How much does the reveal that missed Zay Jones in endzone pass affect your inaccuracy POV?

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Ugh. Probably my biggest pet peeve in fan talk. "Let's change one play in the first half and pretend the rest of the game plays out exactly if that critical play didn't change the whole complexion of the game."

Which is just the baby brother of, "Let's change 3-5 plays at various points in the game - all in our favor - and pretend everything that happens in between all those critical play reversals doesn't change."

I totally agree. It’s my biggest pet peeve. I wasn’t saying that though. I was just making the comparison of how we only lost by four. NOT that the game would have played out the exact same way and just add those points at the end of the game. 

I think everything will have been different for the rest of ANY game following ANY play that is called or made differently. 

15 hours ago, Mango said:

Zay shouldn't sit in man coverage. The staff and receiver are being diplomatic, not the QB. 

yep. Just because that was the play design, Zay was running the right route.. why would a receiver want to sit knowing he has a man chasing him and daylight ahead. JA's gotta know the route is going to change in man coverage, no safeties around him.. just a rookie thing, live and learn.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

yep. Just because that was the play design, Zay was running the right route.. why would a receiver want to sit knowing he has a man chasing him and daylight ahead. JA's gotta know the route is going to change in man coverage, no safeties around him.. just a rookie thing, live and learn.

That’s not true. It wasn’t that kind of route. There was no “read” option. And he didn’t really have a man chasing him. He was wide open. Zay said it after the game. “My job was to sit.”

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That’s not true. It wasn’t that kind of route. There was no “read” option. And he didn’t really have a man chasing him. He was wide open. Zay said it after the game. “My job was to sit.”

It was man coverage no safeties. Zay doesn't know how much he burned his man, but he's not going to sit with no safeties and for all he knew a guy directly behind him full speed. That would be an interception/not-open-man had he not burned his man so bad and stopped.

That route goes out the window in cover zero. I'm sure it was play design and all that, but Zay did the right thing there staying open. NBD but miscommunication happens. WRs shouldn't stop in that situation.

I'm not saying Allen was inaccurate. Just was going by the play design and not adjusting to how the play had developed.. that's super hard at game speed but will be TDs in the future when Allen gets more chemistry with knowing where his WRs want the ball in certain situations. Fitz always read that knowing Stevie was going to go where the play took him. Saavy vet move with solid chemistry with Stevie.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I totally agree. It’s my biggest pet peeve. I wasn’t saying that though. I was just making the comparison of how we only lost by four. NOT that the game would have played out the exact same way and just add those points at the end of the game. 

I think everything will have been different for the rest of ANY game following ANY play that is called or made differently. 

God bless you. Now go out and spread that gospel.

• Like (+1) 1