How much does the reveal that missed Zay Jones in endzone pass affect your inaccuracy POV?

2 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Yes because all QBs avoid that rush and have a strong enough arm to throw acrossed their body on the run as far as he did 

At that point it became a routine play. But that's ok. I don't expect every routine play to be made every time, nor does he deserve criticism today. He already has surpassed what I thought he would develop into, so I am very pleased.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Adam said:

At that point it became a routine play. But that's ok. I don't expect every routine play to be made every time, nor does he deserve criticism today. He already has surpassed what I thought he would develop into, so I am very pleased.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on the routine play.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Would we feel better if there were 5 men on the spot, 3 of them Fish, and it was knocked away like almost every Hail Mary in history?

Edited by row_33

27 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You may be right. That's not how I interpreted what they all said. It didn't appear to be a -- if they do this, we do that pattern. It appeared to be a specific pattern that Zay broke off because the endzone was so wide open. Those are two different issues. I don't think Josh misread the coverage.

That's not what Josh said in his post game interview.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree on the routine play.

I have no clue what people have been watching to get expectations up for real life

does Madden allow for routine 50 yard scrambling bombs that are pinpoint every time? Is that where they get these demands?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

I have no clue what people have been watching to get expectations up for real life

does Madden allow for routine 50 yard scrambling bombs that are pinpoint every time? Is that where they get these demands?

It must.  No qb in the league makes that play routinely.  None.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That's not what Josh said in his post game interview.

I know but he was being diplomatic. And if you read between the lines of what he said, he did infer that the play was designed for Zay to sit on the pattern. He blamed himself for not recognizing that Zay was going to break off the pattern.

31 minutes ago, Success said:

Doesn’t matter to me either way.  I can’t remember a fan base picking apart every single throw with such excruciating detail.

Allen was great today - he has that will to win that you want in a QB and leader.  

I wonder how many of his detractors wanted Cousins and his accuracy?

This indeed is an excellent response to Allen's detractors. Even as a rookie with so much room for improvement his escapability and will to win keeps this team in games when the face two opponents. Opponent one being the team the face and two being the Zebras. Allen is an athletic freak who can win games on sheer will. He will be up there with Kelly when all is said and done. I have never heard a team in our position be so in support of a young QB. The team absolutely loves playing with him because they know... We as fans should embrace it and know that in a year it will be much better than it is now. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I know but he was being diplomatic. And if you read between the lines of what he said, he did infer that the play was designed for Zay to sit on the pattern. He blamed himself for not recognizing that Zay was going to break off the pattern.

He stepped up as a leader on and off the field today, which I will only see good things from

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen said in post game that Zay was right to keep running against cover 0 with it being his fault. Either way they weren't on the same page. 

...and Zay said the exact opposite it's almost as if these teammates refuse to throw each other under the bus.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You dont sit down against man to man coverage. You sit down against zone. Cover 0 is straight man to man with no deep safeties.

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

None of that is the actual truth, you should know that.....

If they were indeed in Cover 0, which they appeared to be, then it was actual truth.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

You dont sit down against man to man coverage. You sit down against zone. Cover 0 is straight man to man with no deep safeties.

If they were indeed in Cover 0, which they appeared to be, then it was actual truth.

Sorry, I meant I never take anything said during postgame statements to be meaningful

hopefully they don’t throw each other under the bus

they may indeed speak full truth but it’s besides the point