We Are In Good Shape. Who Would You Dump Next Year?

Irv

Probably easier to list guys we want to keep on Offense.  

Allen/Barkley, Zay/Foster/McKenzie, Dawkins/Teller. 

Everywhere else can/should be upgraded, cut or moved to depth.  

On Defense, it’s much simpler.  Resign Jordan Phillips and try to get one more season out of Lorax and maybe Kyle.   Address #2 CB in the draft or FA. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d get rid of McCoy too.  Has a cap hit of nearly 9 million too.  He just seems to be slowing down a bit.  

I don’t think he is slowing down. We just don’t have the best O-Line that is opening up a lot of holes.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

In this order:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Charles Clay

3. Vlad Ducasse

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Derek Anderson

6. Russell Bodine

7. Ryan Groy

8. Jordan Mills

9. John Miller

Pretty much agreed. We may want to keep Bodine. He'd still be a serviceable backup at C if we draft a rookie high, plus the line has actually played sufficient with him in there. There has been a big drop-off when Groy is at C.  I'd also keep Mills as a backup swing T. Hopefully we upgrade but he has improved a little.  Shady needs to take a payout to stay. I'd give him 3 yrs at 5-6m to be the change of pace guy. Look at what Lindsey is doing in DEN. We need to find that kind of young talent later in the draft or UDFA.

• Like (+1) 1

Tight end is a really difficult position to fill in the draft with early success.  Clay is overpaid but he is still the best TE on the team by far both as a blocker and receiver.  Unless they sign a credible FA, I think he will be back. My thought on McCoy are well documented and he should be back.  He is still the second best player on the offense.  

1. Lorax

2. PED Murphy

3. KB

4. Bodine

5. Ducasse

6. Miller

7. Special Penalty Holmes

8. Connor McDermott 

9. Ray Ray

10. Logan Thomas

11. Ivory

12. Yarborough

I would bring back Mills on a cheap deal if possible.  They need a new center and at least one new guard.  Finding an OT in the draft is getting harder and harder as they do not develop them in college.  Mills is just about average to below average but could be a lot worse.  Put a decent C and G next to him and he will still be the worst on the line but adequate.  

Free agency: C, G, DE, OLB, WR

Draft: G, DL, WR, TE, CB, S, 

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I don’t think he is slowing down. We just don’t have the best O-Line that is opening up a lot of holes.

LOL.  We have the worst line in the league.  

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Bad is one thing, expensive and bad is another. Clay has to go, and KB is off to greener pastures with his contract up. Shocking that a guy in his contract year couldn’t be bothered to even TRY. 

KB is showing the rest of the league he's a lazy malcontent.  He'll get very little on his new contract.  And prepare for him to bad mouth the team. Good riddance to bad garbage. Clay has just been an overpaid injury prone waste.

31 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Charles Clay

3. Vlad Ducasse

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Derek Anderson

6. Russell Bodine

7. Ryan Groy

8. Jordan Mills

9. John Miller

I actually noticed quite a dropoff when Bodine is not at center, so maybe not him, but besides that, this is pretty spot on.   They just need to make sure that there are credible replacements.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

My definite cuts:

1. Benjamin
  2. Clay
  3. Crossman
  4. McCoy

Definite Keeps:

1. Allen
  2. Edmunds
  3. Zay Jones
  4. Haushka
  5. Tre White
  6. Milano
  7. Philips
  8. Hughes

The rest of the players are mostly jags.  Keep them if you can't replace them with cheaper jags or upgrade them.  

Benjamin isn’t under contract after this season.  He’d have to be re-signed then cut.  He’ll just be a free agent.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

54 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

hate to say it, but: Lesean McCoy.

Would love to see a stud RB behind Josh Allen.  A RB that can run it 20 - 30 times a game.  Are there any like that in the 2019 draft and where are they projected?

59 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK we lost.  So I looked at the roster.  Unlike a lot of years, I like most of these guys.  The back-up's have played really well.  I'm not a cap guru but I could do without these guys.  Not too many:

Derek Anderson

Ray Ray McCloud

Logan Thomas

Vlad Ducasse

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin  

The first 4 guys try hard.  The last two guys make me want to throw up.  I like the rest of the roster.  The last couple of years I could have doubled the number on that list.  I trust the process.  

Trust the process but not the OL. 

Groy, Miller and Mills are terrible.  Counting back ups we need 4 new offensive lineman, 3 new WRs, 2 new TEs, pretty much all the running backs are replaceable.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Probably easier to list guys we want to keep on Offense.  

Allen/Barkley, Zay/Foster/McKenzie, Dawkins/Teller. 

Everywhere else can/should be upgraded, cut or moved to depth.  

On Defense, it’s much simpler.  Resign Jordan Phillips and try to get one more season out of Lorax and maybe Kyle.   Address #2 CB in the draft or FA. 

They should get another CB, but Wallace is holding up well.  2019 #2 CB might already be playing at the #2 CB spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

OK we lost.  So I looked at the roster.  Unlike a lot of years, I like most of these guys.  The back-up's have played really well.  I'm not a cap guru but I could do without these guys.  Not too many:

Derek Anderson

Ray Ray McCloud

Logan Thomas

Vlad Ducasse

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin  

The first 4 guys try hard.  The last two guys make me want to throw up.  I like the rest of the roster.  The last couple of years I could have doubled the number on that list.  I trust the process.  

Agreed.  Clay and Benjamin for sure. 

Shady either needs to reinvent himself as more of a straightaway runner, take a drastically reduced role or be gone. The guy is my favorite player and it kills me to see it and to say it. At the end of the day we are being made 1 demential every week. And that 1 dimension isn’t even strong. It’s time to figure it out or let’s see what Murphy has. I would have gone to Murphy in the second half today. Give them a different look. It wasn’t working with Shady but they only mixed in Ivory. Murphy has been excellent in short stints. I am constantly confused by the personnel decisions made by this coach.