Week 14: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 14: Jets Game Preparation - Bills Open as 3.5 Point Favorites; Sam Darnold Will Start; Friday Injury Reports Posted with McKenzie Questionable and Croom Doubtful

7 Things to Watch in Bills vs. Jets this Weekend

baqb0diszdw8dyvd1ska.jpg

It’s December football—the first of three December home games for the Bills. It’s the fourth straight season the Bills have played three home games in the month of December, so you know what to expect: chilly temperatures, blustery winds, and a chance for a little snow (see December 2017 vs. Colts).

Here are some of the top things to anticipate as the Bills and the rest of the NFL moves into week 14:

1. SHOWCASE FOR QB CLASS OF 2018
2. BILLS TAKEAWAYS = WINS VS. JETS
3. ALLEN’S A MAGNET FOR NFL EVALUATION
4. DON’T EXPECT AN AERIAL CIRCUS
5. SO, WHO WILL GET THE CARRIES?
6. DON’T EXPECT A NAIL-BITER
7. MEANTIME, SAME OLD STORY FOR THE PATRIOTS

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Is this the first time the Bills have been favorites to win a game this season?

Well, after-all, this will be the... 

Battle To The Bottom Game for the AFC East.

Someone has to be favored...  Ha Ha Ha

Go BILLS!!!!!

NFL Week 14 game picks

By Elliot Harrison

Buffalo Bills 20, New York Jets 9

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | New Era Field (Orchard Park, N.Y.)

One of the few games this weekend that are relatively meaningless. Draft positioning will dominate all the discussion with these two teams going forward, though we know that no real fans will be rooting for their precious Jets or Bills to lose. Yeaaaaaaah, maybe that isn't a totally accurate statement. Sam Darnold appears poised to return for this game, but those Buffalo fans will definitely make life miserable for Darnold (or Josh McCown, if Darnold's foot acts up again), as will the Bills' front seven. The Buffalo defense gave up 175 total yards in Miami last week. If the Jets are to sneak in a road win here and end their six-game losing streak, they must re-script their red-zone plays. Blow up what they've been doing. Do a 180. That overlooked area of pro football cost them a win last week in Tennessee -- and, from a macro view, the Jets are the worst offense in the NFL inside the 20.

ESPN Nation and Expert Picks:

Jets (3-9) at Bills (4-8): 1 p.m. ET, CBS

Point spread: BUF -3.5 Matchup quality: 14.4 (of 100)

Rich Cimini's pick: This is a bad matchup for the Jets. Sam Darnold is coming off a one-month layoff, which means he'll be rusty in the first cold-weather game of his life. Buffalo's zone-based defense will cause problems for the Jets, who have only three offensive touchdowns in the past five games. Bills 23, Jets 12

Mike Rodak's pick: The Bills are favored by Vegas for the first time this season, and for good reason: They walloped the Jets 41-10 with fill-in quarterback Matt Barkley last month at MetLife Stadium. I would expect some regression by Josh Allen, whose 83.6 Total QBR in his two games since returning from an elbow injury has exceeded his 53.0 mark for the season. But the opportunity still exists for Allen to have another big game against a Jets defense that has given up an NFL-worst 450.7 yards per game since (and including) its loss to Buffalo. Bills 26, Jets 20

FPI win projection: BUF, 71.5 percent. After being favored just once in their first 12 games of the season, the Bills are favored in three of their final four games by FPI, with a 71.5 percent chance to win against the Jets on Sunday. That is the largest favorite the Bills have been since Week 1 of last season, when they were 75 percent favorites, also against the Jets.

1jlor9.jpg
2nbvp1t.jpg

SI/MMQB Picks:

wk-14-su-picks.jpg&w=800&q=85

wk-14-ats-picks.jpg&w=800&q=85

nfl_tip-sheet_graphic_week14.jpeg?itok=h

CBS Sports Expert Picks: It's all Bills ATS and Straight Up

PFT’s Week 14 picks

Jets at Bills

MDS’s take: Neither of these teams is going anywhere, but the Bills seem to be trending in a better direction than the Jets.

MDS’s pick: Bills 20, Jets 10.

Florio’s take: Josh Allen quietly is blossoming into a star, and the Jets are loudly falling apart.

Florio’s pick: Bills 27, Jets 17.

Dtw2imbWsAUc8JN.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 14: Jets Game Preparation - Bills Open as 3.5 Point Favorites; Sam Darnold Will Start; Friday Injury Reports Posted with McKenzie Questionable and Croom Doubtful; Darron Lee Suspended by the NFL
31 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Well, after-all, this will be the... 

Battle To The Bottom Game for the AFC East.

Someone has to be favored...  Ha Ha Ha

Go BILLS!!!!!

We'll be favored in more games I bet since this is the easy part of the schedule.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

We'll be favored in more games I bet since this is the easy part of the schedule.

After the Jets we play

Lions

Patriots

Dolphins

I do not see us being favored over the Patriots or the Dolphins.

I'd be surprised if we were favored over Lions.

2 minutes ago, cd1 said:

After the Jets we play

Lions

Patriots

Dolphins

I do not see us being favored over the Patriots or the Dolphins.

I'd be surprised if we were favored over Lions.

I bet they'll be favored over the Lions and the Dolphins because they are at home. We'll see though.

From 26's post above:

"FPI win projection: BUF, 71.5 percent. After being favored just once in their first 12 games of the season, the Bills are favored in three of their final four games by FPI"

So at least they are favored by FPI.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 14: Jets Game Preparation - Bills Remain 3.5 Point Favorites; Sam Darnold Will Start; Friday Injury Reports Posted with McKenzie Questionable and Croom Doubtful; Darron Lee Suspended by the NFL