Our Coaching Staff LOST this game vs. Miami

PUNT750

15 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you want Hughes to just walk away without saying anything?

I don't want him chasing an official off the field. That isn't appropriate and to be honest, it's the second such incident for one of our players in the last few weeks

Just now, Adam said:

I don't want him chasing an official off the field. That isn't appropriate and to be honest, it's the second such incident for one of our players in the last few weeks

So you're blaming McDermott then for Shaq getting sucker punched and being upset after and Hughes being called a B word and reacting to that as well?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you're blaming McDermott then for Shaq getting sucker punched and being upset after and Hughes being called a B word and reacting to that as well?

The players need to be disciplined in those situations, because if they aren't they won't be on the field. Guess what they aren't doing on game day if they aren't on the field?

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I noticed McDermott referenced "our young football team" in his very first statement of the PC after the game.

He loves to do that. 

[We're the 5th oldest team in the league].

Yet - if you pay attention at all - we are at/near the top for number of snaps played by 1st and 2nd year players.  The older guys are mostly fill ins while we rebuild.  

There is a ton of youth on the o-line (many penalties), Lbs, cbs - so the overall age matters little - the guys out their playing are very young and they are making young player mistakes.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I noticed McDermott referenced "our young football team" in his very first statement of the PC after the game.

He loves to do that. 

This really is a dumb comment.

We’re only 5th “oldest” because we have 3 very old players on the team. The majority of the starters are first or second year pros. They even mentioned during the game that we have more first or second year starters than any other team in the NFL.

59 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

In all seriousness I’m putting this on who ever is making the decisions involving this revolving door of punters. You need consistency in taking snaps and placing the ball for a kicker. You can’t bring a guy in on Thursday and throw him in. A kicker has to have a ball placed a certain way. If they knew they were going to make a switch why not have Barkley take snaps and hold the ball.

Easy because as the back-up QB - he is involved in the practice - whereas you can let the punter, kicker, and snapper go off during practice and kick 200 - 300 times during the week. 

If Barkley is the holder that number goes way down.  That is the reason the NFL changed years ago to the punter holding.  It allows for much more practice during the week.

Just now, Azucho98 said:

The no call on Allen when he was hit in the neck and head lost the game. If Brady were hit like that, it would be called 100% of the time.   Ref's had an ugly week across the NFL.

I won't say it lost us the game, but that was a terrible non-calll. I'm don't even care about the impact on the game. That's a safety issue and the ref failed to protect the player!

He loves to do that. 

35% of our starters are 1st or 2nd year players. That’s top 3 in nfl. Roster age maybe skewed with players like Kyle and Zo.

• Like (+1) 2

We are starting four rookies, four  2nd year guys, and have significant contributions (playing time) from at least 3 other rookies.

Just now, mabden said:

We are starting four rookies, four  2nd year guys, and have significant contributions (playing time) from at least 3 other rookies.

It’s kind of a rebuild, lots will be put on an ice floe over the next few years

4 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

The blocking in the back is being stupid.  These players have all been playing for several years.  How many times do they have to hear "if you see the player's name on his jersey, don't touch him" before they get it?  You see this called on many INTs, so I guess you can't be as hard on defensive players who aren't used to blocking but it's still the same instruction.  There was that play in the 4th quarter when the replay showed that Foster hit the defender in the back but, not satisfied, he did it again harder to get the penalty.  The Bills scored a TD on the next play so it didn't matter but these dumb penalties are usually costly.  As you said, either these infractions are not being emphasized enough in practice or the players are stupid.

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

35% of our starters are 1st or 2nd year players. That’s top 3 in nfl. Roster age maybe skewed with players like Kyle and Zo.

The Bills average age is skewed by veteran players such as Williams, Alexander, Hauschka and Anderson but there are also a good number of players between the ages of 28 and 30.  (McCoy, Hughes, Ivory and Holmes are all 30)

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

The scoreboard dictates the strategy in real time

you can have 1000 yards to my -10 as long  as I have one more point on the scoreboard

It reminds me of the Tyrod days...when we only got 150 pass but won.  Not supporting Tyrod, but supporting the same thing you are.  Btw I'm all in on Allen, but Tyrod was not as awful as some make him to be

13 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

How can the Bills out gain a team 415-160 in total yards, 24-15 in 1st downs and 66-50 in total plays and still lose on the road!  We had 13 penalties for 120 yards.  We had 3 turn-overs and Miami had just 1.  One of our turn-overs was Allen's desperation toss into the end zone at the end of the first half. 

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

Our Special Teams coach should have been fired years ago.  Too many men on the field, holding, blocking in the back and general confusion.

Our head coach keeps changing punters and now our really great place-kicker is suffering with a new holder every few weeks.  By missing a FG and Extra Point today the game was lost.  Why couldn't the team find someone else on the roster to learn the holding duties?  Maybe Barkley,  Hyde or Logan Thomas?

And, finally, why do they keep giving the ball to Ivory.  He's done.  The pitch outs to him were laughable.  Six carries for 4 total yards.  When Shady made a few runs towards the end of the game he looked like a tired, old horse.

Is the coach and the staff too into his players?  A bit afraid to hurt ego's?  They should have never lost this game - never!

Maybe McClappity And Mr Bean will understand that you can't just throw anyone in as a kicker's holder. Especially on short notice.