2019 draft Wish List(trade back)

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone have thoughts on Noah Fant? He is probably an option. Daniel Jeremiah has him as the 6th overall player and Matt Miller has him at 11. He would seem to fit two needs.

Watched his highlights... sure handed, but very meh after that. he is a good route runner, but not so much that he can constantly win one-on-ones... I would have him as an early 3rd round talent, unless he runs a 4.4 at the combine

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Offensive lineman take some time to develop, putting three rookies out there with a 2nd and 3rd year guys doesn't sound the best. .  I'd rather see them sign one or two high level FA lineman, then use a 2nd on a lineman, but use the 1st rounder on WR

I agree. I'd like to sign at least a C and G in FA. Older guys on two year deals would be preferable. Draft guys to develop behind them. If the rookies win the job early, great. Now we have decent depth for 2 years with out screwing the cap up. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I'm not opposed to drafting WR talent, I just don't see any Julios, AJ Greens, Odells, Etc. in this draft. There are very good looking interior/RT prospects though. I think 1 WR upgrade can take us to the next level, but we need a complete overhaul on the C to right side of our line.

WR is such a challenge.  Most of the top 20 guys are first or second round picks with rare notable exceptions like Antonio Brown in the 6th.  I think a FA or trade for a WR is the better way to go. Use the draft on the interior OL and OLB.

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

WR is such a challenge.  Most of the top 20 guys are first or second round picks with rare notable exceptions like Antonio Brown in the 6th.  I think a FA or trade for a WR is the better way to go. Use the draft on the interior OL and OLB.

Agreed. I don’t see the stand out this year, except for Hollywood( and he seems like a complimentary piece). I would like to grab some Vet OL in FA, but I would also like to grab some beasts to develop for our interior. 

I would rather sign some quality offensive linemen (Would love to go big money for Roger Saffold of the Rams) and maybe draft 1 and then a TE and WR in the first three rounds. I also wouldn't mind trading back. 

I think the value of the FA market is more towards Oline than it is playmaker, whereas playmakers are going to be better in the draft. 

I just feel like I see more o linemen bust early in the draft than any other position.  Every year there are these elite OTs taken early that bust.  I prefer to take skill positions or pass rushers early and linemen 3rd rd or later.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

I just feel like I see more o linemen bust early in the draft than any other position.  Every year there are these elite OTs taken early that bust.  I prefer to take skill positions or pass rushers early and linemen 3rd rd or later.

Busts abound at every position. 

Wist list 2019:

Free Agency:

Ju'Wuan James- RT

Matt Paradise - C 

This sures up 3 critical positions (LT,RT & C) for a functional line, imo. The guard play will improve with better center leadership...

Tyrell Williams- WR  Red zone & down field target decent size

Phillip Dorsett- WR   hasn't done much so far in the league but his speed has to be respected, can fill the jet sweep & downfield target so badly needed for Josh.

Jesse James - TE    Ideal size & chain mover to keep drives alive & red zone target.

EJ Gaines- CB   he knows McD & Frazier's system shouldn't cost too much...even tho I like how Wallace is developing. I also don't want McBeane drafting a CB in the 1st rd, LOL!

2019 Draft:

1st rd- Best player available I would love to get Ed Oliver if he's there when we pick but I wouldn't be surprised that they have their eye's on a CB here with a 9/10 pick.

2nd-4th rd- Best offensive player available- RB, WR or OL

players I like in this position :

2nd rd grade- Damian Harris RB, M. Brown (Jr) WR, Noah Fant TE or OL

3rd rd grade- If no WR in previous rd, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel- WR (I'd like hybrid type players w/ speed for Daboll offense), best OL player

4th rd grade (2 picks)- Khalil Hodge ILB tackling machine (move Edmunds to SLB), best DB or pass rusher avail...

My 2019 wishlist, subject to change! ?

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

OL will be prioritized in FA. The OL talent in FA is WAY better than the pass catching talent.

Bingo. Rebuild the OL in FA. You may be able to grab a TE too. They need to scout WRs this year like they did QBs last year. Hopefully they find the right guy.