2019 draft Wish List(trade back)

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anyone have thoughts on Noah Fant? He is probably an option. Daniel Jeremiah has him as the 6th overall player and Matt Miller has him at 11. He would seem to fit two needs.

That is my early guess for the Bills first round.  Fant, Anthony Johnson in second, and oline rest of draft and free agency

Mat Paradis is my #1 FA target.  Back the truck up

13 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I want to trade back to the middle of the first round and grab an extra 2nd round pick to make this work(Yay, I don't play Madden, so telling me to stick to Madden won't work).

Round 3(maybe trade up into the second) - Marquise Brown*, WR, Oklahoma
Height: 5-11. Weight: 160.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
In 2018, Brown has 70 receptions for 1,264 yards and 10 touchdowns. There is no doubt that Brown is explosive and has devastating speed that makes him a threat to score on any touch of the football.

No way he is still there in the 3rd. I would love the Bills to get him but 2nd would probably be the latest he is available. He will probably go in the first due to lack of first round Offensive talent.

Brown had 20 receiving yards against Texas Saturday... but yet fans on here think he’s some legit NFL #1 WR. The dude comes up missing in games. He’s gonna measure possibly under 5’10 and he weighs 165 lbs max. One hundred and sixty five pounds!!! 

The 3rd round grade here seems fitting. Yeah some team may gamble and take him in round 2. But I don’t think the kid will do squat in the NFL. 

Fans should also know the Big12 has zero defense. Plus everyone is fast and quick and good in the nfl.

We do need Oline. But I’d expect the Bills to go heavy in FA for the Oline considering the top talent on defense stacked in the top 15 in round 1. 

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

DK METCALF.  Case closed.

I’d love him, Hakeem Butler, Preston Williams or Kelvin Harmon in the 2nd. 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

Seems like the upcoming class is top-heavy with defense. If the Bills falter and finish with a top-5 pick, I can see them drafting a DL stud rather than reaching for an offensive player. If they stay where they are now, around #8, I like Metcalf, although his injury scares me. 

Heavy overpay if necessary to fill  Center, RG, RT with Paradis and Saffold and Williams.

Trade First for Julio Jones (hopefully get a later pick back as well.........then re-do his deal to the $17M range he wants)

Trade Second for Luke Keuchley (turn Edmunds into a combo OLB/edge rusher/man coverage matchup piece)

Trade Third for Cordy Glenn (move Dawkins inside......Teller in reserve because one of these older OL will be hurt every week)

Trade 4th for Desean Jackson (make Robert Foster keep earning snaps)

Cap excess resolved.........crushingly high expectations for young QB:thumbsup:

But seriously:

1st round take the closest thing to BPA at a money position($15M and up UFA ceiling)......Pass rusher,  WR, CB, LT..........1st round picks are for talents you can't buy in FA.

Do the Rams-y thing and trade a second or third for a legit veteran stud pass catcher that fits with Allen's air-yards-per-attempt game..........Jackson would be a good fit.......last year of contract.......shouldn't cost more than a 3rd.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Heavy overpay if necessary to fill  Center, RG, RT with Paradis and Saffold and Williams.

Trade First for Julio Jones (hopefully get a later pick back as well.........then re-do his deal to the $17M range he wants)

Trade Second for Luke Keuchley (turn Edmunds into a combo OLB/edge rusher/man coverage matchup piece)

Trade Third for Cordy Glenn (move Dawkins inside......Teller in reserve because one of these older OL will be hurt every week)

Trade 4th for Desean Jackson (make Robert Foster keep earning snaps)

Cap excess resolved.........crushingly high expectations for young QB:thumbsup:

But seriously:

1st round take the closest thing to BPA at a money position($15M and up UFA ceiling)......Pass rusher,  WR, CB, LT..........1st round picks are for talents you can't buy in FA.

Do the Rams-y thing and trade a second or third for a legit veteran stud pass catcher that fits with Allen's air-yards-per-attempt game..........Jackson would be a good fit.......last year of contract.......shouldn't cost more than a 3rd.

I'm definitely on board with OL in free agency and trading for a WR if you can.

I think you make a play for one of Q. Spain or R. Foster at guard and one of Daryl Williams or J. James at OT.  Since Jon Gruden is in love with trading good players, see if he'll part with either Osemele or Gabe Jackson for a 3rd.

I'd see about over-paying for Golden Tate in FA, but I doubt he'll come here.  Maybe you can pry Jackson away from TB, especially if they fire Koetter.  The guy I'd make a huge audacious offer for is Antonio Brown, even if they say they won't trade him.  Try anyway.

Assuming we end up with a top-10 pick, I think the value will be at pass rusher, and that's fine with me.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Brown had 20 receiving yards against Texas Saturday... but yet fans on here think he’s some legit NFL #1 WR. The dude comes up missing in games. He’s gonna measure possibly under 5’10 and he weighs 165 lbs max. One hundred and sixty five pounds!!! 

The 3rd round grade here seems fitting. Yeah some team may gamble and take him in round 2. But I don’t think the kid will do squat in the NFL. 

Fans should also know the Big12 has zero defense. Plus everyone is fast and quick and good in the nfl.

We do need Oline. But I’d expect the Bills to go heavy in FA for the Oline considering the top talent on defense stacked in the top 15 in round 1. 

I’d love him, Hakeem Butler, Preston Williams or Kelvin Harmon in the 2nd. 

Brown hurt his foot in the game too.

I think he's "a little" overrated.........but he's very good..........and of course his cousins AB showed great improvement as a pro so teams will look at him as not yet near his ceiling.

But one of the reasons he wasn't getting as many looks is because CeeDee Lamb is an amazing talent..........I think he would be the first off the board if he were in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm definitely on board with OL in free agency and trading for a WR if you can.

