Zay Jones - Coming Around Nicely

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Zay Jones. Lost in all this Allen talk and KB Clay talk is Zay Jones. He has really stepped up his game running routes, blocking, his hands have been fantastic and unlike K-Biscuit and Clay, he seems to be working his tail off.

considering there were posts calling him the “biggest bust in history,” the issues in the off-season, and coming off a surgery, he has really made great progress.

Kudos Zay!

PS: How about that throw and catch by Allen and Zay on 3rd and 12 on our own 2 yard line!

Edited by PolishPrince
edited a missed autocorrect from my phone post
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Descent game by Zay today.

Still would have liked to see him make 1 or two more plays though.

That 3rd and 11 in the first half (was a tough catch don’t get me wrong)

And the one at the end of course. I know it should have been PI but would have liked to see him come down with it regardless.

Overall he has progressed nicely this year though and actually looks like a NFL receiver 

This man had a heck of a game. Zay was the real break out player today. If Josh had been accurate on his throws Zay would have had 150+ yards receiving and at least three TDs. Happy for him given the rough start.

Edit: is anyone else having issues evaluating receivers on this team? KB is an obvious disappointment. It's a little harder with Foster, Thompson, and Zay given how bad the QB play has been. It's possible Zay is having a great season and most of us don't know because we're not watching all 22. The stats clearly aren't telling the whole story. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

Now that Zay Jones is living up to his draft status the rating of this regime's two drafts appear to be very solid. There is no dud selection with any of our first three picks in the two drafts with many solid pickups in the lower rounds.In the next draft we have a full complement of picks. If the picks match the previous two years of selections the roster should be bolstered with the franchise continuing to move in the right direction. 

37 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Zay Jones. Lost in all this Allen talk and KB Clay y’all is Zay Jones. He has really stepped up his game running routes, blocking, his hands have been fantastic and unlike K-Biscuit and Clay, he seems to be working his tail off.

considering there were posts calling him the “biggest bust in history,” the issues in the off-season, and coming off a surgery, he has really made great progress.

Kudos Zay!

PS: How about that throw and catch by Allen and Zay on 3rd and 12 on our own 2 yard line!

I think Allen starting to trust Zay more and more , he always says how hard he works , I definitely see a chemistry starting to develop between them !

Edited by Putin

19 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I don't think wanting to jump out of a whatever'th floor hotel window is considered normal...

And you have no idea what happened in that situation. Your diarrhea of the keyboard is obnoxious.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I can’t tell if he is a 2 or a 3

but I def think he has a place in this team and is starting to show his draft status worth

there are 1st round receivers that bust

I think in a perfect world he's a 3, but a damn good one. I'd like to see a true #1 a burner at #2 and Zay in the slot. Give Josh that setup along with a reliable TE and we may have something. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy was wide open all day. Just have to get the ball to him. A lot of points and yards left on the field today with open WRs

Allen has to learn to relax out there and put some touch on the ball.

If those are our only issues with Allen............ the Bills search for a franchise QB is FINALLY over for at least 15 years.