Our Coaching Staff LOST this game vs. Miami

PUNT750

How can the Bills out gain a team 415-160 in total yards, 24-15 in 1st downs and 66-50 in total plays and still lose on the road!  We had 13 penalties for 120 yards.  We had 3 turn-overs and Miami had just 1.  One of our turn-overs was Allen's desperation toss into the end zone at the end of the first half. 

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

Our Special Teams coach should have been fired years ago.  Too many men on the field, holding, blocking in the back and general confusion.

Our head coach keeps changing punters and now our really great place-kicker is suffering with a new holder every few weeks.  By missing a FG and Extra Point today the game was lost.  Why couldn't the team find someone else on the roster to learn the holding duties?  Maybe Barkley,  Hyde or Logan Thomas?

And, finally, why do they keep giving the ball to Ivory.  He's done.  The pitch outs to him were laughable.  Six carries for 4 total yards.  When Shady made a few runs towards the end of the game he looked like a tired, old horse.

Is the coach and the staff too into his players?  A bit afraid to hurt ego's?  They should have never lost this game - never!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

How can the Bills out gain a team 415-160 in total yards, 24-15 in 1st downs and 66-50 in total plays and still lose on the road!  We had 13 penalties for 120 yards.  We had 3 turn-overs and Miami had just 1.  One of our turn-overs was Allen's desperation toss into the end zone at the end of the first half. 

I blame this coaching staff.  They've collected some pretty good back-up players that are filling in as starters in the NFL but nobody seems to be coaching them up or making them better.  Some on the o-line are worse.  PENALTIES!!!!  I keep hearing every week in the press conferences that we're working to correct techniques.  We now lead the NFL with 100 total penalties.  Stupid penalties.  Blocking in the back, obvious holding in the o-line, false starts etc.  What the hell goes on in practice?  Are these guys too rich or too stupid to be coached???

Our Special Teams coach should have been fired years ago.  Too many men on the field, holding, blocking in the back and general confusion.

Our head coach keeps changing punters and now our really great place-kicker is suffering with a new holder every few weeks.  By missing a FG and Extra Point today the game was lost.  Why couldn't the team find someone else on the roster to learn the holding duties?  Maybe Barkley,  Hyde or Logan Thomas?

And, finally, why do they keep giving the ball to Ivory.  He's done.  The pitch outs to him were laughable.  Six carries for 4 total yards.  When Shady made a few runs towards the end of the game he looked like a tired, old horse.

Is the coach and the staff too into his players?  A bit afraid to hurt ego's?  They should have never lost this game - never!

McDermott wants to be liked . 

Many of the penalties are due to a lack of talent on the offensive line. And that happened primarily because we lost two starting OLs after free agency/draft and had no viable options to replace them with at that point. Schmidt wasn't getting much hang time on his punts and that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Add 2-3 starting OLs and I think our offense really takes shape. I'd like to see Clay and Hughes not on next year's roster, it would be nice to get something for them.

I think they are bringing Allen along nicely- he has a Ben Rothlisburger type trait in that he has to be wrapped up to be brought down- and he's a bit elusive with good pocket awareness. I wasn't expecting that. Our offense showed a good sense of urgency and pace in the two-minute drill and I was pleased with that. McCoy has something left, but I don't care if they move on from him as he is on the downside. If Benjamin would come back at cost, I'd consider it- he's had bad hands this year, but has drawn some holdiing and pass interference penalties, so the potential is there. I like Zay Jones and Robert Foster

I watched this game and thought the same thing. It’s wasn’t a well coached game. For starters challenging Tannehill safety wasn’t a good idea and worse left us with one less timeout. Then not kicking the FG at the end of the half. We tend to blame all ST mistakes on the ST coach so I’ll spare Crossman for a minute. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Many of the penalties are due to a lack of talent on the offensive line. And that happened primarily because we lost two starting OLs after free agency/draft and had no viable options to replace them with at that point. Schmidt wasn't getting much hang time on his punts and that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Add 2-3 starting OLs and I think our offense really takes shape. I'd like to see Clay and Hughes not on next year's roster, it would be nice to get something for them.

I think they are bringing Allen along nicely- he has a Ben Rothlisburger type trait in that he has to be wrapped up to be brought down- and he's a bit elusive with good pocket awareness. I wasn't expecting that. Our offense showed a good sense of urgency and pace in the two-minute drill and I was pleased with that. McCoy has something left, but I don't care if they move on from him as he is on the downside. If Benjamin would come back at cost, I'd consider it- he's had bad hands this year, but has drawn some holdiing and pass interference penalties, so the potential is there. I like Zay Jones and Robert Foster

Why the hate on Hughes? He's a monster out there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

You need to relax bro.  You're way to high after wins and way to low after losses.  Just relax a bit and enjoy the ride.  This team is far from the finished product they want on the field.  When that team is assembled you can then be going after the coach and gm.

• Like (+1) 1

In all seriousness I’m putting this on who ever is making the decisions involving this revolving door of punters. You need consistency in taking snaps and placing the ball for a kicker. You can’t bring a guy in on Thursday and throw him in. A kicker has to have a ball placed a certain way. If they knew they were going to make a switch why not have Barkley take snaps and hold the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Why the hate on Hughes? He's a monster out there.

He claimed he didn't even remember going after the ref after the game. Someone like that is a problem. Whether he remembers or not, he's going to probably be suspended and I expect this to be a recurring theme (he's always been a hothead). Best to cut ties early with this kind of thing. And yes, on the field he is a very good player, so no hate, just being pragmatic

1 minute ago, Adam said:

He claimed he didn't even remember going after the ref after the game. Someone like that is a problem. Whether he remembers or not, he's going to probably be suspended and I expect this to be a recurring theme (he's always been a hothead). Best to cut ties early with this kind of thing. And yes, on the field he is a very good player, so no hate, just being pragmatic

I personally have no problem with Hughes calling a grown man out for saying what he said to him.  Let's be honest, if the ref and Hughes were on the street would he have said what he did to Hughes?  The ref needs to be held accountable for his actions.  Hughes has done a great job of reducing his dumb penalties on the field but when a ref says what he says I have no problem with Hughes calling him out.

30 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

You just answered your own question. The coaching staff needs to shoulder some of the blame, especially the play calling at the end of the first half and the safety challenge. The officiating also played a big part in the outcome.

Edited by RaoulDuke79