Our Coaching Staff LOST this game vs. Miami

PUNT750

13 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I personally have no problem with Hughes calling a grown man out for saying what he said to him.  Let's be honest, if the ref and Hughes were on the street would he have said what he did to Hughes?  The ref needs to be held accountable for his actions.  Hughes has done a great job of reducing his dumb penalties on the field but when a ref says what he says I have no problem with Hughes calling him out.

If there is evidence of the ref saying anything, he should be held accountable. But that isn't the method for holding him accountable. It's just not how things work in the world, sorry....

43 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

How can the Bills out gain a team 415-160 in total yards, 24-15 in 1st downs and 66-50 in total plays and still lose on the road!  We had 13 penalties for 120 yards.  We had 3 turn-overs and Miami had just 1.  One of our turn-overs was Allen's desperation toss into the end zone at the end of the first half. 

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

Our Special Teams coach should have been fired years ago.  Too many men on the field, holding, blocking in the back and general confusion.

Our head coach keeps changing punters and now our really great place-kicker is suffering with a new holder every few weeks.  By missing a FG and Extra Point today the game was lost.  Why couldn't the team find someone else on the roster to learn the holding duties?  Maybe Barkley,  Hyde or Logan Thomas?

And, finally, why do they keep giving the ball to Ivory.  He's done.  The pitch outs to him were laughable.  Six carries for 4 total yards.  When Shady made a few runs towards the end of the game he looked like a tired, old horse.

Is the coach and the staff too into his players?  A bit afraid to hurt ego's?  They should have never lost this game - never!

Troll seek life elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

If there is evidence of the ref saying anything, he should be held accountable. But that isn't the method for holding him accountable. It's just not how things work in the world, sorry....

So you want Hughes to just walk away without saying anything?

I really can’t disagree too much with you.

Mcd likes to preach discipline And process but it’s hard to take that seriously when they get 10 penalties every week.

Also the clock management at the end of the first half was a joke

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

How can the Bills out gain a team 415-160 in total yards, 24-15 in 1st downs and 66-50 in total plays and still lose on the road!  We had 13 penalties for 120 yards.  We had 3 turn-overs and Miami had just 1.  One of our turn-overs was Allen's desperation toss into the end zone at the end of the first half. 

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

Our Special Teams coach should have been fired years ago.  Too many men on the field, holding, blocking in the back and general confusion.

Our head coach keeps changing punters and now our really great place-kicker is suffering with a new holder every few weeks.  By missing a FG and Extra Point today the game was lost.  Why couldn't the team find someone else on the roster to learn the holding duties?  Maybe Barkley,  Hyde or Logan Thomas?

And, finally, why do they keep giving the ball to Ivory.  He's done.  The pitch outs to him were laughable.  Six carries for 4 total yards.  When Shady made a few runs towards the end of the game he looked like a tired, old horse.

Is the coach and the staff too into his players?  A bit afraid to hurt ego's?  They should have never lost this game - never!

I don’t think that you are wrong at all. The comments about the holder and penalties are spot on. In addition they decided that a Hail Mary was a better play than a 56 yard FG attempt before halftime. Add that to the TERRIBLE challenge and this was one of McDermott’s worst games. This team had chances to win and it just didn’t happen.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

.....and here I was thinking it was the final pass play................thanks for clearing that up punt750.

Sheesh.

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I noticed McDermott referenced "our young football team" in his very first statement of the PC after the game.

He loves to do that. 

[We're the 5th oldest team in the league].

No, not in the players that matter. Our core is a very young group. No denying that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Adam said:

In that case, the process is to file a grievance with the league, not for the player to confront the official in the tunnel

He called a guy out that's it.  He never touched him or went after him.  He did nothing wrong IMHO.  He obviously isn't a guy that's gonna let someone walk all over him.  I have no problem with him standing up for himself.  If he laid his hands on him, now that's another story but just to yell back that's different.

48 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

You are not wrong where I bolded.

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I noticed McDermott referenced "our young football team" in his very first statement of the PC after the game.

He loves to do that. 

oh man. This has been dissected several times already.

Bills nearly lead the league in number of 1st and 2nd year players playing when tallied up by snap counts.

The overall roster age is not indicative of Bills amazing amount of young players. Starters like Lorax, Meatball, Haus-Money, Hughes, and also several other depth players weigh down the avg. age.

Edited by cba fan

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, not in the players that matter. Our core is a very young group. No denying that. 

Define "core".  Some of it is young, some of it is old, some of it is middle-aged.

The point is McDermott likes to deflect blame for his penalty ridden squad by suggesting it is an unavoidable byproduct of youth. 

That's BS in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Define "core".  Some of it is young, some of it is old, some of it is middle-aged.

The point is McDermott likes to deflect blame for his penalty ridden squad by suggesting it is an unavoidable byproduct of youth. 

That's BS in my opinion.

it is an unavoidable byproduct of youth. History told me so.

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He loves to do that. 

We've discussed this on this forum before. We're "older" by something like 0.14 years, and arguably our best players are our young ones (Kyle, Lorax and Shady notwithstanding). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's BS in my opinion.

How do you build a team?  You start with the most critical positions of QB, LT, MLB, top CB and a rush end. Out of those positions, only Jerry Hughes has even 2 years experience.  THAT is your young nucleus. I could go on with Teller, Milano, Phillips, T. Johnson and others, but you just carry one with calling BS. 

They are building something, and they rely on a lot of young guys. 

Edited by Augie

Sean McDermott not taking timeouts at the end of the 1st half when the Dolphins were inside the 10 about to score is a tape that should be studied by all HC's as what NOT to do.  He lost us a possession there.  We ended up getting the ball back with 40 seconds when it should have been 1 minute and 40 seconds if we had a coach who understood situational football.

If we end up getting a FG at the end of the half because our coaching was competent than we would've only needed a FG at the end of the game.  Those type of mistakes, the ones that cost your team opportunities to score points are entirely unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 2