I think you make a play for one of Q. Spain or R. Foster at guard and one of Daryl Williams or J. James at OT.  Since Jon Gruden is in love with trading good players, see if he'll part with either Osemele or Gabe Jackson for a 3rd.

I'd see about over-paying for Golden Tate in FA, but I doubt he'll come here.  Maybe you can pry Jackson away from TB, especially if they fire Koetter.  The guy I'd make a huge audacious offer for is Antonio Brown, even if they say they won't trade him.  Try anyway.

Assuming we end up with a top-10 pick, I think the value will be at pass rusher, and that's fine with me.

Yeah I don't think they will have much luck with WR in FA..........Allen is doing some fun stuff as a playmaker but if you are expecting the opportunity to put up big catch and yardage numbers you need consistent targets and with Allen...and a good defense with a conservative HC who will try to sit on leads........Buffalo is probably not that place.

They might be able to overpay for Tyrell Williams but I think there is a lot of potential for disappointment there if he gets paid commensurate to his numbers.......I will be interested to watch him down the stretch and in the playoffs........see if he raises his game.

Yeah I would love to get AB........his contract situation isn't as easy to trade as Julio($20M vs $5M dead cap hit).........but both are GREAT deep threats in addition to being all around numbers monsters.    Despite big yardage #'s Julio is a bit underserved by Matty Ice's steadily declining deep ball...........he might not get 1600 yards with Allen but he might get 10 TD's and the big plays that he's not getting in Atlanta.    Julio really seems like a process guy too.   

I'd love any of those OL..........Osemele is a very realistic trade target because he makes $10M and he's going to be 30..........if they parted with one it would probably be him.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I don't think they will have much luck with WR in FA..........Allen is doing some fun stuff as a playmaker but if you are expecting the opportunity to put up big catch and yardage numbers you need consistent targets and with Allen...and a good defense with a conservative HC who will try to sit on leads........Buffalo is probably not that place.

They might be able to overpay for Tyrell Williams but I think there is a lot of potential for disappointment there if he gets paid commensurate to his numbers.......I will be interested to watch him down the stretch and in the playoffs........see if he raises his game.

Yeah I would love to get AB........his contract situation isn't as easy to trade as Julio($20M vs $5M dead cap hit).........but both are GREAT deep threats in addition to being all around numbers monsters.    Despite big yardage #'s Julio is a bit underserved by Matty Ice's steadily declining deep ball...........he might not get 1600 yards with Allen but he might get 10 TD's and the big plays that he's not getting in Atlanta.    Julio really seems like a process guy too.   

I'd love any of those OL..........Osemele is a very realistic trade target because he makes $10M and he's going to be 30..........if they parted with one it would probably be him.

My word...imagine going from this group of OLmen to trotting out a starting 5 of Dawkins-Osemele-Bodine-Saffold-D. Williams and fielding a WR group of Brown/Foster/Zay/McKenzie.

Add a competent TE, another speed WR, a young RB in the draft and you start to have a Rams-of-2017 type offensive makeover on your hands.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My word...imagine going from this group of OLmen to trotting out a starting 5 of Dawkins-Osemele-Bodine-Saffold-D. Williams and fielding a WR group of Brown/Foster/Zay/McKenzie.

Add a competent TE, another speed WR, a young RB in the draft and you start to have a Rams-of-2017 type offensive makeover on your hands.

The Bills are going to have to be decisive on OL in FA/trade though...........there are so many bad OL's around the league and so much cap space.........and more teams than ever think they may have their QB...........it's a recipe for having to overpay and I'm not really down with drafting another one early with a young QB to protect.

You saved all of that cap room and have under provided for your rookie QB............time to pay the piper for FA O-lineman.

One of the upsides of trading a first round pick for a guy like AB or Julio is creating potential salary cap flexibility in the future to re-sign your recent first round picks.

It may feel nice initially to just stay put and get younger with a potential star like Greedy Williams...........but at some point you presumably gotta' pay Allen, White and Edmunds(and Milano and Dawkins)...........so you instead get a stud player in trade now who will be coming off the books when you need to pay White and you aren't stuck with the kind of either/or choices wrt your homegrown talent.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills are going to have to be decisive on OL in FA/trade though...........there are so many bad OL's around the league and so much cap space.........and more teams than ever think they may have their QB...........it's a recipe for having to overpay and I'm not really down with drafting another one early with a young QB to protect.

You saved all of that cap room and have under provided for your rookie QB............time to pay the piper for FA O-lineman.

One of the upsides of trading a first round pick for a guy like AB or Julio is creating potential salary cap flexibility in the future to re-sign your recent first round picks.

It may feel nice initially to just stay put and get younger with a potential star like Greedy Williams...........but at some point you presumably gotta' pay Allen, White and Edmunds(and Milano and Dawkins)...........so you instead get a stud player in trade now who will be coming off the books when you need to pay White and you aren't stuck with the kind of either/or choices wrt your homegrown talent.

For sure...one thing that I like about Beane is that he's got a reputation for being active in the trade market, even if his acquisitions haven't been great.  So often in the NFL it's the GM that's willing to make an offer for the player that nobody else thinks is available that's rewarded.

I'd love to see a true swing-for-the-fences offseason from these guys; not just one where they spend big money on multiple Dockery-esque questionable talents and pass it off as a swing-for-the-fences effort.

Slightly off topic but it pertains to a 2019 hopeful...

The 2019 free agent list is pretty slim but someone that I would love for the Bills to go after (depending on what the compensation would be since he is a restricted free agent) is Josh Gordon.  It's unlikely for a number of reasons but he is far and away the best potential WR in free agency.