We Are In Good Shape. Who Would You Dump Next Year?

Irv

OK we lost.  So I looked at the roster.  Unlike a lot of years, I like most of these guys.  The back-up's have played really well.  I'm not a cap guru but I could do without these guys.  Not too many:

Derek Anderson

Ray Ray McCloud

Logan Thomas

Vlad Ducasse

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin  

The first 4 guys try hard.  The last two guys make me want to throw up.  I like the rest of the roster.  The last couple of years I could have doubled the number on that list.  I trust the process.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK we lost.  So I looked at the roster.  Unlike a lot of years, I like most of these guys.  The back-up's have played really well.  I'm not a cap guru but I could do without these guys.  Not too many:

Derek Anderson

Ray Ray McCloud

Logan Thomas

Vlad Ducasse

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin  

The first 4 guys try hard.  The last two guys make me want to throw up.  I like the rest of the roster.  The last couple of years I could have doubled the number on that list.  I trust the process.  

Agree the first 4 try but are just bad players. The last 2 are completely worthless. Still not sure about McKenzie yet? All these cuts have to include Crossman and Castillo let go.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d get rid of McCoy too.  Has a cap hit of nearly 9 million too.  He just seems to be slowing down a bit.  

He will be gone and it's why it was a mistake not to move him at the deadline when we could have gotten something for him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree the first 4 try but are just bad players. The last 2 are completely worthless. Still not sure about McKenzie yet? All these cuts have to include Crossman and Castillo let go.

Bad is one thing, expensive and bad is another. Clay has to go, and KB is off to greener pastures with his contract up. Shocking that a guy in his contract year couldn’t be bothered to even TRY. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Bad is one thing, expensive and bad is another. Clay has to go, and KB is off to greener pastures with his contract up. Shocking that a guy in his contract year couldn’t be bothered to even TRY. 

Honestly, I know it has become the narrative that Kelvin Benjamin "doesn't even try"...I think that is BS.  I think he tries, and he cares...did anyone ever stop to think that he just many not be that talented?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, I know it has become the narrative that Kelvin Benjamin "doesn't even try"...I think that is BS.  I think he tries, and he cares...did anyone ever stop to think that he just many not be that talented?

Based on my observation, it’s a fact that he barely tries, and a good supposition that his talent is overrated. 

• Like (+1) 1