson brought on. Culley is a wr guy, not a qb....

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, I know it has become the narrative that Kelvin Benjamin "doesn't even try"...I think that is BS.  I think he tries, and he cares...did anyone ever stop to think that he just many not be that talented?

I disagree, his level of effort is sloppy, disengaged, and plays with no heart.  He has no fight in him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane insisted Shady wasn't going to be traded and will be a part of this team's plans for 2019, and I have no reason not to believe him. I thought he and the team would be better off if we traded him before the deadline, but here we are. If there's a trade offer we can't refuse, pull the trigger by all means, but if not, actually try to get some OL that can run block and spend a mid round draft pick on a potential replacement.

4 hours ago, Irv said:

OK we lost.  So I looked at the roster.  Unlike a lot of years, I like most of these guys.  The back-up's have played really well.  I'm not a cap guru but I could do without these guys.  Not too many:

Derek Anderson

Ray Ray McCloud

Logan Thomas

Vlad Ducasse

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin  

The first 4 guys try hard.  The last two guys make me want to throw up.  I like the rest of the roster.  The last couple of years I could have doubled the number on that list.  I trust the process.  

And

John Miller

Jordan Mills

Andre Holmes

Deonta Thompson

Trent Murphy

Some backup LBs

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

hate to say it, but: Lesean McCoy.

yep

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Bad is one thing, expensive and bad is another. Clay has to go, and KB is off to greener pastures with his contract up. Shocking that a guy in his contract year couldn’t be bothered to even TRY. 

im expecting KB to be off to browner pastures

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian